Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Again I'm totally fine with not having the whole LFR available at day one. I'm really in favour of this, since it really does feel better to clear the raid portion by portion over a bigger period of time. I just feel that 6 weeks is too much. That means, that if I come back to the game this week, I will not be able to experience the full content of the patch until after my subscription has run out and that feels crappy.
    That's a bad reason. Last 2 expansions we mostly heared them say "Why do you care about other people enjoying content in their own way instead of enjoying it yourself in your own way? Stick to your own thing and enjoy it in your own pace" and now they go 180 degree turn and start defend normal mode players to make them feel secure about their progress. Why the sudden change?

This pretty much sums up my grip agianst Blizz atm, they are indecisive and spineless when it comes to picking one direction and sticking to it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    They don't want ppl to finish content on day one...
    Once agian stupid reason. Let me put it this way. I can gulp my luxurious meal without appreciating its taste because ITS MY MEAL WHICH I PAID FOR. Mr chef. I dont care if you put heart and soul into your cuisine I payed for it, you made it. If you dont like it then stay in your kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so, let me get this streight, the people that are crying about this, basicly want to Kill Lei Shen, the tyrant and monster of Pandaria before people who have been putting MORE EFFORT and preparation for weeks upun weeks? You basicly want to log in beat him and be done with it, while people who will be struggleing for weeks to see him well after you killed him? I ask you, please use just a bit of brain here, does that sound fair to you? Me putting a lot looooooooot more effort into a normal raiding team 25man no less (Specially Raid and guild leaders),we should Kill this monster well after you've already experienced it on easy mode? Use reason here, does that sound fair? The person that put in more effort should experience or atleast see this guy before the person who just pressed a button to queu'd up?

Its like saying ill be queuing up to kill Sargeras the Root of all evil in this game, get loot /dance, meanwhile people who have been prepareing for days and progressing for weeks on his Raid to not even see him? Doesn't that sound a little bit stupid?

Intrested in the responses you'd offer.

LFR is a tool for people who have very little time to raid and really just want to get a quick chance to see what a raid is like. If you're ready to hit LFR the day 5.2 drops, and you're ready to invest the time to clear past the gates, you have time to go do normal. Maybe you don't want to, maybe you don't feel like putting in the effort and dealing with wipes, but that's not adequate justification. If you truly belong in LFR as anything more than a supplement to your gear progression, you shouldn't even feel gated; keeping up with the gate is all the time you should have available to commit to raiding. Because, again, say it all together now, LFR is not for people who have the time to attempt clearing an entire new raid the week it's released.

Giving players the cheat code for the game too early is not healthy for a social game.
    We're going to have this as the current raid tier for 5 or 6 months. Getting access to the final boss on easy mode 6 weeks in is a fair compromise to keep burnout from setting in early.

I'm not surprised at the reaction from some people, though. If you're cheap enough to be in the category of people who turn their sub on and off at a whim, Blizzard will never make you happy unless they deliver a new raid tier every month. Bending to that audience by making everything so fast and easy to complete does more harm than good to the game.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Normal mode is gated through its difficulty. LFR is artificially gated to make up for the absence of challenge. Seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Once agian stupid reason. Let me put it this way. I can gulp my luxurious meal without appreciating its taste because ITS MY MEAL WHICH I PAID FOR. Mr chef. I dont care if you put heart and soul into your cuisine I payed for it, you made it. If you dont like it then stay in your kitchen.
    Except here people would get bored and unsub, and blizzard doesn't want that. fresh content every few weeks for two months! heeey!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, basically, the OP just wants to be able to sub for a month, do all the content, then unsub until next time? That's what I'm getting from this.

Amusing to see the LFR "debating" throughout the thread though...
    And what is wrong with that. No seriously... What is wrong with that. How would it hurt you? How would it make you insecure? How would it ruin your gaming experience? How would it ruin your day? How would it make your progress less valid? How would it discourege you from continuing to raid? I tell you... It wouldnt make even the smallest difference.

So how does it affect blizzard? someone subs for a month > does the content > unsubs. So what? Same player unsubs now > wait for entire content to get unlocked > resub > do it > unsub. Where is your god now? What did it prevented? NOTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because people do LFR "maybe even only LFR" dose not make them bad.

When will the people who keep saying this crap get that in there head.

those who do LFR want to see the content just as much as those who push normal/heroic raiding. therefor the content should not be gated and the only reason it is gated is so blizzard can keep the sub count up as long as they can.

"A mod really dose need to step in and ether hand out bans for comments like yours or just close this thread"

Those who play wow wounder why it gets looked down on so much. It is not because of the people who do LFR only it is because of wanna be elitist assholes who treat everyone outside of there guild like shit and think they are special.

Once more its a video game so take your elitist crap somewhere else.
    If you want them to give you all of LFR on the first week the patch is released, then they should make it equal to the difficulty of normal mode raids, therefore you could progress as far as your LFR group could take you.

The answer is no. They will not do that, therefore they gate the content on par with how fast a normal mode raid guild would clear it. You are not special, and therefore you dont get to have any special rewards for facerolling an idiot proof boss in LFR.

This was the exact whining i was talking about. And quite frankly, your entitled attitude should gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If you want them to give you all of LFR on the first week the patch is released, then they should make it equal to the difficulty of normal mode raids, therefore you could progress as far as your LFR group could take you.

The answer is no. They will not do that, therefore they gate the content on par with how fast a normal mode raid guild would clear it. You are not special, and therefore you dont get to have any special rewards for facerolling an idiot proof boss in LFR.

This was the exact whining i was talking about. And quite frankly, your entitled attitude should gtfo.
    Ok and normal mode is face roll for heroic raiders therefor that should be grated to with you logic.

O wait this is jaylock I am talking to so replying to anything you say is really pointless.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 04:15 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

so that raid finder drops to not influence initial competition over progression through normal mode bosses.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted

Well then. What about those guilds that clear normal mode raid on 1st week? What then? What about those normal mode guilds that didnt cleared the content on same speed those high end guilds did? What now? Would you block better guilds from progressing just for the sake of those lesser guilds just to make those lesser guilds feel good about their progress? Well?

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You never had to do attunements when they were current, did you?

Karazhan, among others, would like to have a word with you...
    I have too, not sure why that even matters. Sounds like you just want to say hey look at me I'm an old school player.

Bottom line is they know most of their players use LFR and they just want to bank another $15 from an extra months subscription because they are clawing at anything at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then. What about those guilds that clear normal mode raid on 1st week? What then? What about those normal mode guilds that didnt cleared the content on same speed those high end guilds did? What now? Would you block better guilds from progressing just for the sake of those lesser guilds just to make those lesser guilds feel good about their progress? Well?
    You and our friend JTbrig7390 are comparing apples to oranges. The two groups are not even remotely in the same boat. On the one hand you have the elite, of the elite of raiders. On the other hand you have the normal rabble that progresses at their own pace through normal mode. The second group is what I am talking about.

Just because one group of players are able to do things you cant, (or are too lazy to do / accomplish) doesnt mean they should be held back from going further if they so choose.

If blizz gives in to you whiners, I will not pay another red cent to support this game and you people.

it is seriously just LFR why is there so much drama?
    i don't raid but i just assumed if i wanted to see the content fast i'd be in a raiding guild

is it ever about seeing the content?
    or is it about bein a LFR hero just to get some purty poiples

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    it is seriously just LFR why is there so much drama?
    i don't raid but i just assumed if i wanted to see the content fast i'd be in a raiding guild

is it ever about seeing the content?
    or is it about bein a LFR hero just to get some purty poiples
    This is pretty much why these LFR kids whine. They want purples and since they cant get purples as fast, they whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit it with the "casual vs. hardcore" and "LFR vs. normal vs. HM" arguments. If you think one makes you better than another, fine, but insults and flaming aren't allowed on the site.

I'd like to keep this thread open since we've closed other threads and redirected them here but if the discussion can't be constructive, the thread will be closed and infractions handed out.

Deleted
    cause blizzard is a business, and that is a good way to keep people subscribed for more than a month....isn't it obvious?

You and our friend JTbrig7390 are comparing apples to oranges. The two groups are not even remotely in the same boat. On the one hand you have the elite, of the elite of raiders. On the other hand you have the normal rabble that progresses at their own pace through normal mode. The second group is what I am talking about.

Just because one group of players are able to do things you cant, (or are too lazy to do / accomplish) doesnt mean they should be held back from going further if they so choose.

If blizz gives in to you whiners, I will not pay another red cent to support this game and you people.
    And those who do LFR have to progresse as well with each wing that gets released.

The problem is there is nothing being released for us on the day of the patch give us a wing there is going to be 4.

We have to deal with afkers and fail ass heals/tanks/dps LFR has its own set of problems and if somethings are not done right you will wipe. Yes LFR is easy this I agree about but what "Normal/Heroic" raider's do not get is that LFR raiders have to deal with the bottom of the barrel groups that want to troll and be total assholes. Yes we will clear it faster then normal/heroic raiders but then again heroic raiders will clear normal mode faster then normal raiders.

To not give US anything on the patch day is what is bullshit. Give us a wing that is all I'm asking.

People like you who bash the other 95% of the WOW pop is the problem with wow and why blizzard is doing everything it can to keep sub counts up. People have grown tired of the bullshit blizzard dose and tired of the asshole player's who only think of themselfs.

If a player wants to sub for 1 month and finish all LFR content that is there choice and dose not effect you in anyway.

Once LFR is fully open Normal raiders and some heroic raiders will be doing it for upgrade's they don't have therefor will feel like they need to do LFR anway.

There is also daily's that is forced on all 3 groups of raiders and now you get rep for doing LFD/LFR therefor that is going to force Normal/Heroic Raiders to do LFR.

When the LFR content is released for Normal/Heroic raiders dose not change any of this it only piss's off those who are doing LFR.

But by all means show me how your 15$ a month matters more then mine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted

Still doesnt anwser my question though. Why is it okay for LFR raiders to be locked out of content but not high elite raiders?

Still doesnt anwser my question though. Why is it okay for LFR raiders to be locked out of content but not high elite raiders?
    Because he is one of those elite raiders or so he thinks he is anyway.