Deleted

Can Blizzard know at what time your characters were created?

And are characters that I have deleted permanently gone or can blizz look them up???

Depends on the deleted character's level (there was a scale a long time ago that said level 60 and above were never purged, don't know if that's still in play).

I deleted a level 60 shortly after TBC launched and successfully had it restored a few months ago.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Blizz can and will restore long deleted characters, just open a ticket in game.

Hi all, once a character is deleted, there's a limited time where we can still undelete them just as they were. Eventually, deleted characters are purged from the system and once they are, they are unable to be retrieved. Please let us know if you'd like our assistance in trying to recover a deleted character, we'll be happy to help!

Slightly different but related note,

Can anyone confirm that there is no way to pull in information on the creation date of your character in game or from the Armory? I've always been interested in knowing when some of my older characters were created. I know sites like warcraftrealms exist, but I have a hard time tracking down some of my characters through server moves and name changes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all, once a character is deleted, there's a limited time where we can still undelete them just as they were. Eventually, deleted characters are purged from the system and once they are, they are unable to be retrieved. Please let us know if you'd like our assistance in trying to recover a deleted character, we'll be happy to help!
    wait what blizzard posts here

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Only about customer service topics, not about story or game balance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Yeah, its a Christmas miracle!

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Only about customer service topics, not about story or game balance etc.
    They hardly post about that sort of thing on the official site, what makes you think they would do it here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    what makes you think they would do it here ?
    I just gave vertex705 additional information, as it was obviously news to him that Blizzard representatives post here at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    hm did not know that thanks for info

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Yeah, its a Christmas miracle!

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 08:31 PM ----------

They hardly post about that sort of thing on the official site, what makes you think they would do it here ?
    They post quite regularly if you are requesting information in the appropriate forum on the official site. Such as the Customer Support Forum on the US site.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I always had the idea they would look here.
    I've even thought they might go as far as posting on an account which doesn't have the blizzard tag to ask questions that "may" effect the game.

Since MMO-Champion has a wide user base it would be a good place to find out things that people, for whatever reason, don't post on the WoW website.