Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    So if i see another raid fighting it and as long as I go tap it I get loot from it? Or do I have to be in the raid to get it? Like I could just sit out there and wait for some dudes to come by? I guess fuck with the alliance if they try and come?
    Hm, I am not really sure about this system. I heard if you tap him and go away doing your business you won't get loot. Will see how will this work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Ok, so what if he is hard? You will have something extra to do while you wait for LFR. I was under impression that LFR was for people who can't commit to raiding schedule. World bosses don't require any commitment. You log in, if he is like Sha, wait for spawn and take a shot for it. Better then be angry on forums.
    I don't exactly consider wiping over and over again with a random group of dudes to be entertaining. It wasn't entertaining in lfr either. I'm all for SOME challenge but that can be a pretty big waste of god damn time if it takes to much coordination. Pugs aren't really well suited for that. I'll give it a shot though for sure. Your absolutely right that it beats being pissed off on a forum. That I can agree with 100%. I still don't like the raids being gated this badly or not having a boss in throne to do this week but I'm slightly SLIGHTLY mollified by this. Thank you sir!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I don't exactly consider wiping over and over again with a random group of dudes to be entertaining. It wasn't entertaining in lfr either. I'm all for SOME challenge but that can be a pretty big waste of god damn time if it takes to much coordination. Pugs aren't really well suited for that. I'll give it a shot though for sure. Your absolutely right that it beats being pissed off on a forum. That I can agree with 100%. I still don't like the raids being gated this badly or not having a boss in throne to do this week but I'm slightly SLIGHTLY mollified by this. Thank you sir!
    Wiping is never entertaining, especially in PuG's But since this is a new boss, I suspect many high end guild will give a shot for him too. Tag along with them, should get better chance I think.
    Glad I could help

The reason you have to wait so long for LFR can be summed up by Dr. Zoidberg:

"You're bad, and you should feel bad!"

Kidding aside, just resub a few weeks from now instead of next week. Is that so hard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I understand that not all of LFR should be available from day one, and I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather see it more like

5.3. normal raid
    12.3. LFR part 1 + 2
    19.3 LFR part 3+4

That's still two weeks to wait for the whole LFR to be playable. Even releasing one part every week would be better than having to wait 2 weeks for each part 3 and 4. Over a month seems extreme. If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?
    Basicly yes this is the new business model of the product. In the start it was.

"Here is your content. Good luck with that."

Now days its,

"Here is your content but you have to pay X amount of monthly subscription to get everything," Where X is limited in...
    - 1000 valor points a week (Excuse, we don't want people to farm and kill everything in one week cause the have nothing to do(And we miss out valuable subscription money).
    - Have one wing of LFR open cause its so ridiculously easy. (Excuse, we don't want people to farm and kill everything in one week cause the have nothing to do(And we miss out valuable subscription money).
    - The Heroic mode will take 1 week extra to open. This is done to show the casual players we are also doing this for the hardcore raiders. (Excuse, we don't want people to farm and kill everything in one week cause the have nothing to do(And we miss out valuable subscription money).

And so on. Thats why the game has lost its charm and is becoming a money making machine cause 9 million people will pay anyways. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Chixneeddix View Post
    The reason you have to wait so long for LFR can be summed up by Dr. Zoidberg:

"You're bad, and you should feel bad!"

Kidding aside, just resub a few weeks from now instead of next week. Is that so hard?
    Nice hiding behind a account with only one post and its this post. how about saying it on ur main account.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by hieronymus View Post
    Basicly yes this is the new business model of the product. In the start it was.

"Here is your content. Good luck with that."

Now days its,

"Here is your content but you have to pay X amount of monthly subscription to get everything," Where X is limited in...
    - 1000 valor points a week (Excuse, we don't want people to farm and kill everything in one week cause the have nothing to do(And we miss out valuable subscription money).
    - Have one wing of LFR open cause its so ridiculously easy. (Excuse, we don't want people to farm and kill everything in one week cause the have nothing to do(And we miss out valuable subscription money).
    - The Heroic mode will take 1 week extra to open. This is done to show the casual players we are also doing this for the hardcore raiders. (Excuse, we don't want people to farm and kill everything in one week cause the have nothing to do(And we miss out valuable subscription money).

And so on. Thats why the game has lost its charm and is becoming a money making machine cause 9 million people will pay anyways. No matter what.
    Not much of what you say makes sense.
    The reason HC is opened one week later is that you can't go into HC before you've completed normal. And you can't do both normal and HC at the same week :P

Personally i'm very happy with the slow opening of lfr, since i might be able to skip some of it then, instead of feeling i should go there for gear, which i hate.
    You express your own opinion, but doesn't mean you're the majority, or are right :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I understand that not all of LFR should be available from day one, and I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather see it more like

5.3. normal raid
    12.3. LFR part 1 + 2
    19.3 LFR part 3+4

That's still two weeks to wait for the whole LFR to be playable. Even releasing one part every week would be better than having to wait 2 weeks for each part 3 and 4. Over a month seems extreme. If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?
    so that's the logic of LFR players. Lets pay one month and beat latest content (for them) with no effort.

i hate the guy(s) who came up with LFR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are not locked out of any content that anyone else is. Even the "elite raiders" are "locked" out of LFR for a week after the patch.

You can choose to raid normal mode if you like. No one is holding you back from doing that but yourself.
    Yes they are and you know it. LFR raiders cant complete Normal mode raids and you know it. If that was not the truth then LFR would never come to existance TO BEGIN WITH. The only way they can complete content which is LFR is locked and thus it locks them out of content. That's how reality looks.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    because they "earned" the right to see the content. LFR raiders are getting a welfare pass.
    Then please explain me this. What was the whole "enjoy it in your own pace, why do you care if other people do content" fiasco during Cata for? It was okay to justify LFR easy mode during Cata but now we have a 180 degree turn on that. Why?

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    So that LFR players get a semblance of progression.
    LFRers dont care for progression. What now?

LFR is so face roll that you could clean everything in a day without knowing shit about encounters and jumping around at 50K dps. That kinda defeat the thrill of raiding don't you think ?
    Why should you care? My response is exactly the same that was going on with Blizzard through entire Cataclysm and guess what? They were okay with it. Why make 180 degree turn now? So somebody finished the same game you play on easy mode, how does it affect your game? Somebody finished the same game you play on same difficulty much faster than you, once agian how does it affect your game?

LFR players should already be happy that LFR is that easy. If it was a minimum hard I wouldn't mind them releasing everything, but sadly its a tourist raid. So yeah gates for you so that you don't kill Ra den in LFR while your normal guild is still stuck on the first fours.
    So gate the raids so that minority feels good about themselves?

If you don't want to play more than 1 month of sub to see the content, just wait 1 week or 2 before subscribing again then.
    And that is exactly what will happen with some people. They will unsubscribe now, resubscribe when entire content is open, clear it, unsubscribe. Those forseeing ones that didnt resubscribed as soon as patch hit will wait as well.

This lockout has prevented nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    People would run it in one night, then bitch for 3 months that they're bored and LFR sucks, and they want more content OMFG NOW!!!!!
    If you see such people, tell them this "why didnt you appreciated your content then? It's your own damn fault for nom noming it like a hamster"
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2013-03-06 at 05:31 AM.

Is it really a big deal? I mean, it's a week. It's not like all content is being withheld, just the raid. For 7 days. I mean, you could then argue Heroic Raiders should have a right to complain too, their content is delayed a week also. Or you could say all raiders should have complained when MoP launched and the raids were delayed, their content was being withheld then too.

Anyone making comments about how this reflects Blizz's views on casual or hardcore players is taking this too far. It's a one-week delay, not a more expensive sub for a casual player or a 3 month delay.

I don't know why anyone should take this seriously. You only want to pay for one month and still see everything? Wait 3 weeks to sub up. GG.

Let's just ignore that we dare not suggest that the customers who pay for only one month out of 6 are less important than the ones who pay 6 out of 6. LFR players for a long time whined "We pay the same amount, we want to see the same thing!" That's a ridiculous notion for a game with any sort of competition - I still haven't beaten some games from the 80s, but now I deserve to because I paid for it? Now they're moving the goalposts once again to "We want to pay a lesser amount, but still see the same thing!" I mean, that's essentially the argument, right, because the average normal mode raider'll take 6 weeks to a few months, the average heroic raider will take 6 weeks to a few months, extending the LFR to 6 weeks is such a sin and travesty?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Not much of what you say makes sense.
    The reason HC is opened one week later is that you can't go into HC before you've completed normal. And you can't do both normal and HC at the same week :P

Personally i'm very happy with the slow opening of lfr, since i might be able to skip some of it then, instead of feeling i should go there for gear, which i hate.
    You express your own opinion, but doesn't mean you're the majority, or are right :P
    This is the main reason why the game is not your decision anymore. Back in vanilla (yes vanilla again) they brought raids and content in 2,3 or even more instances. They said here we have, ZG, MC and BWL good luck with that.

- Its up to you in what order you want to finish them.
    - Its up to you to do a gear check.
    - Its up to you to decide when you want to do something.
    - Its up to you to think and say yes i am ready for the next one or not.

Now days its. Here we have a raid instance. To help you a bit we made 3 version of this instance. LFR, Normal and heroic.
    - You are not allowed to kill more than 3 bosses cause we says so. (Blizzard decision, not yours.)
    - You are not allowed to do LFR before one week of normal, and we will be releasing it in a parts. (Blizzard decision, not yours.)
    - You are allowed to cap 1000 valor pints a week outside raiding. But only 1000 a week cause else you might farm it all in a week and we miss out valuable money. (Blizzard decision, not yours.)

How its should be. Here is LFR, normal and HC all together as raid without limits.
    - Are you geared for heroic ? Well go in heroic and find out. (Your decision with guildies).
    - Are you geared for normal ? Well go in normal and find out. (Your decision with guildies).
    - I can't be arsed looking for a steady 10 man guild. I don't have time for normal / heroics raids. But i do want to raid, i could try LFR (Again your decision).
    - I don't want gearing up with raiding (LFR version), i want to do it with daily quests to get some more gear and improve my character so i can down bosses in 10 (Again your decision).

Maybe a raid lookout for LFR / Normal to not make "LFR mandatory". Why is LFR mandatory? Cause it drops gear that might be a bit better than the previous raiding gear. Give us the option to decide for ourselves how skilled your are and what gear you are missing to complete your goal. (Heroic / Normal).

Blizzard did a outstanding job adding so many ways to improve yourself. But the restrictions are killing it. If they removed these restrictions the game would be more open and more "playerbase" decided.
    Last edited by mmoc881fcc0b2c; 2013-03-06 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Did you make complaint posts when 5.0 LFR launched, too? Or is this a new point of contention you've latched onto for this particular patch?
    I complained most vehemently about it last time too. I was hoping Bliz would learn and do it better this time, obviusly not, its worse this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I hate it, I was really looking forward to getting some new content. Tired of blizzard shitting me to appease a faction of players good at writing anti-lfr posts.

And they don't want to spoil the fight, what a joke, I've never been in a guild that didn't force me to watch the boss videos before we fought them.
    But in that case, LFR shouldn't be so meaningful to you anyway. I mean, if you've always been in a guild that made you watch videos before trying a boss, that guild surely is good enough to kill the first three bosses in the first week. There's your content!

When the raids were gated for 5.0, there was one major difference - MoP launch. Everyone was level 85. So most people were leveling and didn't notice/care that the raids were gated.

When Raid Finder was released with Dragon Soul, you could do everything in one day. So most people did that and never really returned. Like me. Point really is to milk it out

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It prevents people from facerolling the bosses before killing it on Normal.
    So it will do its job.
    No it dose not. maybe the 0.5% of the raiding pop will faceroll normal mode in the first week but the other 99.5% will not finish normal before they finish it in LFR "if they chose to do LFR"

Once again as its already been proven this only effects LFR players and no one else.

As I said early'er killing a boss on normal did not effect peoples enjoyment to kill it on heroic back in WOTLK/CATA why would killing it on LFR effect it when normal didn't.

Also to if you don't want to "RUIN" that enjoyment just don't do LFR.

The people who do LFR and only LFR should not be punished because a small few get all pissy about people beating a raid on easy mode.

Not asking for everything at release but dam could have gave one of the 4 wings so we could get a taste of the raid.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devic View Post
    When the raids were gated for 5.0, there was one major difference - MoP launch. Everyone was level 85. So most people were leveling and didn't notice/care that the raids were gated.
    This 10times over. that is one major difference in 5.0 and 5.2

I'm geared to raid that is all I want to do a new quest hub dose not interest me therefor I get no new content for 1 week unless I decide to do normal mode raiding and that is bs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is no 180-turn at all =/
    We still have normals, heroics and LFR. It will be exactly like 5.0!
    One little detail though. 5.0 was entire new expansion with much more content than any non expansion patch can provide.
    It will NOT be exactly as 5.0

It prevents people from facerolling the bosses before killing it on Normal.
    So it will do its job.
    and how is that a bad thing? Once agian... who suffers from that? some random egos?
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2013-03-07 at 11:59 AM.