Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. I would still like to see a bit more incentive for holy in 10s though.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

HoH DH was already damned powerful, even in 25mans.
    I fear this latest change will lead to an overall nerf to be honest.

Edit: yes, I meant Divine Hymn. Too early in the morning
    Last edited by Danner; 2013-04-23 at 01:07 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    HoH was already damned powerful, even in 25mans.
    I fear this latest change will lead to an overall nerf to be honest.
    I think you mean Divine Hymn.

HoH (Hymn of Hope) isn't quite what people would say is powerful, Danner.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

HoH is only really powerful when your shadowpriests do it for you (more than one at the same time).

Deleted
    So with the 5.3 changes for disc. I assume we're not using penance hostile anymore, and we'll be ditching the glyph of smite for another. Am I right? Most of the major glyphs are garbage tho. I am using sanctum, penance and smite atm. I guess another good one would be glyph of holy fire, or would ppl rather go for glyph of prayer of mending?

Glyph of PoM is bad with the set bonus (I think it is bad for disc in every situation, but with the bonus it is obvious).
    I like the extra range the Holy Fire glyph gives.
    Binding Heal is nice on encounters where you bould groups of three, too.
    Penance is a good glyph as well, as is Sanctuary, but yes, the choices feel a bit spread thin.

I guess we will still use Penance on hostiles for AoE healing since PoH is still clunky, Holy Nova useless, and we don't have access to the holy version of DI. The lvl90 talents help some but they have long CD and are no smart heals either. We will still need it to even out health levels when AoE healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if Spectral Guise can eliminate Frost Kings Frozen Bolt on Heroic Council? I've used Spectral Guise in the past to ignore casted mechanics before in Brawlers Guild so that I could do the whole thing as Holy DPS, and it has worked effectively. But I havn't gotten the debuff enough times to really test it out. For instance, I have tried casting it right before he casts it, but that hasn't seemed to work, and I've also tried right as I got the blue arrow over my head.

So anyone here have success with it?

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Sounds like you did what you're supposed to and it didn't work, might be worth a shot to use it right before the cast goes off (once you've had the blue arrow for ~1 sec, check his cast timer) but I doubt that'll make a difference. The frostbite mechanic seems to be very selective about the working mechanics (bop, divine, iceblock, symbo clos are afaik the only ones), so I definitely doubt it'll work either way, but I might give it a shot next week.

for pure spirit shell stacking on the raid, does mastery pull ahead of crit? I'm thinking if I should drop my full spirit/crit reforge for spirit/mastery at megaera hc. armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ganai/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Sounds like you did what you're supposed to and it didn't work, might be worth a shot to use it right before the cast goes off (once you've had the blue arrow for ~1 sec, check his cast timer) but I doubt that'll make a difference. The frostbite mechanic seems to be very selective about the working mechanics (bop, divine, iceblock, symbo clos are afaik the only ones), so I definitely doubt it'll work either way, but I might give it a shot next week.
    Well so far I havn't had a strong need for bulwark or DP on this fight, so I'll give it a few more goes and look for good results Thursday when I expect a kill. I think AMS ignores it too btw, according to the raid chatter I heard. Would be cool to be able to ignore it this way, its a pain in the ass to try and effectively heal while moving between groups.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    for pure spirit shell stacking on the raid, does mastery pull ahead of crit? I'm thinking if I should drop my full spirit/crit reforge for spirit/mastery at megaera hc. armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ganai/advanced
    Depends on your crit/mastery since they scale off each other but with your current stats crit should be slightly ahead of mastery for spirit shell.

Well so far I havn't had a strong need for bulwark or DP on this fight, so I'll give it a few more goes and look for good results Thursday when I expect a kill. I think AMS ignores it too btw, according to the raid chatter I heard. Would be cool to be able to ignore it this way, its a pain in the ass to try and effectively heal while moving between groups.
    Aye feel free to give it a shot, never hurts (or well, da/bulwark is kinda nice if you get it, so it could:P) but I find it unlikely, I kinda missed our raid so I couldn't check it^^. Think symbiosis-ams works as well yes, since we had a rogue (and not a dk) in the raid we never gave it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed 'em last night and I couldn't get it to work, so it's probably not even worth trying.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR 4 set doesn't look stellar for holy.

The Divine Insight change seems important though.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-06-12 at 02:16 AM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

DI getting buffed to 100% chance up from 40% is a retardedly good change, this is in fact a massive buff.
    T16 set bonuses though are kind of lame though but a 500% healing buffed sanctuary might be quite interesting from 4-set.

Deleted
    I quite like the healing set bonuses, they'll alter the way you think about playing which is imo what a bonus should do.

The shadow bonuses look really... really awful. besides being completely passive bonuses they really don't look that powerful.

buffing ToF to 35% is pretty huge though, nom.

ToF is now a really good talent for healing. But considering how much synergy Divine Insight will have with the new set bonus, I may actually not pick ToF after all.

IMO, I think that ToF buff was needed though; I was getting very little mileage out of it at 20%, and thus ended up not picking it. That said, it wasn't exactly an underused talent. If Blizzard really wanted to look at talents, this is where to start:

http://www.wowpopular.com/Priest
    http://www.wowpopular.com/Discipline/Priest
    http://www.wowpopular.com/Holy/Priest
    http://www.wowpopular.com/Priest/Shadow

For healing priests, Dominate Mind, Phantasm, Solace, Spectral Guise, Divine Star and Halo are all vastly under-represented.

Disc can add Angelic Feather to that list as well, and this at least got a little (huge!) buff. But honestly, I think all it really needs is a cast-at-location-of-player option. The reason I like B&S is that it is one hotkey away, and whomever is kiting is no longer kiting. With Angelic Feather, I also need a ground placeable, and that means mouse targetting, which I already use for picking my next healing target. It really messes up my rhythm, and delays the casting.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    DI getting buffed to 100% chance up from 40% is a retardedly good change, this is in fact a massive buff.
    T16 set bonuses though are kind of lame though but a 500% healing buffed sanctuary might be quite interesting from 4-set.
    I don't believe this change will go through, I believe it's an error, that they wanted to make DI more attractive for Disc only, since it was not mentioned Holy buff in the Official Notes further down on the page. ("•Divine Insight for Discipline Priests now has a 100% chance to activate its effect after using Penance, up from 40%.")

Looking at the overall picture, assuming I am right, Holy defenitly will pick the shortest straw. Disc will benefit more from ToF aswell, with dps + smart Aton healing, I guess. I think the changes to our talents were made with Disc in their minds, as usual.

2pc: Serendipity also increases the healing of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing by 50% per stack. While Archangel is active, your critical chance is increased by 10%.

Disc is the clear winner with a lot of uptime on 10% crit that will give strong Aegis healing. FH isn't a Holy's best friend and won't be even after this. We won't change our rotation to cast FH to get stronger PoH I think... Better for 10's than 25's, wich is fine.

4pc: Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending casts increase the effect of your next Holy Word spell by 50%, stacking up to 10 times. While Spirit Shell is active, you gain 10% haste and 3,500 mastery.

Woha... They think absorbs are generally too strong and they will do this? For Holy I don't think it will be superexciting to use even a 500% buffed Sanc. It's ticking for around 1-2k in 25's (haven't really been checking for some time, but I saw under 2k recently) and after this superbonus 6-9k? It's OK, not great imo. I would take the Disc bonus anytime.

Still hoping for a change to Chakra.

You and me both, Nobodysbaby.
    But I am not holding my breath until the 6.0 patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't get a chakra change until next expac, along with probably a change to PoH's group requirements (which I don't think I'm happy with)

And yea, we are probably getting the short straw. The spirit shell 4pc buff is always useful; sanctuary is not unless you are stacked. The possible buff to DI is actually a pretty huge buff for holy, but will have a diminished effect once you replace t15 2pc.

Overall not excited; but it's the first iteration of PTR so hey, still hope for hoping.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Just a note on the 2pc for holy.
    I've seen a few posts around commenting that it's bad for holy because you won't be spamming FH. However, I think people might not realize quite how strong glyphed binding heal is for holy, this 2 set will make BH, BH, PoH incredibly powerful healing and probably quite sustainable in next tiers gear (it's already possible to burst with it this tier)

I'm not sure how many CoH and PoM casts I get between HW: Sanc casts, but if you get it close to 500% without holding the HW: Sanc CD then I think the 4pc will be quite strong also.