Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I feel it keeps core functionality, and incr flexibility, but how do you interpret such an implementation of Chakra?
    @Ghostcrawler: @KelestiMMO We think new tools would be more fun than passive bonuses. (CoH CD is kinda a new tool.)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Greg Street‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Nobodysblondie Weren't fans of Inspiration. Caused a lot of DR in a way that was really hard for players to notice (or be excited about).

As an answer to: The groundspell Sanctuary should be a real sanctuary, reducing dmg taken/healing done. We lost our old Inspiration.

Could you guys explain exactly what he means by this? Diminishin returns on Inspiration?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Greg Street‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Nobodysblondie Weren't fans of Inspiration. Caused a lot of DR in a way that was really hard for players to notice (or be excited about).

As an answer to: The groundspell Sanctuary should be a real sanctuary, reducing dmg taken/healing done. We lost our old Inspiration.

Could you guys explain exactly what he means by this? Diminishin returns on Inspiration?
    I would guess he is referring to the fact it was based on a random event and for priests did not proc off of all spells. I read DR to mean damage reduction.

Second that as "Damage Reduction".

And I would really agree with GC here. Inspiration was excellent, but it didn't show up on meters (leading to some heated HPS log discussions at times), was often a talent that was skipped as a result, and didn't really add much to the gameplay.

Point still stands though. Sanctuary sucks.
    But I don't know if Healing Rain is a good alternative. When half your healing done is bound up in a ground targettable aoe spell, you do lose a lot when the raid is spread out. This has been a major source of pain for shammies at least. I'd rather have a dysfunctional spell than moving 30% of the healing power of Prayer of Healing into Sanctuary. Just saying.

I'd much rather kill off HW: Scantuary, and get HW: Serenity all the time. That spell is too awesome.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Inspiration wasn't the coolest thing, since you needed your spells to crit for it to activate, and keeping it on the tank could be aggrevating at times. But as for Sanctuary, if that one actually had something useful baked into it, like reduced dmg taken or increased healing taken, it would bring a welcome "utility" for Holy Priests I think.

Question for those better than me at figuring out formulas and stuff (and sometimes I just look at things the wrong way)...

To track my PW:Solace efficiency (ie casting it as close to cooldown as possible), should I multiply the minutes of a fight length by 60 (and add the seconds, of course) and then divide by 10 to know how many casts I could have made?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got the legendary meta, and I'm far more impressed with it than I thought I would be. Here's some numbers from LFR:

Durumu:

70 Seconds of Clearcasting
    18% uptime
    Fight lasted 6:32

Dark Animus:

43 Seconds of Clearcasting
    12% uptime
    Fight lasted 5:54

The way the proc works is you get the Clearcasting buff, and every spell you cast in that window is free.

The uptime felt ridiculous. There were times I was spamming hard and actually regening significantly.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

shame, because they just changed the proc to a heal. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    shame, because they just changed the proc to a heal. >.>
    what? I don't see this anywhere?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    what? I don't see this anywhere?
    Maybe it's just for monks then? As it stands currently,
    Quote Originally Posted by @Suzushiiro
    So apparently they changed the proc on the healer legendary meta from clearcasting to a heal proc.
    //
    For mistweavers your heals will sometimes trigger a free smart surging mist cast, complete with chi.
    Whether this is currently true for all healers or not, I have absolutely no clue. But GC hasn't responded to this either, no one has.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I'll have to log on and test this, it was working as of like 4pm CST. Mana regen > heal proc for me anyyyyyydaaaayyyy..

EDIT:

Tested 4/11/13 @ 8:15am CST, still giving holy priests a 4 second Clearcasting proc. All heals in that window are free.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-04-11 at 01:16 PM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Whether this is currently true for all healers or not, I have absolutely no clue. But GC hasn't responded to this either, no one has.
    Maybe it is a Monk thing since their heals are so different. In which case, that's really cool of bliz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't often complain about cosmetics, but I really wish the proc created a cool effect on your toon like tranforms you into some lightning being or something engulfs you in a storm cloud like a blue/grey dispersion.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I don't often complain about cosmetics, but I really wish the proc created a cool effect on your toon like tranforms you into some lightning being or something engulfs you in a storm cloud like a blue/grey dispersion.
    Keep with the Thunder theme, like 4pc12 had a Firewell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep with the Thunder theme, like 4pc12 had a Firewell?
    Yea, exactly. I mean if you consider the hours you've poured into getting this legendary gem you'd think the least they could do is provide a proc effect like you get from even the simplest trinkets like Chi-Ji.

I dunno, like I said I don't normally complain about cosmetic things, but this sure feels underwhelming. It's not a huge deal. But even my melee buddies are wondering why there can't be a lightning strike when their proc adds a stack. Flavor touches like that don't mean much to the mathiness of the game, but everything to the immersion. /shrug

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 04:42 PM ----------

Maybe you could post something on GC's twitter seeing as you've already gotten several replies *wink wink nudge nudge*

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    anyone got play with the dps one yet ? I can't wait to get my hands on it
    Sig by Safhira

Yea, exactly. I mean if you consider the hours you've poured into getting this legendary gem you'd think the least they could do is provide a proc effect like you get from even the simplest trinkets like Chi-Ji.

I dunno, like I said I don't normally complain about cosmetic things, but this sure feels underwhelming. It's not a huge deal. But even my melee buddies are wondering why there can't be a lightning strike when their proc adds a stack. Flavor touches like that don't mean much to the mathiness of the game, but everything to the immersion. /shrug

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 04:42 PM ----------

Maybe you could post something on GC's twitter seeing as you've already gotten several replies *wink wink nudge nudge*

We saw how many issues with Chi-Ji there were.... LoD.... SCK.... Ugh, lol. There's already enough shit going on, we really don't need another, but seeing as it is a legendary, it would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    We saw how many issues with Chi-Ji there were.... LoD.... SCK.... Ugh, lol. There's already enough shit going on, we really don't need another, but seeing as it is a legendary, it would make sense.
    Wasn't an issue for my computer though there should be an option to toggle off personal effects like that I suppose.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Wasn't an issue for my computer though there should be an option to toggle off personal effects like that I suppose.
    It's not a "computer" issue - it's a visual "I can't see things I'm not supposed to stand in because this fucking LOD is taking up my entire monitor"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

To clarify on this: It is a glitched interaction with their glyph of surging mist which results in free smart heal surging mists instead of the typical clearcasting proc. Without that glyph it works the same for monks as everyone else.