Upgrade question

My pc is
    MotherBoard : GIGABYTE EP43-Ud3l Socket 775
    Ram :4gigs of ddr2 1000+
    VideoCard:ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3/V2/WW
    processor:Pentium Dual-Core E5300 @ 2.60GHz

My question is there a point to upgrade videocard to something like Asus PCI-Ex GeForce GT 630 1024MB GDDR5 (128bit). Or is my processor is to much of bottleneck for it? I don't want to really change motherboard for newer one, because I only play few games on pc like wow, sc2 and dota 2 .

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for info. I will think of what I can upgrade for 300 $

A GT630 would be a downgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely worth it to upgrade your video card. HOWEVER. The 630 is a terrible card. You'd actually be downgrading by switching to that. Furthermore, your CPU is a huge problem for things like WoW. You'd get good performance differences from upgrading either, however getting a 630 will just be a waste of money. Either look at a 560, or 650ti. Of course, you'll still run into some bottlenecking issues, and if you enjoy playing games, you should really consider... Well.. Looking at your system, you pretty much need a new computer if you want to upgrade anything. Unfortunately almost nothing in there is salvageable, except perhaps the hard drive. You'd be looking at around $550 for a bare minimum.

How/why do you have Win7 32bit? O_o
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thanks for info. Looks like I will postpone upgrade for year or so.

I liked windows 7 on my note book. So installed it last time I upgraded my computer. Didnt see point in win 64 when my computer wasn't that powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoman View Post
    I liked windows 7 on my note book. So installed it last time I upgraded my computer. Didnt see point in win 64 when my computer wasn't that powerful.
    Unfortunately, it looks like you didn't quite understand what that means. For the same price, all it does is limit the RAM you can use. You won't be able to transfer your license to the new computer, and will have to buy the OS again.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab