Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    6 weeks is excessive. Everything about this game is a fucking gate now.

  2. #22
    Speaking as a 100% LFR-hero, i have to say that in my opinion Blizz got the timing right for the unlocking of LFR-segments, i was fearing for "Wait 2 weeks to unlock bosses 1-3, then 2 weeks for 4-6, then 2 weeks..." and so on, unlocking the first two parts 1 week apart at least gives us LFR-heroes something to do while we wait for the rest to unlock (Not as if every boss will drop the stuff we need first time we kill them anyway), it won't stop "Regular" raiders from farming LFR to pieces (and complaining all the way :P ), but it gives them a bit of a headstart, there's plenty of time to run LFR and curse the RNG-gods for the LFR-crowd anyway, and when the new tier hits it will all be a moot point :P

  3. #23
    Dreadlord Icaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    794
    One other thing thats good about the delay is that this means the old raids won't basiclaly die off (in LFR) right away, since people won't be able to access the new content for a week or two. With the increased drop chance, this means people have a chance to gear up to 480 before nobody runs T14 LFR anymore.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

  4. #24
    Because people like me whined all summer on the EU forums about LFR being forced upon raiders. Now the rewards are still quite good, but not good enough for us to run it like we did MSV LFR and we should be done with normal by the time it opens completely.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    They want to give normal/hc raiders time to learn the encounters so they can boost people in LFR.
    Hah, so true.

    But bit more serious, I think it's mostly because of normal raid players. I've hear that even now they either just killed Sha of Fear on Normal or they still haven't. Mostly to get the to feel the raid much more epic, before lfr grind.

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire S Blieft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoPoCo
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    6 weeks is excessive. Everything about this game is a fucking gate now.
    You never had to do attunements when they were current, did you?

    Karazhan, among others, would like to have a word with you...
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because people like me whined all summer on the EU forums about LFR being forced upon raiders. Now the rewards are still quite good, but not good enough for us to run it like we did MSV LFR and we should be done with normal by the time it opens completely.
    I get that but still 6 weeks doens't seem a little excessive? I'm all for you not being forced into doing BS content because the reward is to good but I think 6 weeks is a little excessive IMO.

  8. #28
    So real raiders can hopefully outgear LFR before it launches and not be forced into that borefest.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You never had to do attunements when they were current, did you?

    Karazhan would like to have a word with you...
    (BWL too)
    I did. It was great. I don't understand what that has to do with this gating lfr though. This isn't BC and we really ought to cut the nostalgia trips.

  10. #30
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    284
    If all LFR were unlocked from day 1, there would be no point in being in a casual raid guild. IMO its fair that those who commits to being in some sort of raid guild gets some advanges.
    in addition to that, it gives some ppl a chance to gear up to 480 with players who have better gear than them, resulting in a minor boost.

    and... as someone mentioned, that WHEN someone have completed the whole raid, gotten gear etc, they just gonna complaine that there are not enought content. for those who are in a raidguild there are still Hardmodes of the bosses, that they gonna have to take down, so I think, that in the end everyone finished the tier around same time

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    If the gear is better than what that person has, that person going to run LFR anyways to hopefully obtain one or two pieces of gear and get to see how the fight mechanics works. Even if it's on 'easy mode'.
    Then you cant complain that your normal mode experience is "ruined." LFR is not part of the raid progression path, you dont have to do it. You can run T14 raids for gear if you still need it, heroic gear is better than LFR anyway.

    If for some reason you are hardcore and you dont have ilvl502+ in every slot and your guild forces you to run lfr you can always afk most of it. Apparently people do this all the time.

  12. #32
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    I think it's the best call of the expansion. Gating tier along with weapons is a solution lots of people have been crying out for, makes the idea of doing LFR on alts and shit far more manageable because progression will be over by the time all the bosses are up.
    I agree that it's a good call. There will be plenty to do and let's face it, two weeks between releasing wings doesn't exactly give you all the time in the world to get a lot of gear from the raid. I quite agree that people finishing the last boss in LFR ahead of normal/heroics is something of a travesty.

    I'd advise people to relax, enjoy the ride, etc. There's no reason to rush to the end and you'll enjoy it more when you get there.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I agree that it's a good call. There will be plenty to do and let's face it, two weeks between releasing wings doesn't exactly give you all the time in the world to get a lot of gear from the raid. I quite agree that people finishing the last boss in LFR ahead of normal/heroics is something of a travesty.

    I'd advise people to relax, enjoy the ride, etc. There's no reason to rush to the end and you'll enjoy it more when you get there.
    Wait why is it a travesty? I don't get it? Considering the vast majority of people raiding is lfr why are we skewing things in favor of the minority? That really makes no sense to me. I expect that the easier raid would be done first, that just strikes me as obvious and really efficient. Other than a massive FORCED gate on the player base so they don't "run" out of things to do I see no reason it should be 6 weeks. I don't particularly get why normals should feel special they got it before lfr people. That strikes me as silly and completely unfounded.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-05 at 08:23 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    in addition to that, it gives some ppl a chance to gear up to 480 with players who have better gear than them, resulting in a minor boost.
    I leveled my newest 90 2 months ago and she has 480 only running LFR and 1 valor item. People have had plenty of time to gear up.

  15. #35
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Wait why is it a travesty? I don't get it? Considering the vast majority of people raiding is lfr why are we skewing things in favor of the minority? That really makes no sense to me. I expect that the easier raid would be done first, that just strikes me as obvious and really efficient. Other than a massive FORCED gate on the player base so they don't "run" out of things to do I see no reason it should be 6 weeks. I don't particularly get why normals should feel special they got it before lfr people. That strikes me as silly and completely unfounded.
    The raid isn't going anywhere. People talk of how much content there is to do casually but there's this big uproar when they stretch the length of LFR. It's certainly an issue and I think LFR is a big contributing factor to the issues normal mode (8k-10k bracket in particular) guilds having too small a niche. People see the content by week two, all the air is sucked out of the 'what's next' factor that raids and indeed all entertainment should be driven on.

    Now I was a massive hater of all the gates in MoP, I would have been raiding on day 2 if given the ability. But that was because they prolonged the tier itself by 2.5 months or somewhere near. This helps normal mode players, top guilds and all at the cost of what is really, not an unfair prospect for the content that so many appear to feel entitled to now.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You never had to do attunements when they were current, did you?

    Karazhan, among others, would like to have a word with you...
    Attunements are different though. You had quests or rep to gain in order to continue and it kind of depended on your effort to get in faster. With gating you dont have anything to do, you just wait.

  17. #37
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,485
    Another issue to prove that no matter what they try, no matter who they listen to, no matter how reasonably the explanation, it just cannot please everyone.

    I understand there were a lot of topics that said "It felt mandatory to run LFR to gear up faster" and "LFR allows you to see bosses quicker than most see it on normal - and that spoils the fun". And this is the reaction.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Wait why is it a travesty? I don't get it? Considering the vast majority of people raiding is lfr why are we skewing things in favor of the minority? That really makes no sense to me. I expect that the easier raid would be done first, that just strikes me as obvious and really efficient.
    Doing the LFR first was awful in DS. You just had to queue and AFK to kill the "last boss of the expansion". Luckily I killed Will of the emperor before and Sha on normal before killing them on LFR. Doing the same bosses on easy mode before normal and heroic is just tedious and kills all sense of accomplishment.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    The raid isn't going anywhere. People talk of how much content there is to do casually but there's this big uproar when they stretch the length of LFR. It's certainly an issue and I think LFR is a big contributing factor to the issues normal mode (8k-10k bracket in particular) guilds having too small a niche. People see the content by week two, all the air is sucked out of the 'what's next' factor that raids and indeed all entertainment should be driven on.

    Now I was a massive hater of all the gates in MoP, I would have been raiding on day 2 if given the ability. But that was because they prolonged the tier itself by 2.5 months or somewhere near. This helps normal mode players, top guilds and all at the cost of what is really, not an unfair prospect for the content that so many appear to feel entitled to now.
    But they don't see it all by week two. They won't see it all till week 6. I'm all for SOME gates on this because I don't want normal raiders to feel forced into it. I get that. I think 6 weeks is a bit excessive though. Why not 5 or 4? Giving them a month long head start should be good.

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,897
    Watching the video before i fight a boss kills all sense of accomplishment to me. I hate watching other people play. I'd rather do it in lfr, then normal, then someday try heroic if i'm lucky. I hate the gating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •