Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

OMG shadow last minute CHANGE FRoM GC !!

- Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 25%

Sick avatar/Signature by Ammeg

10+ Year Old Account
    That is awesome, I might start playing again

Deleted
    please, for the love of priests, give a source for that. I so want this to be true. More for my twink, than the priest i actually raid on

Ghostcrawler
    Game Designer
    #2280 - 2013/03/05 02:40:00 AM
    Recent DPS Tweaks

- Might of the Frozen Wastes includes melee damage by 20%, up from 15%.
    - Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 25%.
    - Threat of Thassarian now increases Frost Strike damage by 50%, up from 40%.
    - Assassin's Resolve now increases damage by 30%, up from 20%.
    - Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 25%.

I'm happy we get buffed. However, this looks so much like a kneejerk last minute buff that may make us too strong on multi-doting. Hope if that happens, SWP won't get nerfed to ground...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I'm happy we get buffed. However, this looks so much like a kneejerk last minute buff that may make us too strong on multi-doting. Hope if that happens, SWP won't get nerfed to ground...
    It's a <5k dps buff for 100% uptime on a target - for a 2 target council fight (where you can maintain 100% uptime on both) - you gain less than 5k dps for that cleave damage (so, noticeably better than we were, but affliction locks - even nerfed - are still going to laugh at us). I don't think the risk of it over-buffing us is a concern
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Im surprised that they applied a buff to SW : P given the potential synergy with the Lei Shen trinket.

Not that im unhappy, but for a "balancing act" buff, I would have thought VT would have been the candidate if any

Why would they do this? shadow's are so over powered already. Time to cancel the sub.... again

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Why would they do this? shadow's are so over powered already. Time to cancel the sub.... again
    are you serious?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

If you are refering to PvP, this is not gonna change much for that since what make shadow so good in PvP is lining up DP with 3 orbs + mindbender + silence with dots rolling + mindblast. So this will have no impact whatsover PvPwise..

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    are you serious?
    Shadow is very strong pvp, I play mage so if I cried hard enough and other mages cry hard enough we could get this buff reverted in a similar way we get our nerfs reverted.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    If you are refering to PvP, this is not gonna change much for that since what make shadow so good in PvP is lining up DP with 3 orbs + mindbender + silence with dots rolling + mindblast. So this will have no impact whatsover PvPwise..
    Yes I was referring to pvp, I wasn't really being serious tbh

Hah, I love mages crying their eyes out over other classes being up to par with them, I love it :-) Gogo priests!

Yvaelle man im so happy
    srsly

Shadow is very strong pvp, I play mage so if I cried hard enough and other mages cry hard enough we could get this buff reverted in a similar way we get our nerfs reverted.[COLOR="red"]
    Think you got the wrong forum, you're ment to be in the Warlock forum complaining about them, Mages hate Locks not Priests.

Man this makes me a lil happy. I just made a shadowpriest(1-90) a week ago, and fell in love with it in pvp, but the pve side was lacking. But I might try raiding now if this brings up the dps to average xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's a <5k dps buff for 100% uptime on a target - for a 2 target council fight (where you can maintain 100% uptime on both) - you gain less than 5k dps for that cleave damage (so, noticeably better than we were, but affliction locks - even nerfed - are still going to laugh at us). I don't think the risk of it over-buffing us is a concern
    Affliction has not being nerfed in the multi dot department^^, only single target damage was nerfed and not that much tbh, blizzard only made locks chose another talent(which was op true, but still).

10+ Year Old Account
    yay buff.... all buff is highly needed.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Does that mean, if mana isn't a problem, that we should start SW:P'ing on multi-dots fight, before VT?

Not nearly enough to make us compete in single target. don't get too excited, it won't make big diff