Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Darkrulerxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsausername View Post
    What do you guys think is the squishiest class in wow for pvp?

    mine goes

    1.shaman
    2.hunter
    3.monk
    4.mage
    5.rogue (as of now and 5.2)
    6.warrior
    7.paladin
    8.druid
    9.dk
    10.priest
    Wheres warlock, they should be last

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    434
    And how did you get DK on 9? hahahaha. Probably the squishiest class in the game. jeez, you really dont have any idea do you?

  3. #23
    News flash: It depends on the skills of the person behind the character. Also some classes are weaker against physical/magic damage so no one will ever agree. Basically a pointless thread where no conclusions will be achieved.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

    Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

    -Huainy

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Wheres warlock, they should be last
    that's a little harsh. Sure, if we consider all things put together warlocks are taking more damage - especially unavoidable damage - than any other class in the game. But they get 10% more HP for that.
    And as long as you manage to not get targeted for 3 minutes after you have blown your cooldowns, you can be very resilient. Then again, that can be said for most classes I guess.

    Still, I would argue rogues and mages are just as squishy.
    Just a different kind of squishy. Warlocks are squishy in the way that when a warrior or rogues sits on them that's it. Warlocks are easier neutralized and more susceptible to CC than other casters. I think the class is meant for people with slightly masochistic tendencies :-)

    And without focus heals and some serious peeling they wont get any casts off nor survive very long. But with cooldowns available the actual "squishiness" of sitting there in stun unable to do anything (except blow those CDs) will mean a lock is much more resilient than a rogue for example, or a mage. Sure, after the stun wears off the rogue disappears and the mage doesnt wait for the stun to wear off, he just blinks away and then roots everyone who thinks about chasing him, while the lock still sits there eating the punishment. But that's why I think squishy isnt really what the thread starter is talking about.

  5. #25
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    780
    I think if you refer to the first ranking list in the OPs post, then the last spot is the least squishy class.

    Warlock last = most resilient.

  6. #26
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,760
    I don't think people will ever come to an agreement on this thread, for several reason:
    -One reason, some people don't seem to understand what being actually is. A mage for example is very squishy, yet placed high on the list because they have a high survivability because of their shielding, blinking and ability to avoid damage in general.
    -A second reason, classes. People are picking one spec out of the class, either the strongest or the weakest and base their ranking on that. Elemental shamans are easy to kill yes, but good luck with a resto shaman.
    -The third reason, people are biased. Your own class is never the bulkiest.

    If you want a proper ranking, you should be looking at all specs individuality, forgetting about cooldowns, teleports, shields and whatsoever, as that has very little to do with how squishy a class is.
    As with the lists are now, I can't really agree with any of them :/

  7. #27
    Squishiest to LEAST squishy...

    1. Shaman
    2. Priest
    3. Warlock
    4. Mage
    5. Hunter
    6. Death Knight
    7. Monk
    8. Rogue
    9. Druid
    10. Warrior
    11. Paladin

    This list is my just personal opinion based on my pvp experiences playing with each class... I am probably biased (holy priest is my main)... but so are most of the other people in this thread so whatever... Wheee

  8. #28
    enhance is top by a clear margin.

    i've never died so many times in a single stun

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    If you want a proper ranking, you should be looking at all specs individuality, forgetting about cooldowns, teleports, shields and whatsoever, as that has very little to do with how squishy a class is.
    As with the lists are now, I can't really agree with any of them :/
    I actually agree with this, I just kinda judged based on the specs I used (biased).

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    Squishiest to LEAST squishy...

    1. Shaman
    2. Priest
    3. Warlock
    4. Mage
    5. Hunter
    6. Death Knight
    7. Monk
    8. Rogue
    9. Druid
    10. Warrior
    11. Paladin

    This list is my just personal opinion based on my pvp experiences playing with each class... I am probably biased (holy priest is my main)... but so are most of the other people in this thread so whatever... Wheee
    prob the only guy who got it right, though i think lock is squisher then priest (15% dmg mitigation in shadowform and priest can survive meele better)

    all others saying lock is hardest to kill, lol, simply lol.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    all others saying lock is hardest to kill, lol, simply lol.
    Depends on which lock. Affliction is extremely squishy and has no spec-specific survivability. Your survivability depends on Gateway and Portal, and whether your long defensive cooldowns are still up.

    Demonology has all the same cooldowns as Affliction, but it also has Dark Apotheosis, which is nearly a tank form, with reduced damage taken, spammable absorption shield, and plate-like armor. However, going to Dark Apotheosis means the Warlock isn't going to do a lot of damage, any time soon. Before patch 5.2, Demo warlocks also had double teleport (the one in Meta form had a separate cooldown from caster form), which was a bug, and gave them double the number of escapes.

    Destruction has all the same cooldowns as Affliction, but it additionally has Ember Tap, which sacrifices Burning Embers (which then can't be used on Chaos Bolt) for an instant-cast self heal. This can be fairly powerful and can save the Destruction Warlock when his buddy, Affliction, would have run out of cooldowns, and be dead.

    All of that being said, a Warlock's life span very much depends on whether he has had the chance to set up shop (put down Gateway and Portal), and his life span is much shortened if he hasn't, or did it poorly.

  12. #32
    i think this would be inaccurate just based on class

    for example
    there is world of difference between resto shammy and enhance, not sure abt ele as i rarely see em, but i generally find em weak
    same can be said for holy pally and ret, holy pally is like impossible to kill w/o help, on the other hand ret is very ez to take out
    ppl with hybrid specs are in the same boat, one spec is squishy while the other is a bit op


    from experience for melee ranking (no tanks)
    1. Enhance (squishy and cds arent hard to get away from)
    2. Ret (squishy, their self heals are pretty weak, easy to out damage, unless they use their AW)
    3. DK (frost hits like a truck, but lack surv skills, not many unholy)
    4. Rogue (their abiltiies are very very annoying)
    5. Monk (very good at running away lol, so hard to kill if they turn tail and run)
    5. Druid (would rank higher, as cat is squishy, but bear is strong)
    6. Warrior (nuff said)

    Range
    1. Ele (nice damage again, but if you los, its pretty much game over for them)
    2. Boomy (very nice damage again, but again LoS issue)
    3. Hunter (not very many def cd, but can be quite annoying)
    4. Mage (a lot of tools are their disposal)
    5. Spriest (really really annoying to go up against)
    6. Lock (i dont need to talk much abt this class)

    Healers
    1. Priest/Monks (hard to say between the two, but come next patch will be diff)
    2. Druid (crap if you only got snares and limited stuns as tehy just shapeshift away)
    3. Shammy (pretty hard to kill)
    4. Pally (impossible to kill by yourself)

  13. #33
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    prob the only guy who got it right, though i think lock is squisher then priest (15% dmg mitigation in shadowform and priest can survive meele better)

    all others saying lock is hardest to kill, lol, simply lol.
    I have to agree as well, it's one of the better lists I've seen.


    As for warlocks, being a warlock myself, just to clarify this: being able to heal up or to teleport away doesn't mean you can't be squishy.
    That pretty much counts for every class.

    Sure warlocks can pop a big ass shield, they still take a ton of damage due very low mitigation. Demonology can leap away, teleport around and knock you around, but unless they are in dark apotheosis, which is something many warlocks don't bother with, you'll still be taking a ton of damage. Same story for destruction with embertap, you can stay alive by embertapping, but you also take more damage then most other specs.

    A thing with warlocks is, you focus on them and they just have to pop something to survive and/or teleport away. Often, people just switch to a different target leaving the warlock alone long enough to get cooldowns back up.
    When I do arena, if the other team tunnels me all game long, my healer will oom very quickly because of how much damage I'll be taking and eventually we lose unless we can get a kill before they kill me. On the other hand, if the other team switches when I teleport, which happens in most cases, I'll always have something ready for when they switch back to me, which makes me very hard to kill.

    Squishy specs are often given the tools to survive with their squishyness, which can give a wrong view to what real squishyness actually is. However, prevent a squishy spec from using his tools, and you get a pretty easy kill.

  14. #34
    Where exactly are people finding these incredibly unsquishy Druids? I'd like to meet them. Being able to escape is hardly the same as not being squishy. In my experience as a Resto Druid, as soon as the Druid is locked down for even a few seconds, it melts away like nothing else.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I have to agree as well, it's one of the better lists I've seen.


    As for warlocks, being a warlock myself, just to clarify this: being able to heal up or to teleport away doesn't mean you can't be squishy.
    That pretty much counts for every class.

    Sure warlocks can pop a big ass shield, they still take a ton of damage due very low mitigation. Demonology can leap away, teleport around and knock you around, but unless they are in dark apotheosis, which is something many warlocks don't bother with, you'll still be taking a ton of damage. Same story for destruction with embertap, you can stay alive by embertapping, but you also take more damage then most other specs.

    A thing with warlocks is, you focus on them and they just have to pop something to survive and/or teleport away. Often, people just switch to a different target leaving the warlock alone long enough to get cooldowns back up.
    When I do arena, if the other team tunnels me all game long, my healer will oom very quickly because of how much damage I'll be taking and eventually we lose unless we can get a kill before they kill me. On the other hand, if the other team switches when I teleport, which happens in most cases, I'll always have something ready for when they switch back to me, which makes me very hard to kill.

    Squishy specs are often given the tools to survive with their squishyness, which can give a wrong view to what real squishyness actually is. However, prevent a squishy spec from using his tools, and you get a pretty easy kill.
    there is that option where they tunnel u for 30sec draining you from all defensive cd's, and then ur pretty gone...
    demo DA is hardly used since u might survive, but whats the point? your going for draws? its like playing 3v2 when the 2team has some guy who just survives and stand there (fearbot)
    destro has the embertaps which is nice mechanic to survive, but the whole other spec conecept in pvp is lacking, relaying on 2~3 sec casts on 3's is a no go.
    casting incinrates and maintining immolate is not rewarding to an extent where its just not worth taking the risk of being locked off.
    so your balanced on 2~3 sec cast which also hits like shit unless used with cds which is on 2min cd (even then u will get 1 chaosbolt if your lucky)
    so point is it's pretty non effective and takes way to much luck and depends on how bad the enemy team is.

    afflic is the most decent spec, though MG is the mechanic that screws afflic (channeling for 50% of your dmg on pvp? not sure which is worse this or cb, then again dots on 3 targets is decent while destro has nothing)
    and afflic has nothing to survive no embertaps, no demon form, just shards that are used for dots and haunt.

    if they gave somthing defensive relient on shards that is worth using (lol does anyone knows u can use shard with port for 50% speed? prob not cuz no one will ever use it).

  16. #36
    Definitely agree with enhance Shaman's position, good thing Blizzard does nothing about it, so we can keep staying on the top of a list finally!
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  17. #37
    All depends on specc/gear/skill.
    I agree that shamans are maybe the squishiest target followed by DK's who never change presence. Other then that every class got some nice cds to keep themselves alive, catch someone without cds and you can roflstomp them all.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire Edx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flanders, Belgium
    Posts
    490
    Meh, only classes that were too squishy in 5.1 IMO were Disc Priests, DKs, Rogues and Elemental/Enhance Shamans.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci
    14. Healers: they are just gods and do not know the word squishiness until they are beaten by 3+ players at the same time, and then they come to complain on the forums that 3 DPS classes did "global" their healer in 30 seconds only...
    This is just not true. Are you always facing 5.2 disc priests or godcomp resto druids? You are right if thats the case but other than that it is very easy to kill healers. Actually up to a specific rating in 3s the teams that peel their healer the best always win. Thats why the majority of teams between 2000-2100 rating are healer zergers.

    I mean.. are you so bad that you can't stun a healer into a silence or do you just not pvp at all? This is completely untrue and I am sorry but a little bit retarded too

    If you are talking about battlegrounds then there is a big possibility that you don't have that small coordination needed to kill a healer.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-03-05 at 01:25 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Definitely agree with enhance Shaman's position, good thing Blizzard does nothing about it, so we can keep staying on the top of a list finally!
    Yeah, isn't it great that Shamans are finally on top in something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •