Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Not nearly enough to make us compete in single target. don't get too excited, it won't make big diff
    Indeed,but any buff is welcome and ofc is better from nothing

  2. #22
    They worked 4 month on the patch and two days before launch GC realised that SW:P is too weak. That's great.







    Not.

  3. #23
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Does that mean, if mana isn't a problem, that we should start SW:P'ing on multi-dots fight, before VT?
    Depends on your talents. If specced FDCL/DI, then SW: P first, if specced FDCL/ToF then VT first.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  4. #24
    Also depends on the number of adds and their proximity. If you can mind sear 4 adds, I don't think FLCL will be the best option.

  5. #25
    more buffs for shadow priests? really.. really...

  6. #26
    Blademaster Etheros81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    more buffs for shadow priests? really.. really...
    Oh plz....We only got 1 buff, sir, besides this last minute charity....which is a crappy [Shadowform now increases the Priest's Shadow damage by 25% (was 20%)]

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk Evela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Affliction has not being nerfed in the multi dot department^^, only single target damage was nerfed and not that much tbh, blizzard only made locks chose another talent(which was op true, but still).
    GoSac still wins out in BiS gear. It's been nerfed from 50% to 25%. 25% * .6 (as it buffs 60% of our damage) = 15% decrease in DPS. Haunt buff is a 4%ish increase, meaning a 11%ish nerf overall. That's pretty significant.

    Mandatory on-topic comment: Grats on your buff Priests, it was needed.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Not nearly enough to make us compete in single target. don't get too excited, it won't make big diff
    You are wrong, actually. The buff is very significant. Most fights come 5.2 are multi target so is is huge. The fact LMGs proc rate got doubled is also very significant.

    Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryelulz

  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Why would they do this? shadow's are so over powered already. Time to cancel the sub.... again
    This has to be a joke. Please cancel your sub. haha

  10. #30
    I too saw this last minute change. I have been so tired of being sub-10th place in dps meters throughout most of T14. When I saw they reverted the mind blast buff, I was highly disappointed. This should help us a bit, especially on multi-target fights.

    Why did Blizz decide PVE & PVP damage output should be correlated anyway? I'm so tired of people complaining that we don't deserve sustained dps buffs for raiding just because we're "too powerful" in pvp. Is there not any way to separate the two in the future?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Think you got the wrong forum, you're ment to be in the Warlock forum complaining about them, Mages hate Locks not Priests.
    Please no, Affli and Destro have been nerfed hard enough as it is. Spare us!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Please no, Affli and Destro have been nerfed hard enough as it is. Spare us!
    You're the number one DPSer throughout t14 and you're complaining about nerfs? lol. Even with these nerfs, you're still going to do MUCH better than Spriests.

  13. #33
    I was thinking to myself last night.. "Maybe they will buff us out of the blue when the patch goes live" sure enough here it is. One question tho, why is this not in the patch notes and is it going to be active once servers come back up?

  14. #34
    Very grateful for the buff... but I always thought the main flaw in shadow priests was single target dps (which I think is echo'ed in everyone's feedback). In multi target fights (dots, sniping ToF, etc.), we actually do quite well. So it's kinda weird they choose this and not something that could affect single target DPS, like haste/cooldowns on MB (or reverting the GoMS nerf).

    Maybe they do want that type of discrepancy: classes that shine in multi, classes that shine in single. To be honest, if that's a willful design direction it's not that bad.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
    Very grateful for the buff... but I always thought the main flaw in shadow priests was single target dps (which I think is echo'ed in everyone's feedback). In multi target fights (dots, sniping ToF, etc.), we actually do quite well. So it's kinda weird they choose this and not something that could affect single target DPS, like haste/cooldowns on MB (or reverting the GoMS nerf).

    Maybe they do want that type of discrepancy: classes that shine in multi, classes that shine in single. To be honest, if that's a willful design direction it's not that bad.
    I would agree with you on the class discrepancy but the issue i believe that they are having is with Spriest PvP. The reason Spriests are OP in PvP is because with more than one target to roll dots on, we have many more chances of procs. We can then save these procs for huge amounts of burst... the problem here is that if they increased our single-target DPS, we would see an even more powerful class in arena. Our dots are absolute crap in arena, the only real purpose of them is to gain these procs and the reason they are crap in terms of damage (in arena) is because of resilience.

    The only real way to fix this would be a complete redesign of many more mechanics of our spec.
    Last edited by Gindry; 2013-03-05 at 08:50 PM.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,082
    Hot fix buff 12 seconds before servers come up and they have been testing 5.2 on PTR for a couple months now...wut

    I guess I should't complain but seriously wut.

  17. #37
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Gindry View Post
    I would agree with you on the class discrepancy but the issue i believe that they are having is with Spriest PvP. The reason Spriests are OP in PvP is because with more than one target to roll dots on, we have many more chances of procs. We can then save these procs for huge amounts of burst... the problem here is that if they increased our single-target DPS, we would see an even more powerful class in arena. Our dots are absolute crap in arena, the only real purpose of them is to gain these procs and the reason they are crap in terms of damage (in arena) is because of resilience.

    The only real way to fix this would be a complete redesign of many more mechanics of our spec.
    Not to worry! It looks like VT's PPM doesn't change based on number of targets anymore!
    {[( )]}

  18. #38
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Not to worry! It looks like VT's PPM doesn't change based on number of targets anymore!
    Care to elaborate?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  19. #39
    http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png

    Better place then T14 at least.

  20. #40
    Better place then T14 at least.[/QUOTE]


    I dont think that reflects the SwP buff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •