Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Yeah I really didnt expect to be oom in frost, frostbolt costs 12k mana for 1.52seconds to cast at my haste level.

Throw BL in this, and a little bit of bad RNG, and you got it. I don't know why the mana cost is so high, or at least yeah, make evo to restore 100% mana for frost (maybe fire, I don't know if they have this problem, I don't think so)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Yeah I really didnt expect to be oom in frost, frostbolt costs 12k mana for 1.52seconds to cast at my haste level.

Throw BL in this, and a little bit of bad RNG, and you got it. I don't know why the mana cost is so high, or at least yeah, make evo to restore 100% mana for frost (maybe fire, I don't know if they have this problem, I don't think so)
    Are you stacking pure haste gems or Int then haste. At 490 ilvl that seems like a bit much haste if you are following the stat weights that more than likely are best for your toon.

Pure haste gems would just be for haste arcane while as Frost Int is still by far your best gemming option. (Int/haste in yellow, INt/Hit in blue, ofc). I would think that changing this a bit would more than likely help your mana issue as you wouldn't be pumping out FB's as fast but they would be hitting much harder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post

It's not too bad. My guild was attempting Ji'Kun last night and I'm popping Time Warp in the beginning and blowing all my CD's by the time lust is off I had around 20% ish mana with about 10 seconds left. Give or take a little bit here and there depending on procs!

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    After a night of raiding here are my guilds logs:
    This is one of the only sets of logs I've seen with a mage consistently doing what I'd consider 'decent' dps compared to the rest of the raid. I did some comparisons on the armory shortly after this was posted. As far as Fire goes, at the time I had ~ 1% less crit than Bombtracks, but close to TWO THOUSAND less SP (I didn't have the luxury of entering ToT in a full, perfect set of 16/16H upgraded 5.1 gear)... For reference, my ilvl was 502 going into the patch which is not exactly terrible either, but I've been squarely on the bottom of 10man dps for every ToT boss.

What to take from this: I don't believe additional Crit is going to make the biggest difference for us as much as pure Int/SP to start making up for that 10% Pyro nerf. I'm sure some of the mathy people figured this out already. If true, it's still as we feared; most of us will simply have to be 'geared up' to perform up to speed as things are currently. Not good but if we can manage to keep our raid spots til then (heh) it's better than being terrible forever.

Or maybe it has more to do with skill difference/raid strategy differences & I'm only wishfully thinking this nightmare will be over with better gear. Please be right about that, Zomgdps >.< Great overall review, far more substance than the Blizz one.
    Last edited by Jessminda83; 2013-03-08 at 12:12 PM.

--------------------------
    Last edited by fusionz; 2013-03-08 at 04:08 PM.