Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    To clarify on this: It is a glitched interaction with their glyph of surging mist which results in free smart heal surging mists instead of the typical clearcasting proc. Without that glyph it works the same for monks as everyone else.
    Ah! Thank you for the update
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,435
    the meta is so omnomnomingly

  3. #83
    Uhh... that PTR Borrowed Time nerf. What the fuck?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  4. #84
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Uhh... that PTR Borrowed Time nerf. What the fuck?
    It was much needed IMO. Makes Penance too OP, I'm sure it was never their original intention for Penance/PoM/etc to not use the proc. You can cast Penance, PoM and then Smite within a single BT. It's silly.

  5. #85
    It also benefitted Renew quite nicely, giving Discipline another tool in its arsenal to work with.

    I'm not sure why this is suddenly a problem, it's been working like this since its inception, years ago.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #86
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It also benefitted Renew quite nicely, giving Discipline another tool in its arsenal to work with.

    I'm not sure why this is suddenly a problem, it's been working like this since its inception, years ago.
    So has a lot of other broken things, lol. This is another nerf to Atonement really.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    So has a lot of other broken things, lol. This is another nerf to Atonement really.
    Its just a "fix" to make Penance actually consume the buff (ie probably the only way they could figure out how to code it), but it affects other spells (Renew and SW:Pain), so its just a lazy fix. Nothing new on that front.

    I mean, its not like Disc was abusing Renew for insane healing...so yeah, WTF.

  8. #88
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Its just a "fix" to make Penance actually consume the buff (ie probably the only way they could figure out how to code it), but it affects other spells (Renew and SW:Pain), so its just a lazy fix. Nothing new on that front.

    I mean, its not like Disc was abusing Renew for insane healing...so yeah, WTF.
    If you are constantly using PWS for BT it really adds up as a huge buff. This fix was needed with how powerful offensive Penance is. (is basically what I was saying)

    I also don't think I've ever used BT for Renew.. lol

  9. #89
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    360
    Something to consider is that it is now a cast time reduction rather than a haste increase so for the times it is being used as truly intended and not for chaining hasted penance and instants it is actually a buff. At least as it reads currently. (never know with datamining where we'll end up)

  10. #90
    Originally Posted by @Ghostcrawler
    @KelestiMMO Not really a nerf. It only affects cast time heals now. It affected instants before, but many players didn't understand how.
    So it's "not a nerf" because he says it isn't, just because some people still to this day don't know how Haste affects instant casts… after how many years? Are you legit right now?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #91
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Originally Posted by @Ghostcrawler
    @KelestiMMO Not really a nerf. It only affects cast time heals now. It affected instants before, but many players didn't understand how.
    So it's "not a nerf" because he says it isn't, just because some people still to this day don't know how Haste affects instant casts… after how many years? Are you legit right now?
    Only way that makes sense to me is that the intent is to provide clarity, not be a nerf. The negative effect is incidental.

    Of course this could be one of those times he is just employing double speak.

  12. #92
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,397
    Borrowed time for renew? I mean I guess, but that's such a limited application I wouldn't concern myself over it. Keep on with the minute nerfs to disc atonement, something has to give eventually with the insane amount of utility disc brings.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  13. #93
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    They have. The problem is, as far as 25's are concerned, Discipline's healingbreakdown was Prayer of Healing spam, Divine Aegis which is auto applied by Prayer of Healing, and Spirit Shell which is applied to your raid by spamming Prayer of Healing.

    They don't want you to bubblespam, they just want you to use more of your toolkit, that's all.
    That's not an issue with the class, that's an issue to how the mechanics are in raids vs number of targets taking damage, it's the equivalent of changing resto druid for using Wg on cd with heavy raid dmg, or shamans for using Ht > Hr > Ch, or holy priests who are in the same genre as disc.., well you get where it's going now I hope.

    If anything regarding disc, I hope they remove SS from our toolkit, I'd rather have a different 1min cd that reacts to the damage incoming (As in, the more damage, the stronger the absorb), at least that would make players think a little more about when to use it.
    Example could be something similar to PoM, only it absorbs instead of healing, and having it tied into our Archangel would only layer a little more depth to it.

  14. #94
    This is hardly a nerf to atonement, or what disc excels at (dealing damage while taking care of low/medium amounts of damage). This nerf will almost solely affect our ability to deal with high damage periods (this is really the only time where you need the added haste from weaving in shields) which is where we already are extremly weak. The 20% nerf to our atonement healing is an example of a good nerf, it takes us down a notch where we excel, this is an example of a bad nerf, it hits us where we already suffer (in addition to lowering our skillcap).

  15. #95
    Bloodsail Admiral nobodysbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,013
    Disc "suffer", sorry to say, but that sounds a bit off. Perhaps you'd like to be OP in healing after that SS runs out to?

  16. #96
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    This is hardly a nerf to atonement, or what disc excels at (dealing damage while taking care of low/medium amounts of damage). This nerf will almost solely affect our ability to deal with high damage periods (this is really the only time where you need the added haste from weaving in shields) which is where we already are extremly weak. The 20% nerf to our atonement healing is an example of a good nerf, it takes us down a notch where we excel, this is an example of a bad nerf, it hits us where we already suffer (in addition to lowering our skillcap).
    You will still get hasted PoHs with BT. Dunno how you consider this an AoE nerf.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-04-15 at 04:52 PM.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  17. #97
    Disc "suffer", sorry to say, but that sounds a bit off. Perhaps you'd like to be OP in healing after that SS runs out to?
    Yes disc is awful at dealing with periods of high aoe damage. I know that disc is too strong in 10 man right now, that's obvious. But the proper way is hardly to make them weaker in the specific niche where they already are weak, over nerfing them where they are strong.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    You will still get hasted PoHs with BT. Dunno how you consider this an AoE nerf.
    Yes, and you won't get quicker offensive penances/poms/t6 talents, all cruical to deal with aoe damage.

  18. #98
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,397
    I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine losing BT to instant casts, the GCD reduction isn't as crucial as you are playing it up to be. Where disc lacks in being able to play catchup on high damage it makes up for in being able to front-load in absorbs.

    If you want to be able to bomb the raid quickly, play holy. If disc wants absorbs then it has to sacrifice something.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  19. #99
    Bloodsail Admiral nobodysbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Yes disc is awful at dealing with periods of high aoe damage. I know that disc is too strong in 10 man right now, that's obvious. But the proper way is hardly to make them weaker in the specific niche where they already are weak, over nerfing them where they are strong.



    Yes, and you won't get quicker offensive penances/poms/t6 talents, all cruical to deal with aoe damage.
    I would say Disc are pretty OP dealing with periods of high AoE since they can first SS the whole raid and then heal aswell. They aren't doing bad at all on AoE if you take that into account. I wouldn't call that being awful...! There are no fights (so far) with constant raidwide (Garalon) dmg, so idk why Disc keep bringing this up. Most fights are pretty much made for you as a specc with 1 min CD on AoE's.

    If that wasn't the case I could (maybe) understand you whine about your AoE healing but not atm a big no.

    You got damage with fast, spammable, cheap smart heals and the ability to absorb huge amount of dmg every AoE with both SS and PWB. If you set a value to dps (say it's worth 1dmg=0,5heal, to set it low) and take both that and PWB into account youll be (are) the masters atm, probably the raids most valuable player... So stop whining about 1 "weakness" (that really is no weakness atm). This isn't "The Disc game", it's the teamwork of healers game.

  20. #100
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I would say Disc are pretty OP dealing with periods of high AoE since they can first SS the whole raid and then heal aswell. They aren't doing bad at all on AoE if you take that into account. I wouldn't call that being awful...! There are no fights (so far) with constant raidwide (Garalon) dmg, so idk why Disc keep bringing this up. Most fights are pretty much made for you as a specc with 1 min CD on AoE's.
    Heroic Council, Twin Concorts, Iron Qon (last phase), Heroic Primordius with the aoe mutation, Dark Animus (kind of, with adds beating on everyone, but so spread out)

    This is a really good example of Iron Qon last phase, with constant, increasing damage going out. Cleo was even like "take into account the damage Barrier prevented!" and my response was "I don't think it absorbed 16million damage. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5711&e=5982

    If you want to HEAL play Holy, if you want to ABSORB play Disc. Stop bitching cuz you can't have it all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •