5.2 Starting Spec

I am only a iLevel 485 Arcane mage. A very casual raider. Was wondering what spec should I be for the start of 5.2? Mainly be doing the new dailies and 5.1 normal and LFR raids.

/\ im just like you... 485 arcane, casual raider... Freaking out, cuz I love arcane and I really hope slights buffs next week

Time to learn to enjoy frost! (Which is really much more fun than arcane anyways)

I am at 490, relatively casual guild, I switched back to my favorite spec FIRE. For the first time since the beginning of the expac. Love me some Alter Time/PoM/Pyro silliness.

Deleted
    Played fire for years, was frost and just a few days ago I switched to arcane. I have to say frost IS more fun than arcane and fire is my favourite spec I think but that's just my opinion.
    I'm at ilvl 500 and I'm not quite sure yet what I'll be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    /\ im just like you... 485 arcane, casual raider... Freaking out, cuz I love arcane and I really hope slights buffs next week
    TBH I wouldn't hold your breath for buffs.

*Never forget Fire in Firelands and post 5.1 hotfixes... >_>;*

I mean, they MIGHT have shaped up and realized they fucked up, but... idk...

If your guild is like really casual and you haven't cleared 16/16N yet, don't worry too much about it. If your guild wants to progress though, then start worrying and change speccs :\

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mountandpetlover View Post
    Played fire for years, was frost and just a few days ago I switched to arcane. I have to say frost IS more fun than arcane and fire is my favourite spec I think but that's just my opinion.
    I'm at ilvl 500 and I'm not quite sure yet what I'll be playing.
    If Fire's your favorite, AND you're geared at 500+, definitely Fire. It's the best specc to be at higher gear.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:41 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

If Fire's your favorite, AND you're geared at 500+, definitely Fire. It's the best specc to be at higher gear.
    Will of course check fire tomorrow before raid in the evening. Thx for your comment.

Thanks Dragon9870 for the advice about Fire Spec. I'm still pretty new to WoW, and I play Arcane. I've worked hard at it, managing to get to ilvl 495 and have successfully been a contributor in my Guild, being 16/16 and 4/6 H MSV.

I'm probably considered to be "casual" even though I'd like to become good enough to be raiding with the big kids, so I'm looking at Fire and will try to learn it as quickly as possible.

With all of the projected changes happening with 5.2 (they've already extended the down time for the patch by two hours!), it looks as if I won't have ANY choice but to change to Fire Spec and I'll need all the help that I can get.

I've tried to read the Development Forums (I've come to the conclusion that GhostCrawler is NOT a nice person, as he dismisses and/or bans ANYONE who has a well-thought idea or suggestions, and he is probably one of the most condescending jerks on the planet), and have been frustrated in the extreme, trying to get any real help from the moderators, who seem to enjoy putting people down, rather than to gracefully accept constructive criticism and to answer in a professional manner.

My hat is off to all of the people who have contributed to the many forums on the net, especially to mmo-champion.com, as their dedication and support of ALL of the people out there, new and old, has been extremely beneficial.

Really didn't need another thread about this.

I am going with frost until I get in mostly normal ToT gear. Then fire all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 498 ilevel and 32.21% crit self buffed (without CM), did Fire on the dummies and pulled 85k DPS up to 10mil damage. Feels comfortable, and the invocation change is a loooooooot less bitchy to deal with. Thumbs up (though I still hate the idea).
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Sitting at 498 ilevel and 32.21% crit self buffed (without CM), did Fire on the dummies and pulled 85k DPS up to 10mil damage. Feels comfortable, and the invocation change is a loooooooot less bitchy to deal with. Thumbs up (though I still hate the idea).
    I'm in about the same boat. I have missed playing fire enough that I think I'm going to stick with it unless we just get stuck on dps as we move through bosses. I think fire will help quite a bit on these +add fights as well.

I'm wondering if the few bosses with adds would benefit from 4 pc t14 glyphed or unglyphed just to have more combustions to spread around on the adds. I'm going to try it with just the 2 pc this week and see how it goes.

Deleted
    im at 492 ilvl, with lots of mastery/haste gear, should i start with frost? and then change to fire when i've gotten some crit gear, and have like 500+ ilvl or such?
    and what bomb is the most useful for frost and fire mages now? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitzu View Post
    im at 492 ilvl, with lots of mastery/haste gear, should i start with frost? and then change to fire when i've gotten some crit gear, and have like 500+ ilvl or such?
    and what bomb is the most useful for frost and fire mages now? :/
    This questions is asked 10 times a day, could you please read the others topic and/or use the search function ?

The answer is kinda logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 499 ilvl, i have both Amulet of Seven Curses HC and Worldwaker Cabochon HC...
    Is Destroyer's Battletags better than any of them to start raiding as fire in 5.2?

Deleted
    use askmrrobot..?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of people asking what is the best spec. The answer is: depends on your gear. As an example: I was a haste arcane mage. Now I'm a frost mage until I pick up more crit. Currently sitting at 29% unbuffed.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger