Deleted

Slicing on Preferred / F2p

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light.

Like many people I am sure I was an ex subscripber to swtor and have recently come back to try out the F2p Model..I am umming and arring as to whether get a short sub again and maybe some unlocks or purchase some cartel coins but anyway I digress

My Main issue is I had a 8 characters which only 6 of which are usable at the minute which is fine. However I had all sorst of crafting with each character

But my two slicing characters since my return basically if I was to send off on lock box missions (rich level 5 and abundant level 6) pretty much break even.

I never ever get any mission discoveries anymore.

With no access to the forum and no ability to ask CS (great job bioware on that by the way :-s), I cannot seem to find out an answer. I cannot see anything to suggest that it has been restricted but I cannot imagine my luck has just gone horribly this bad.

Any help would be appreictaed!

Why are you sending off your companions to do slicing missions? Waste of credits. Simply pickup lock boxes while doing missions/quests.

Also, as a preferred account, you get 2 crew professions. Save your credits and buy an account wide Crew Skill Unlock.

They nerfed slicing a long time ago to give you minimal return on your lockboxes unlike at launch when people had millions of credits within days due to slicing being outrageously lucrative. As for the mission discoveries, I would say your luck is just bad.

Buy Character Slots off the GTN in order to open up your other toons.

Its RNG. Sometimes I go through streaks where I don't get any neural augmentors. Other times I will get lucky. Just have to keep at it.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies

I have actually unlocked all 3 crew skills as a few of my characters are crafters although I did find it mostly pointless back then anyway..

one of my characters who I played with a bit the smuggler she was only mid 20s and slicing and whilst I would play with one companion I would send the other two off on lockbox missions and sometimes they would yield mission discoveries. which you could sell. Credits would be helpful for a preferred character to help unlock things like XP deficits

Maybe I am wrong I just wasn't sure whether preferred could critical on the lockboxes anymore. Maybe it is bad luck but it seems to be a horrific streak not a single one in two weeks!

Otherwise I may consider another profession. I still have my artificer and cybertech crafters

Thank you anyway for your help

Quote Originally Posted by zachrich View Post
    Thanks for the replies

I have actually unlocked all 3 crew skills as a few of my characters are crafters although I did find it mostly pointless back then anyway..

one of my characters who I played with a bit the smuggler she was only mid 20s and slicing and whilst I would play with one companion I would send the other two off on lockbox missions and sometimes they would yield mission discoveries. which you could sell. Credits would be helpful for a preferred character to help unlock things like XP deficits

Maybe I am wrong I just wasn't sure whether preferred could critical on the lockboxes anymore. Maybe it is bad luck but it seems to be a horrific streak not a single one in two weeks!

Otherwise I may consider another profession. I still have my artificer and cybertech crafters

Thank you anyway for your help
    Slicing is important for the augment components you receive. The blues allow you to craft augmentation kits and the purples let you craft the highest level augments. While I don't seem to be seeing much of a reason to craft augments other than for your own personal use (they don't seem to sell unless you underprice them by a lot), the augmentation kits still sell on my server pretty damn fast. I put mine up for 31-34k credits a piece and they're usually gone within minutes of putting them up. Of course, that's all at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    While I don't seem to be seeing much of a reason to craft augments other than for your own personal use (they don't seem to sell unless you underprice them by a lot)
    I make millions of credits per week selling augments. I run alot of slicers though so I can get a supply pretty quickly. Easiest money in the game IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I make millions of credits per week selling augments. I run alot of slicers though so I can get a supply pretty quickly. Easiest money in the game IMHO.
    In my experience, it's worth more credits to sell the Advanced Neural Augmenters individually.

In my experience, it's worth more credits to sell the Advanced Neural Augmenters individually.
    That's correct, materials can be more expensive than the final product and by delivering the raw material, you have a larger amount of people buying it.

Are you accounting for procs? Ive got the legacy perks and min/max which companion crafts the augments based on their critical (corso riggs crafting overkill augments etc). On my server the augments sell for about 45k each. Four neural augmentors sell for about 36k. I probably get 1 or 2 procs per 10-12 crafted. That 90k in profit far exceeds the profit you would get from selling the individual components. I also rarely have to buy the metal/compounds because i get enough crafting missions on my slicing runs to cover that. If I do have to buy metals/compounds (approx cost is 4k credits in metals/compounds) I break even with the cost of selling the augments compared to selling the components alone. In which case the procs from crafting the augments puts it ahead of selling the individual components.

TLDR: You break even selling mats individually compared to selling the augments not accounting for procs. The procs from crafting the augs add extra value.