Will my computer play League of Legends?

So I should just let everyone know that I have a dinosaur of a computer which was never bought for gaming in the first place. I am talking about 2007. Considering the leaps and bounds technology has improved since then, I am thinking of picking up a new one some time in the near future, probably going to coincide with the release of the Elder Scrolls online once I get to know their system requirements.

However, till then very few games are capable on running on this computer. WoW is barely playable on the lowest settings.

However, recently I've gotten into League of Legends and have been playing it often at my friend's place. However, I was wondering if my computer could handle the game? I've noticed that the game depends on a high speed internet connection also.

Well these are my current hardware information:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130104-1437)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 530
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 1939MB used, 2396MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Also I would I will be playing the game from a 32GB USB. I was wondering if it would have any impact on the game?

Thanks.

You haven't said which graphics card is in it, but a 2GHz dual core CPU and 2gigs of RAM should do it decently enough.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    You haven't said which graphics card is in it, but a 2GHz dual core CPU and 2gigs of RAM should do it decently enough.
    Oh yes. Sorry about that. It is a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

That should work fine, just tweak the settings until you get decent fps.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

10+ Year Old Account
    i ran the game on a 2008 office computer with a intergrated chip should be no prob if u got a real graphics card lol
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    That should work fine, just tweak the settings until you get decent fps.
    I ran LoL on a old 2004 compaq desktop using a single core processor
    "AMD Althon 2.1ghz
    512mb ATI Readon 9550 family edition
    1gig ddr 333mhz or ram.

and I got around 25 fps maybe a bit more can't remember. so your comp should run it just fine.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 02:03 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I ran LoL on a old 2004 compaq using a single core processor
    "AMD Althon 2.1ghz
    512mb ATI Readon 9550 family edition
    1gig ddr 333mhz ram.

and I got around 25 fps maybe a bit more can't remember. so your comp should run it just fine.
    I must also add that I will be playing it from a 32 GB USB. Would that somehow lower the performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    I must also add that I will be playing it from a 32 GB USB. Would that somehow lower the performance?
    It mite due to the computer reading it from the USB and not the Hard drive but you should be fine.

Personally if you got a spare 10gig's free you should just install it to your hard drive.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Don't be that guy who in every game causes everyone else to tab out at the loading screen.

It can play, but barely. Personally, I would just save up money and get a gaming rig. That's what I did and my games play a lot better than previous.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    It could run but in game you would probably have a lot of disadvantages. Like 10 mins long loading screens or the screen turning into a slide show during team fights.

I'd say you'll be able to run it, however you'll probably spend quite a lot of time on the loading screen each game.
    Running the game from an USB is only gonna make it slower. Both in terms of loading, but also when in the actual game.
    It might still be playable with an acceptable FPS on low settings, though.

You can also go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Type in League of Legends, click Can You Run It, then select the auto-detect option from the dialog that pops up. It will ask you if you want to run their Java application, just click yes.

It will detect your hardware and compare it to LoL's minimum and recommended system requirements and tell you if you meet them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)