Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    It's like 25 v 10 man all over again. People who do LFR expect to get everything raiders get because they pay the same and raiders expect to get everything first because they commit to end game content.
    WAit I don't expect to get everything. I'm doing LFR implicitly because it's not normal raiding. I don't expect to get the same thing by any means. I don't expect to have to WAIT for what I'm going to get though. that's the key. Imagine if if it was reversed. Normal raiders had to wait behind lfr. Considering where the proverbial bread is buttered I'm not sure why lfr people are waiting and should put up with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Right. It's better to be bored now than later. Gotcha. I don't agree but that's the asanine logic we have to work with these days. I'd rather be bored later to be honest.
    It's not like normal is gated, and there's so much to do elsewhere, no one should be bored. However, we all will have to put up and deal with the asinine attitudes, of never-happy individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    If normal progression takes you a month and a half then you should probably just turn to lfr. Well over a month to get the last boss unlocked for LFR seems a bit to much. I never understand why raiders care so much about what happens with lfr. I raided for almost 7 years and i couldn't care less about what happens in LFR. Raiders QQ that they are forced to do LFR. If you are a real raider you wouldn't care that you have to put in that little bit of extra effort. If a LFR drop is an upgrade you WILL run it for that edge. Then again real raiders should be full heroic gear by now.

Could swear its just Normal Modes heroes that bring all the crying about been "FORCED by gun point" to do anything that takes a little bit of effort.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    As others probably mentioned by now you will need 480 ilvl to get in anyway, and if you do lfr odds are against you normally do regular raids (or at least care about this delay then). So just wait through this one week, and be happy more people will be (hopefully) ready to do lfr without too many wipes.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    I find it a bit funny that the casual (majority) LFR player is arguing with a normal or hc raider (minority). I do understand and agree with the fact that everyone is paying the same amount/month to play the same game and they should see the entire end game but...U do realize that if it was not for normal/hc raiders to carry casual LFR`s through the first weeks of LFR they wouldn`t see the bosses at all (or as soon as u want to see them now). I do know that there are good lfr only players, but to be fair..for each one that is good, there are alot that are unskilled or cba and just afk.

I`d like to see a 25 man filled with just LFR lvl players clear the upcoming lfr bosses faster than normal raiders clearing it on normal. I think they would end up finishing on par if not a bit later than normal raiders.

Thus, in my opinion (and how i see things after alot of LFR`s), if normal raiders are counted upon to help LFR experience the bosses and rofl trough the whole thing they are entitled to some sort of compensation for their hard work. Giving normal/hc raiders a bit of a heads start actualy makes LFR smoother tbh.

Casual players wanted to see the endgame bosses, Blizzard gave them the option to do so with LFR, and a hell lot easier than the players that are struggling even now on normals. Now u want to get the one of the few prestiges left to ppl that work harder, which is seeing the content faster. And not even that will happen for a lot of the ppl in normal guilds, which I doubt will clear normals sooner than ppl clear LFR.

The bottom line is I guess, ppl that work harder for something should be ahead of ppl who don`t. Be it via better gear, experiencing the content sooner, achievements, titles..u name it. I do apologise if my opinion offended anyone, it was not my intent for it to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    I think it's the best call of the expansion. Gating tier along with weapons is a solution lots of people have been crying out for, makes the idea of doing LFR on alts and shit far more manageable because progression will be over by the time all the bosses are up.
    Absolutely agree. It means LFR doesn't trivialise content, but at the same time still allows for some impromptu raiding when required.

I actually like that LFR isn't open for a week, as it gives me a chance to see the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcry View Post
    I find it a bit funny that the casual (majority) LFR player is arguing with a normal or hc raider (minority). I do understand and agree with the fact that everyone is paying the same amount/month to play the same game and they should see the entire end game but...U do realize that if it was not for normal/hc raiders to carry casual LFR`s through the first weeks of LFR they wouldn`t see the bosses at all (or as soon as u want to see them now). I do know that there are good lfr only players, but to be fair..for each one that is good, there are alot that are unskilled or cba and just afk.

I`d like to see a 25 man filled with just LFR lvl players clear the upcoming lfr bosses faster than normal raiders clearing it on normal. I think they would end up finishing on par if not a bit later than normal raiders.

Thus, in my opinion (and how i see things after alot of LFR`s), if normal raiders are counted upon to help LFR experience the bosses and rofl trough the whole thing they are entitled to some sort of compensation for their hard work. Giving normal/hc raiders a bit of a heads start actualy makes LFR smoother tbh.

Casual players wanted to see the endgame bosses, Blizzard gave them the option to do so with LFR, and a hell lot easier than the players that are struggling even now on normals. Now u want to get the one of the few prestiges left to ppl that work harder, which is seeing the content faster. And not even that will happen for a lot of the ppl in normal guilds, which I doubt will clear normals sooner than ppl clear LFR.

The bottom line is I guess, ppl that work harder for something should be ahead of ppl who don`t. Be it via better gear, experiencing the content sooner, achievements, titles..u name it. I do apologise if my opinion offended anyone, it was not my intent for it to do so.
    What a load of nonsense I am sure that many LFR players would prefer to play without the help from the organised raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulcry View Post
    But with that the people that work harder shouldn't care what happens in LFR. Its irrelevant to Normal and Heroic guilds unless you were awfully slow last teir at which point you might as well just drop back to LFR.
    Aye mate

While beating something in LFR does reduce the excitement of doing it again in normal mode, I do feel that LFR-only players are missing out somewhat.

You really don't get a feel for the fights in LFR. The fairly harsh enrage timers on Tsulong, Protectors-Hard and Garalon are not an issue in LFR. Nor do you really get any feel for how tight the add platforms on Sha of Fear are, or pretty much any other mechanic. Sure, there's a few you can ignore even in normal mode, but by and large LFR doesn't get to experience anything other than 14 Patchwerks in various shapes and sizes.

You should be happy with what you get. If I had it my way LFR would only be for previous tiers.

Deleted
    WAit I don't expect to get everything. I'm doing LFR implicitly because it's not normal raiding. I don't expect to get the same thing by any means. I don't expect to have to WAIT for what I'm going to get though. that's the key. Imagine if if it was reversed. Normal raiders had to wait behind lfr. Considering where the proverbial bread is buttered I'm not sure why lfr people are waiting and should put up with it.
    But why do you need to see this content in a faster time than six weeks? As someone who exclusively does LFR these days I can see and understand normal/HC raider's point of view in wanting at least some time to digest those modes before feeling obligated at running LFR. What I can't see is why LFR shouldn't have this incremental release schedule other than "eh, it's a gate" or "six weeks is too long" or my personal favorite " we are the majority". Like I say, I see very good reasons in staggering the LFR wings this way to allow us "casuals" to have something to do but allow the normal?HC guys sufficient time to clear their own modes, but no good reason why it's bad. LFR final boss kills demaning the tier is a very real concern for Blizz, or have you forgotten all those players who unsubbed because they killed Deathwing in LFR and felt they had "completed Cataclysm".

Deleted
    Ok think of it like this. If you do not want to wait for lfr to see the content / get the gear..... You can always go normal. Granted you might not want to lead the raid but if you are the common LFR raider who afks in lfr and hopes for loot you wont get far... If how ever you are the type of lfr raider who IS good enough to raid just does not have the time investment to do so then give raiding a chance. you can always look for a raid or you could just wait for LFR.

Just because LFR is gated it does not ban you from raiding.

Deleted
    Lei Shen is a real monster, and we want his encounter to feel climactic. Most normal mode raiders won't see him for a while, and that climactic feel is diminished when players have already been farming him for weeks in the Raid Finder before they ever get to see him on normal mode with their guild mates.

One of the few times i cant agree more with blizzard. LFR delay is fine .

Bosses especially the last ones must feel epic , as normal/hc raider i dont want to feel obliged of farming bosses on LFR for some extra loot boost and when doing them at Nomal mode feel like "meh i facerolled that guy on LFR" .

And you cant say "if you dont want to faceroll them ,dont do LFR". Since LFR offers the chance to boost my gear/tier for Normal modes any progress raider see that content as mandatory so facerolling the content too early removes satisfaction from Normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Ok think of it like this. If you do not want to wait for lfr to see the content / get the gear..... You can always go normal. Granted you might not want to lead the raid but if you are the common LFR raider who afks in lfr and hopes for loot you wont get far... If how ever you are the type of lfr raider who IS good enough to raid just does not have the time investment to do so then give raiding a chance. you can always look for a raid or you could just wait for LFR.

Just because LFR is gated it does not ban you from raiding.
    Actually no I can't. I dn't have a raiding guild and I work odd hours. Are you trying to say gating lfr is to incentivize people to run normals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It doesn't have to exactly reflect what normal modes are like. They can have the full LFR be released after 3 weeks and it'll still feel really cool.
    Or... if you are truly hell bent on seeing the bosses sooner then raid with the folks going in on Normal mode...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    But why do you need to see this content in a faster time than six weeks? As someone who exclusively does LFR these days I can see and understand normal/HC raider's point of view in wanting at least some time to digest those modes before feeling obligated at running LFR. What I can't see is why LFR shouldn't have this incremental release schedule other than "eh, it's a gate" or "six weeks is too long" or my personal favorite " we are the majority". Like I say, I see very good reasons in staggering the LFR wings this way to allow us "casuals" to have something to do but allow the normal?HC guys sufficient time to clear their own modes, but no good reason why it's bad. LFR final boss kills demaning the tier is a very real concern for Blizz, or have you forgotten all those players who unsubbed because they killed Deathwing in LFR and felt they had "completed Cataclysm".
    I mean I could just as easily ask why do you need to see the content right away? Why can't you wait for the majority of us running lfr to get it done first? I don't see what the normal guys have to do with what I do in lfr. They unsubbed in cataclysm because they killed deathwing in lfr and it took 8 months for them to get their shit together with another patch. The solution is not to gate the content. The solution is to not take 8 months.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-05 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Do you honestly believe that players would have stuck around longer to tickle Deathwing's toes if bosses had been gated? People quit because the content was boring making last longer would not have made any more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    Absolutely agree. It means LFR doesn't trivialise content, but at the same time still allows for some impromptu raiding when required.

I actually like that LFR isn't open for a week, as it gives me a chance to see the other stuff.
    I don't get how LFR trivializes anything. That makes no sense. God that argument gives me a headache. Does normal trivialize heroic? LIke how ass backwards is that?

I like this LFR gating. The first time I kill Lei Shen should be on Normal, not LFR.

Deleted
    It's to reduce burnout. And so people don't complain there's nothing knew to do after 1 day.