Chainlightning Buffs and Earthquake in 5.2

So seeing as though there's a buff to chainlightning and lava beam in 5.2, where does this leave Earthquake? I still try and find a time and place to use this ability, but it seems as though there's not much point into doing so, and this makes me feel as though this spell is kinda useless. Sure it has some PvP uses and what not, but I'm just not seeing it being that great of a spell.

I'm just curious if people have any thoughts about it, or am I the only one who feels this way?

I just EQ when there's what, 8? or more targets. If it's from 1-6 I just stick with CL, though it's probably still a dps increase to throw down EQ before spamming CL on 8+ targets. Or something like that, I don't know the precise numbers.

Use EQ for the knockdown if the mobs tend to be obnoxious. Thats pretty much it.
    EQ Open - Totemic Projection(if you have it) Magma Totem - CL/Lava Beam
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with the aoe cap increased from 10 to 20, I'd say it will be a bit more viable on 10+ targets.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

they should just remove eq completely, and replace it with echo blast make it a basline skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beuwulf View Post
    they should just remove eq completely, and replace it with echo blast make it a basline skill.
    Or just remove the cast time or increase the duration.

Deleted
    They should change Earthquake back to the channeled hard hitting aoe spell it has been when they added it in 4.0.1, it was similar to a Mage's Blizzard.

i dont use earthquake what so ever. but i did find 1 use for it during the elemental trash. seems to stop them from dispersing as long as there tanked inside the earthquake but its still a dps lose no matter how i looked at it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Earthquake is pretty much useless, doesn't matter how you look at it.
    Removing the cast time and adding a activation time of couple of seconds (similar to capacitor totem) would make it much more useful, now it's completely outclassed by CL. :/

Deleted
    Instant cast would make it good for PvP as well without being OP considering its hefty mana cost in long term PvP and even makes the glyph somewhat useful.

Quote Originally Posted by beuwulf View Post
    Pretty sure we tried this back in Cata when most people weren't even speccing into it and spending that last point elsewhere to head into the other trees.

The spell always was and still is absolute garbage especially with the buff to chain lightning.