Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to enjoy pvp more.

Ive begun getting honor for my rogue and I am finding it hard to enjoy random bg's most of the time. You see, during a Real battle where people know what to do, its back and foreth, an epic struggle its fun. Its just that the vast majority of bg's are, well, over run by people with less smarts then a bug. You call inc, they keep zerging. You finally get three bases, they get greedy thinking they all the suddenly got leet and go to a fourth, while losing two other bases. The list can literally go on with examples of people who do stupid things. It is these things that I find are making it hard for me to enjoy random bg's. Due to the sheer number of people doing it.

What can I do to try and ignore this and just enjoy myself? Its hard to gear at all always losing. Its also never any fun because I can't really practice. Without a good team and healers, practicing is limited to, how can I live longer before I get pwned by the rest of their team. I just need some advice so I can enjoy the grind while tuning out the vast emptiness of most of their not caring what so ever.

You have to PVP with someone else for it to not be excruciating. Maybe try openraid or some other website or tool to find competent people to PVP with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reroll fotm every season

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Reroll fotm every season
    How would that help anything? It still doesn't help dealing with all the people being dumb.

I may try to pvp with others. There is a pvp team in my main guild. Maybe someone there would want to do random bg's.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 things: pick your battles, play with friends (preferably over Skype), be so good that you carry your team every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    3 things: pick your battles, play with friends (preferably over Skype), be so good that you carry your team every time.
    I wish I could be that good. Sadly, just started gearing so still need lots of practice / gear.

Join a PvP guild on your server, make friends and run in groups of 3-5 with well geared people.

Do objectives and carry the BG, join skype and have a laugh. Don't take it too seriously; 90% of people queueing BGs are either gonna be bots of people who don't care whether they win or lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant win them all. You are going to get grouped with scrubs. You are going to end up with a bunch of ret paladins while the other team gets holy paladins. You are going to end up with a bunch of people to cheap to get a crafted set while the other team has full conq. You are going to end up in AV as Horde, or every other BG as Alliance.

But tomorrow the difficulty of the game is going from Intermediate to Glad Express Train for rogues. So cheer up.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Turn off BG chat when in randoms.
    2) Have a funny TV or relaxing TV show in the background.
    3) Learn not to care about objectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I wish I could be that good. Sadly, just started gearing so still need lots of practice / gear.
    Yes, so get more practice! You can't expect to win every game, certainly not while you're new to PvP. Go in BGs with the expectation to learn, not to win. Whatever you do, don't expect your teammates to wow you, you're in a PuG after all.

If you take solo BG queues seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You have to PVP with someone else for it to not be excruciating. Maybe try openraid or some other website or tool to find competent people to PVP with.
    This. This game's pvp is all about teamwork over individual skill. If you don't have any friends on this game, you can only get so far and enjoy so much. It only takes 2-3 competent friends to help you dominate random bgs everytime.

Play with guildys. If you can't do damage, help with control. CC, locking down healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    For myself, when solo queueing for random battlegrounds and I see my team isn't too amazing, I just turn the game into: how many alliance can I take at once in a 1vX.
    While it's not easy to do such things on some classes, I really like the challenge of it and nothing feels better then winning a 1v3 against 3 warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    For myself, when solo queueing for random battlegrounds and I see my team isn't too amazing, I just turn the game into: how many alliance can I take at once in a 1vX.
    While it's not easy to do such things on some classes, I really like the challenge of it and nothing feels better then winning a 1v3 against 3 warriors
    This is a good way to go about solo queues. Also consider trying to get as many KBs as you can, or going for as many kills as you can without dying, or both at once! Maybe plant yourself at BS and defend it anyway you can, things like that.

Be the change you want to see in the battlegrounds.

Deleted
    This. This game's pvp is all about gear over individual skill.
    Fixed that for you sir. Now to the OP, You realy just have to hang in there until you have full PvP gear and then you will begin to enjoy it more. It is not too uncommon to get jibbed by back pedaling bads who have full Malev and T2 weps (lots of hunters like this right now and the odd caster) even though you have outplayed them. Hope you get your gear soon and start to enjoy your PvP more

Little mini-games like this keep BGs fun and interesting.

To the OP: Random BGs are just "anything goes" battlegrounds. Don't expect to win, don't expect anything from your teammates, and don't take it seriously.

It works out to be much more fun.

Since you're a rogue, best bet is to ninja one of the dun baldar bunkers on AV. Or group with someone instead of being solo. Just be glad you're not a healer, cuz when your team is filled with tards and you're healing you can't do anything at all to affect the outcome. Run the flag? Sure, but then you die 5 mins later cuz your team won't attack their fc with more than two people at once!

Completely agree. While I currently only play healers and a rogue (so 1vX isn't really an option), you basically have to accept when your team is retarded/undergeared/against a premade/etc. and find something to entertain yourself beyond winning. When you realize you're going to lose, just find out where most of your team has congregated and go fight on the roads with them. If you can find enjoyment in just killing people, losing the battleground won't be so depressing.

As a Healer I find something enjoyable in most BG's cos it feels like I'm making a difference more than on my DPS toons. BUT, if it's looking like a failed game I'll open up that achievements tab and see what I can work on