Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    DPS Shamans have been the top since Cata now....on the worst spec list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    1. Shaman - No matter what spec you play will get damaged a lot and do not have good cds/kitabilty to back it up
    2. DK - Very squishy and is focus target alot
    3. Druid -Boomkin/Feral can not take that much damage to kill them, resto druid are a pretty good healer to focus
    4. Hunter - They can die very easily, and only have 1 cd to protect them
    5. Rogue -Recup is not healing a lot and their damage is bad(I do take damage in account for survivability) but if they do have a healer with them they can do okay
    6. Paladin - Have a bubble but after that they are easy to kill
    7. Priest -Spriest are not bad at taking damage, have a good cd and can heal themselves, disc surv is getting buffed next patch
    8. Warrior - Has a good amount of cds and second wind
    9. Monk - MW monk is very hard to kill, WW cds are not good but they can heal themselves for a good amount
    10. Mage - One of the best classes at suriving, can kite/cc easily and has a bubble(2) and absorb
    10. Warlock - I put them tied with mages, teleport is godly and they can cc and have a ton of cds

This is my general top to bottom targets in rbgs, some of it does depend on spec but I am trying to take that into account. Rogues will be stronger next patch so they should be higher then.
    Same as my list (so I'll not type out a near-identical copy) - but I'd make some slight caveats. Mistweaver monks are squishy - unless you stun them - in which case they are damage immune (I arena with a MW and I see so many people still trying to stun her before burst) - their rolls make them good at escaping melee, and they have some powerful anti-magic cooldowns - but if you get those on cooldown they're maybe the squishiest healer. Hard swaps are the way to kill them (without stuns). WW are very hard to kill.

60 second cloak and baseline prep is going to be amazing for rogue survivability (and I think recup got a buff). So expect to see them shift up the list.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Good Enh shamans are actually pretty hard to kill, between shamanistic rage / wolves / astral shift / healingstorm procs - they can mitigate anyones burst cycles (short of 30s cooldown deep freeze cycles, but most classes don't get to burst every 30 seconds) - and usually respond with some not-terrible healing of their own that is instant/uninterruptable. Ele is super squishy, but Shamanistic Rage should help this a lot.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Same as my list (so I'll not type out a near-identical copy) - but I'd make some slight caveats. Mistweaver monks are squishy - unless you stun them - in which case they are damage immune (I arena with a MW and I see so many people still trying to stun her before burst) - their rolls make them good at escaping melee, and they have some powerful anti-magic cooldowns - but if you get those on cooldown they're maybe the squishiest healer. Hard swaps are the way to kill them (without stuns). WW are very hard to kill.

60 second cloak and baseline prep is going to be amazing for rogue survivability (and I think recup got a buff). So expect to see them shift up the list.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:36 PM ----------

Good Enh shamans are actually pretty hard to kill, between shamanistic rage / wolves / astral shift / healingstorm procs - they can mitigate anyones burst cycles (short of 30s cooldown deep freeze cycles, but most classes don't get to burst every 30 seconds) - and usually respond with some not-terrible healing of their own that is instant/uninterruptable. Ele is super squishy, but Shamanistic Rage should help this a lot.
    We play the same game? Enhance die like a fly in a stun / silence, if silenced, stun dosen't even needed
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

I play a mistweaver, if we use our cds/portal we are near godlike, but if we don't we can die very easily. Also we are a total counter to melee(besides ww and feral druids), and have a few good anti casting abilties. I might be biased but if played right is is very hard to die as a mistweaver if we have our teleport set up, I am by far the least killed healer on my rbg team as long as I do not go too far into the ranks.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    consider a dk can walk around in bloodpresence all day without severe damage penalties: you Sir are right!
    wasnt that the case with warriors; weren't they nerfed for that? hmm
    But the goal of balancing is to make it so the same number of people are playing each class, and there were more warriors then dks, so warriors had to be nerfed, while DKs with the same thing did not.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-03-06 at 01:27 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Rogue - They tend to die in a stun
    2. DK - Same as rogue but plate armor prolongs it slightly against melee
    3. Mage - they can kite well but they melt if you get them into melee range
    4. Shaman - no real way to peel you, they don't die incredicbly fast but are easy to lock down
    5. Hunter - They have the problem of melting if in melee range for more than a few seconds but mail armor and pet utility helps
    6. Monk - Squishy but very very hard to catch up to as well as having powerful shields
    7. Lock - several defensive cds as well as health returning offenseive abilities
    8. Priest - Defensive cds on very short cooldowns plus hybrid healing and DP healing
    9. Pally - Plate armor + bubble + hybrid healing + some defensive cds
    10. Druid - extremely mobile with powerful cc, hybird healing, and a tank form on command
    11. Warrior - Also extremely mobile, damage output so high it forces others to play defensively, several defensive cds, and second wind passive
    Last edited by Boricha; 2013-03-06 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    You need to take out the tank and healing specs, and specify all other DPS specs, so there are more than 11 possibilities. Apart from that, it's hard to answer this question in general. A hunter who is successfully kiting a rogue, isn't squishy at all, because you can say that his kiting ability is a defensive thing in this case, the same as a shadow priest would profit from his shield and his shadow form damage reduction, they all increase survivability, at least under certain circumstances.

But well, lets say the question is only about a vague feeling everybody gets in PvP, without getting too much into detail (BM Hunter PoV, random BGs):

1. DKs: at least frost, which are the most of them anyway, drops pretty fast.
    2. Rogues: evasion sucks, but other than that they feel rather squishy (of course not counting clos+vanish+sprint, which would make them unkillable, if they decide to abort the fight for good).
    3. Mages: hmm... their survivability seems to come more from their offensive than defensive tools. Eventually I get almost all of them to use block, unless they manage to toast me faster.
    4. Shamans: don't know for sure, I do not meet many of them, as 90% seem to go resto anyway.
    5. Warriors: I see only second wind as an issue here, which you need to burst through, so you need to have your burst prepared / off cooldown to do the job.
    6. Hunters: hmm... mirror match for me. Whoever gets the first few unexpected hits wins.
    7. Monks: they do not feel that squishy, apart from that, if not paying attention, they are good at getting away with their 200 yard, 500% movement speed flying kick or whatever that is.
    8. S-Priest: takes a while to drop them.
    9. Boomkin: they kill me faster than I do, so they feel non squishy to my hunter.
    10. Ret-Pala: they feel solid to me...
    11. Ferals: Bear form is powerful, cat is squishy.
    12. Warlocks: I didn't read through the new MoP things they got, but they just don't die, no matter what I unload on them. I guess they have some super shielding talent.
    13. Tanks: almost as non squishy as healers. Meeting 600k+ HP guys which regen health based on a % of maximum health ain't funny.
    14. Healers: they are just gods and do not know the word squishiness until they are beaten by 3+ players at the same time, and then they come to complain on the forums that 3 DPS classes did "global" their healer in 30 seconds only...

But yeah, I need to start doing duels to have an accurate opinion here, as in random BGs you don't know about the ilvl of your oponent, nor his skill level nor if he has all his CDs ready or not. I'm only confident that rank 13 and 14 are accurate, especially rank 14 is totally out of control regarding survivability.
    as a fellow BM hunter, i feel rogues are a lot squishier than DKs, and i usually smoke other hunters if they dont have deterrance i drop them in less than 10 seconds, so i would put rogues in 1 DKs in 4 hunter in 2 mage in 3 still shamans in 5 and warr in 6

Edit: warlocks are just impossible, i once unloaded my full burst with powershot (i saw logs it did hit) and didnt remove his bubble thingy, i was frustrated, needless to say took a chaos bolt to the face and released corpse :P
    Last edited by Wolfster; 2013-03-06 at 01:36 AM.

WW monk should be last on the list. Self healing, healing sphere drop area and transendence (lock port), more physical cc than you can shake a stick at. Quick getaway, good damage...Did I mention more cc than you can shake a stick at? Group damage mitigation against casters (Zen Med), pretty much free stealth breakers and 5.2 gets better. WW monk joint 12/13/14
    Website made avatars are too large for this forum. Time they upgraded back to the old days when it WASN'T a problem. Curse you've dragged this forum down!

Deleted
    While true but compared to other specs particularly warriors recently, they are pretty underwhelming. Ele has been horrifyingly bad since 4.0 to the point that I'm starting to think Blizz purposely makes them shit so we don't have wrath elemental back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever put Paladins at least squishiest, I pray they are talking about Holy.

I don't play anymore but when I did in the beginning of 5.1 Rets were far from non-squishy.
    Call me House.

I thought ret was for levelling then you pallies went holy?
    Website made avatars are too large for this forum. Time they upgraded back to the old days when it WASN'T a problem. Curse you've dragged this forum down!

The fact some people here actually did put warlock as the most durable class is pretty hilarious, or depressing

But hey, let's stay positive, 5.2 is up

In 5.2 I'd say warlocks are the tankiest class in the game. I'd go so far as to say that a demo lock is tankier than any two tank specs combined when it comes to pvp. And the other two specs compete with actual tank specs in survivability.

Squishiest is hands down shaman.

Also, arms warriors have been replaced by uh dks as being the second tankiest spec/class following locks as a whole.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-06 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In 5.2 I'd say warlocks are the tankiest class in the game. I'd go so far as to say that a demo lock is tankier than any two tank specs combined when it comes to pvp. And the other two specs compete with actual tank specs in survivability.

Squishiest is hands down shaman.

Also, arms warriors have been replaced by uh dks as being the second tankiest spec/class following locks as a whole.
    Are you high ?? Locks the tankiest ? Than Dk ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Enh Shamans might be squishy, but they only die quickly if they're played by a terrible player, or are outnumbered. I think my goblin has surprised a lot of people who thought I would just be an easy kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Ele shaman are by far the squishiest spec-class, have been since the start of Cataclysm. 8(

Class Squishyness:

1: Mage.
    2. Priest.
    3. Rogue.
    4. Monk.
    5. Druid.
    6. Lock.
    7. Shaman
    8. Hunter.
    9. Paladin.
    10. Warrior.
    11. Death Knight.

Class Survivability.

1. Shaman: Ele. Paladin - Ret
    2. Death Knight: Frost. Shaman - Enhance
    3. Druid: Balance. Rogue: Any.
    4. Druid. Feral. Monk: Windwalker.
    5. Hunter: Any. Mage: Fire.
    6. Death Knight: Unholy.
    7. Druid: Resto. Priest: Shadow.
    8. Mage: Frost. Priest: Disc.
    9. Warrior: Any. Shaman: Resto.
    10. Paladin: Holy. Monk: Mistweaver.
    11. Locks are made of Electromatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Well, Enhancement is definitely vulnerable to basically everything. Elementals however feel completely immortal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Well, Enhancement is definitely vulnerable to basically everything. Elementals however feel completely immortal to me.
    Elemental is nowhere near immortal at all. Have you played Elemental recently or anytime in Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    7. Lock - several defensive cds as well as health returning offenseive abilities
    You're an expansion or two behind the times now, friend. There aren't any of those anymore, not that heal for more than a trickle. Even the Soul Leech talent got turned into a temporary absorb shield this patch. Let me give you a leg up and lay out the Warlock healing options.

1. Dark Regen + Glyphed Healthstone macro: a very large 10s HoT on a 2m cooldown.
    2. Ember Tap (Destro only!): a spec-specific instant medium heal at the cost of their main damage resource.
    3. Drain Life: heals for about 8000 per second, less debuffs. Inconsequential.
    4. Glyph of Siphon Life: heals for less than Drain Life. Meaningless.

So if you're facing a Demo or Afflic, all you have to worry about is the purple swirly heal every 2m. Destro can hold out longer, but every Ember Tap is a Chaos Bolt they can't cast.

Here's the thing with Warlocks. They are very hard to kill when they're chaining their defensive cooldowns. When those cooldowns are gone, they're about as durable as tissue paper. The trick to killing a Warlock in PvP is to just keep the pressure up. If you chain your CC till those cooldowns are gone and don't die or let them shake you off, they will squash quickly.