[Mage] Legendary Meta Gem

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=114#2278

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sinister
    0.761 Arcane
    0.302 Fire Mage
    1.387 Frost Mage

Thoughts?

For a legendary gem, it's looking pretty sad. I might just stick with Burning.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-05 at 05:27 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

mmm haste is bit over the top (wouldve been nice if it was mastery tbh since its usuallydamage increase for most classes)

for fire burning might be better.......but heck rppm is bit low for fire :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I dont see how fire's procrate is so much lower. Is it really because we use some dots that we will proc it far more often thus the base has to be allot lower? In that case I dont see how its half of for example affliction locks and like 1/6th of boomkins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I dont see how fire's procrate is so much lower. Is it really because we use some dots that we will proc it far more often thus the base has to be allot lower? In that case I dont see how its half of for example affliction locks and like 1/6th of boomkins.
    The "number of events that can trigger a proc" does not have any Impact on the procrate. You will have many event with a low proc chance vs. less events with a higher proc chance. That's why blizzard invented this new system called RPPM to not give specs with lots of dots etc. an advantage with higher uptimes as with the old PPM.
    And now they "manipulate" the new RPPM by introducing factors for each spec. Clever! No clue why.

Deleted
    They did it for limited item like Legendary meta since they are designed to be in BiS list.
    They use it to help them balance the class/spec between each other (with Blizzard criteria)

Any idea if it will be worth using as fire? Or will rolling ignite dots make it as viable for Fire as all other classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I going nuts? I was under the impression this "legendary meta" was going to be in addition to the current primals metas. Did I make that up in an ambien empowered dream or did I read that a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    Am I going nuts? I was under the impression this "legendary meta" was going to be in addition to the current primals metas. Did I make that up in an ambien empowered dream or did I read that a while back?
    I think a lot of us just assumed this would be the case. I know I did. I was pretty disappointed when I saw a blue post that said it was a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    At one point datamining found an item that people thought might be an extra meta socket for the legendary gem. It turned out to be wrong and the legendary does replace your primal meta.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp! That's pretty lame, but that being said there better be some hard evidence that the legendary meta doesn't parse as well for fire as the current primal. I have an extremely hard time believing it could come out worse.

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    Whelp! That's pretty lame, but that being said there better be some hard evidence that the legendary meta doesn't parse as well for fire as the current primal. I have an extremely hard time believing it could come out worse.
    Seeing that super-low coefficient tells me the DPS gain will be very small.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    the meta might be good next tier.

kinda like they told us to "hold on to your sha-touched weapons"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Seeing that super-low coefficient tells me the DPS gain will be very small.
    Being that's it's a PPM system, there has to be a reasoning for it. Now this is an assumption, but don't you suppose the design intent for this gem to be about equal in dps gains across most classes? As it is not yet a "legendary" that guilds work toward one person getting yet it should be, in my opinion, approximately equal in worth to everyone. This is based off just gaming experience and my personal feelings, not math. But doesn't that sound like what they would be shooting for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm missing something, but in a few posts before that, GC said:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
    - That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    Arcane: 0.282
    Fire: 1.155
    Frost: 0.589
    Demonology: 0.519
    Affliction: 0.610
    Destruction: 9.631
    Elemental: 3.489
    Moonkin: 6.192
    Shadow: 0.495
    Anyone Else: 1.000
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-iii/#post2169

I assume the quote in the OP is merely an update to the additional coefficient list, while the base RealPPM stays the same.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

yes, but I'm assuming with the changes that dot damage is taken into account now, hence the fire multiplier being so low. If it works out at 1.8 base procs per minute they've done a good job of the new balancing, I'll not hold my breath for that though :P
    Website made avatars are too large for this forum. Time they upgraded back to the old days when it WASN'T a problem. Curse you've dragged this forum down!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    -snip-
    That one is old. My OP shows the new ones.

He's talking about the 1.18 base RPPM that GC mentioned the first time around, though it looks like he just gave the total the second time. Rather confusing, if you ask me.