Deleted

Number of healers in Throne of Thunder (10man)

Anyone knows which bosses needs 2 or 3 healers in 10man ToT?

Sorry if this is duplicated topic, but i was unable to find any reliable source for this..

A general rule of thumb for new progression fights (at least when I'm approaching them), is to start with 3 heals and drop if you need to meet a certain dps requirement. Considering they've said they have tuned normals to be more mechanic checks and not dps checks, I'd say 3 healing should be doable for every fight on normal mode. Heroics obviously will require a change on some fights to meet tight enrages.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

Have to agree with blusnho's response. Even if you are are 16/16HC guild with two of the most badass healers, it adds a little extra security and frankly it helps you learn the encounters a little better as you can ideally live longer to work out the mechanics. And based from what I saw on the PTR, while the tuning isn't final, the requirements actually seemed harder on healers than on the dps, particularly early on with Megera and Ji'Kun. So plan on three, adjust accordingly if it seems fit, every guild is different. If Blizzard's philosophy rings true, than every single normal fight will be 3 healable and with some 522 gear, every single fight will eventually more than likely become two healable on normal as well. Heroic is a different matter entirely, however.

Deleted
    It really depends on your raiders and what sort of guild you are imo. My own guild has 4 core healers at any time, even though we 2 heal most Heroic encounters. It's not just about how many healers you need, but also about the classes. This Tier Disc Priests and Hpaladins have been really strong and going into 5.2 we actually have one of each healer class available.

But assuming you have decent gear from T13, and seeing that Normal modes will be more about executing mechanics rather than dps check, I'd go with 3 healers.

FYI - first boss in 5.2 has a hard dps check of 121k - Blizzard flat out lied about it not being DPS heavy. Every boss is like that. You're expected to have 502 coming and a full 522 about halfway through and then around 526 (basically half thunderforged) for the final boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    FYI - first boss in 5.2 has a hard dps check of 121k - Blizzard flat out lied about it not being DPS heavy. Every boss is like that. You're expected to have 502 coming and a full 522 about halfway through and then around 526 (basically half thunderforged) for the final boss.
    Do not neglect the dmg increase from void zones ...Watched some streams last night, and people were killing it before 3rd statue was destroyed, meaning the boss itself is rather undertuned on live.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Do not neglect the dmg increase from void zones ...Watched some streams last night, and people were killing it before 3rd statue was destroyed, meaning the boss itself is rather undertuned on live.
    Obviously if the boss is tuned for 496 ilvl, that means people with 510 ilvl will roflstomp it.

My guild killed it during the 2nd pool. Its actually too easy in my personal opinion, but meh its the first boss on normal, I guess its supposed to be easy.

If you think its too hard of a dps check, you might want to stop trying to raid ToT in under 490 ilvl...

Deleted
    Playing EU servers, I obviously can't really tell, if that much damage is required on live servers. I've been watching several streams but missed the first boss. That said, with the buff from the void zones and Heroic 5.1 gear, I don't really think damage will be on issue. The fights I have seen so far, people have wiped to mechanics and not enrage.

personally I think its easier to two heal something then go to 3 heals when you go wow that's a lot of damage.

Simply because for a lot of fights an extra dps can prevent more damage than a healer could heal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS check on Jin'rokh isn't that bad. Our gear is roughly ~502-504 iLvL and we 2 healed it, but we killed it right as the second puddle phase ended with some of our lower DPS in tonight. I imagine 3 healing that fight with half a tier or a full tier below what we had would suffice as well, it might be semi-tight, but it's perfectly achievable.

Remember that on Jin'rokh the majority of your DPS is buffed by 40% for a good 75% of the time during the fight. While 120k DPS with 3 healers might seem daunting, it really isn't when your overall dps is increase by 25-30% over the length of the encounter (accounting storm and such when you aren't buffed).

What the hell are you talking about? These guys that barely managed to kill Heroic Stone Guards and Feng ONCE killed Jin'rokh in 4 tries...

FYI - first boss in 5.2 has a hard dps check of 121k - Blizzard flat out lied about it not being DPS heavy.
    you get a large damage buff on you most of the fight.

You get a dps boost buff from the void zones, you need around 80k 'base' DPS from players which is obtainable in 490ilv gear.
    Dunno about the rest though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!