10+ Year Old Account

Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault worth getting?

i currently own the Relic of Chi-ji and the Normalmode Tsulong Trinket. (both upgraded)

dont know if this Trinket is worth getting or i should focus on other items first (like bracers, ring etc)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody on WoWhead has done the math on this trinket compared to exactly the trinkets you own.

According to my testing with RatingBuster, I derived that one spirit equals to 0,564375 mp5.
    According to other comments, this trinket gives 29805 mana on use, or 828mp5. Text below is updated to compare with this new number over the Wowhead's reported 17201 (or 477,8mp5)

Thus, we can compare Spirits of the Sun and Relic of Chi-Ji, previous top choices for regen. As the moment of writing this, 5.2 raid trinkets remain a mystery.

Spirits of the Sun provides an average of 967 spirit, or 545,8 mp5. Over the course of 3 minutes, it averages into 19647 mana. Less due to it not proccing instantly (altough, on-use trinkets may be left unnoticed, and, at the very least, unable to be procced midcast). Fully upgraded heroic Spirits gives an average of 1599,8 spirit, or 902,9mp5. Fully upgraded heroic spirits is better, which is no surprise since the ilvl is mere 5 off, and the other is heroic raid drop.

Relic of Chi-Ji provides average of 1210,8 spirit, or 683,3 mp5. Again, if we run it over the course of 3 minutes, it averages into 24600 mana, thus this new trinket is better than our Darkmoon card, unless you benefit more from short-term spirit procs (like pre-5.2 disc priest raptures, old mana tide..) over raw mana. However, if you have upgraded your Relic fully you can expect it to provide up to 1449,3 average spirit, or 818mp5. This Soothing Talisman will also hold 221 intellect more.

And since some raiders may prefer Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal over abovementioned, it gives flat out 1079 static spirit, or 609 mp5, going for 21922,6 mana over the course of 3 minutes. Qin-xi, fully upgraded provides 1312 spirit, or 740,5mp5.

(Added 9th of February

Now that we have some knowledge of 5.2 raid trinkets, we can now see that Blizzard is again deducting our possibilities to go for manaprocs - three trinkets, one of them proccing mana, one of them having static spirit and one pure throughput;

Horridon's Last Gasp will provide us 4780 mana every time it procs. However, ICD is unknown. Hopefully I will come and update this once we know the ICD. Throwing arbiturary number of 30 sec ICD (yes, it's odd number, I do not recall other trinkets having that number), it would provide 796,7 mp5. This is for the normal version.

Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn provides static 1467 spirit, or 827,9mp5, with an intersting absorb proccing mechanic as throughput proc.

Finally, we have Lightning-Imbued Chalice as a full throughput option for those who deem themselves having enough spirit, and/or fight rendering spirit useless for reason or another.

TL;DR: Better than anything pre-5.2, with exception of fully upgraded Spirits of the Sun Heroic.
    by Cianxo, http://www.wowhead.com/item=94509#comments.

Edit: tbh, I find that a bit lame as you spend a lot of money on the dmf cards to get a trinket that is supposed to hold out or at least be on par throughout the expansion, as it always has been.
    Last edited by Schadow; 2013-03-06 at 07:22 AM.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    would like to know the exact numbers for upgraded spirits of the sun nhc, but the dmc seems far better :x

Deleted
    Just for quick comparing:

VP-Trinket:
    1467 Int + 1467 Spirit [(29805/(180/5))/0.564384]

SotS ilvl 504:
    1241 Int + 1418 Spirit (assuming perfect procs)

Relic ilvl 484:

1246 Int + 1449 Spirit (assuming perfect procs)

So mainly you get ~220 more Int and a slightly better mana regen with the VP trinket.

Does it trigger a Gcd?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Does it trigger a Gcd?
    No, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Somebody on WoWhead has done the math on this trinket compared to exactly the trinkets you own.

by Cianxo, http://www.wowhead.com/item=94509#comments.

Edit: tbh, I find that a bit lame as you spend a lot of money on the dmf cards to get a trinket that is supposed to hold out or at least be on par throughout the expansion, as it always has been.
    They pushed away from that after wotlk. There was one of the Str classes using the DMF trinket all the way to ICC and perhaps thru it quite a bit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    They pushed away from that after wotlk. There was one of the Str classes using the DMF trinket all the way to ICC and perhaps thru it quite a bit.
    The Tsunami deck was still a very strong card throughout of Cataclysm.