1. #1
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852

    Maggie Q, Adam Lambert and Dwyane Wade RIFT China

    Why? are they big in china or something? i am ever so confused :P ( Wooo it's Nikita)






  2. #2
    High Overlord Cupcaek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    101
    NBA stars are pretty popular overseas so I can understand Dwyane. A lot of NBA players have various deals with China.

    Adam Lambert is.. idk. That makeup.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    NBA stars are pretty popular overseas so I can understand Dwyane. A lot of NBA players have various deals with China.

    Adam Lambert is.. idk. That makeup.
    Adam Lambert endorsing rift makes me want to quit playing :/

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:53 PM ----------

    Why does Crucia have tentacles in China?

  4. #4
    I don't know who any of those people are in the videos. XD

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know who any of those people are in the videos. XD
    HOW DARE YOU! Maggie Q is awesome! She plays Nikita In Nikita, it a remake of le fem Nikita ( i think) and she was in that terrible film priest.

    Nikita

  6. #6
    Wait, wait, wait. Did they add tentacles to Cruicia for the China promos?

    Am I imagining this?

  7. #7
    maggie Q was awesome in live free or die hard but no idea who the other 2 are.. like literally never heard those names ... also trion prolly grabbed the first "celebrities" they could to endorse their product ( i doubt any actual celebrities would endorse this game or any other)

  8. #8
    lol these advertisments are a bit funny :P
    but maybe chinese ppl like american things

  9. #9
    I saw these earlier and was laughing pretty hard.

    My understanding is they're doing it to give the game more "Western cred". They want to emphasize how cool and Western the game is, so they're hiring random Western celebrities to hock it in awkward commercials where they stare above the camera to read their lines.

    I can only imagine that this must be appealing to potential Chinese players, because I'm confused by them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    also trion prolly grabbed the first "celebrities" they could to endorse their product ( i doubt any actual celebrities would endorse this game or any other)
    Pretty sure it's being handled entirely by the Chinese publisher, not Trion.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Hal hanlin left the moment Adam lambert promoted Rift, Coincidence? i think not Sure he won american idol he is terrible so terrible his comments on twitter about les mis where so so wrong and annoying.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I saw these earlier and was laughing pretty hard.

    My understanding is they're doing it to give the game more "Western cred". They want to emphasize how cool and Western the game is, so they're hiring random Western celebrities to hock it in awkward commercials where they stare above the camera to read their lines.

    I can only imagine that this must be appealing to potential Chinese players, because I'm confused by them.



    Pretty sure it's being handled entirely by the Chinese publisher, not Trion.

    i said trion as in trion is the entity owning and running these games could be any other minor entity on their behalf

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...et%3B528%3B384
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Did they add tentacles to Cruicia for the China promos?

    Am I imagining this?
    reminds me of drawn together and Clara's octopuswa

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:47 AM ----------

    Maybe they got maggie q because they needed someone american who looks a bit chineese?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Hal hanlin left the moment Adam lambert promoted Rift, Coincidence? i think not Sure he won american idol he is terrible so terrible his comments on twitter about les mis where so so wrong and annoying.
    Adam Lambert did not win American Idol. He was a runner up. The reason for him losing was, supposedly because he was gay (at the time no real confirmation of the voting) so the votes were all screwed up. Adam Lambert has an actual voice and I believe he is one of the more talented contestants/runner-ups to come off of that show.

    Ozzy Osbourne promotes WoW. Verne Troyer does as well as William Shatner. Whats the difference? Oh wait, there isn't. It's a commercial.

  14. #14
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,218
    I will never understand Asian culture, but some part of me is glad that the world is diverse. These commercials make no sense to me, but I'm sure they make perfect sense to the target audience.
    BAD WOLF

  15. #15
    Well, looking at Adam Lambert and Maggie Q, It would appear they got people of Chinese (or just Asian) descent to do the advertisements. Not entirely sure about Dwayne Wade.

  16. #16
    As a Chinese,these three popularity ranking is Wade,Maggie Q and Adam to Chinese younger gamers. NBA and US drama are more and more popular in China(mainland)right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •