Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerya View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/321755134541570048

Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault getting nerf by 1.9k agility less
    Ugh so that was hotfixed in already? Did they scale down the ICD on the trinket proportionally or are they just flat out nerfing it?

I tweeted him: So we're just nerfing PVE damage for PVP with no compensation? Sounds fair.

Because that just makes that trinket utter crap if they just nerfed the proc by 1900 agility. You'll be lucky to even get 1300 agility out of if. Back to H bottle 2/2!

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

yeah i read the same. STR trinkets are getting the same treatement for the same reason (being a lot better than the pvp ones).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It doesn't appear to be hotfixed in game, it's still giving me 8800 agility on the dummies.

They said that tooltips won't be fixed - also don't know if the hotfix is already on or not.

Yeah, on the dummies, looking at my agility, it's still giving 8800 so it's not in the game for US atm.

Can't read twitter at work, so just want to check, is this a 1.9k nerf to the agility proc? So a nerf from 8800 to 6900?

If so, this obliterates the trinket.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Supposedly, yes.

Preliminary estimation:

Post nerf (still assuming you can use all hit), heroic bottle is now ahead with no upgrades as is every raiding trinket from 5.2 normals onward (Rune still not modelled).
    Post nerf (assuming you can't use the hit and only gain the reforged stats): It's worse than every trinket in game except 5.0 Raid Finder trinkets, normal Terror in the Mists and Relic of Xuen.
    I am the lucid dream

Btw, just downloaded a small patch, probably the hotfix kicked in right now.

Still appears to be 8800 in game US. For clarification, I'm not looking at the tooltip, I'm looking at my agility on my character screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexra View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/321712767079964672

Seems to imply that its a pvp only nerf.
    Awesome, let the happy days continue!
    I am the lucid dream

Nice news!

Ryme: gratz on the 2/12 HM

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Nice news!

Ryme: gratz on the 2/12 HM :)
    Heh, cheers, been a lot of reorganisations going on ;)
    I am the lucid dream

Eh, we need an healer and a ranged dps to be sure to start every night. Our progression is bad, but atm we're having enough fun

Back on topic - i got a little outdated with simis for different rogue specs, what is the situation atm? I'm assuming that 4t15 + RPPM trinkets boosted by haste are favoring combat an awful lot.

Eh, we need an healer and a ranged dps to be sure to start every night. Our progression is bad, but atm we're having enough fun

Back on topic - i got a little outdated with simis for different rogue specs, what is the situation atm? I'm assuming that 4t15 + RPPM trinkets boosted by haste are favoring combat an awful lot.
    Not really, 4pc is really good for combat but it also makes combat really fragile. Most if not all of the 10-15% dps increase from 4pc comes from the GCD reduction so losing a single bonus GCD per AR+SB is a dps loss of 1%-1.5% per GCD lost. The net result is on paper combat looks very good but in practice getting that dps increase is very difficult because of latency and other general encounter mechanics.

So basically the only spec that has a clear stat prio (combat = haste) is screwed by mechanics, and assa has an utterly complicated modeling.

Fun patch for rogues huh?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-11 at 08:56 AM. Reason: correcting statement.

Deleted
    and assa is screwed by utterly complicated modeling.
    How can a spec be screwed by utterly complicated modeling? How exactly does the difficulty to model very precise and barely useful things affect its current ingame condition?

This is actually a very good patch for rogues, and good here applies for many meanings.

So basically the only spec that has a clear stat prio (combat = haste) is screwed by mechanics, and assa is screwed by utterly complicated modeling.

Fun patch for rogues huh?
    I'm taking the moments to experiment whilst being able to convince myself "It's OK, it's up in the air anyway, this could be the perfect unsuspected route to go"

And yeah, I concur with what firey says, in any kind of situation where GCDs are lost, combat's dps will plummet relative to assassination. Perhaps next tier, with better thought out bonuses and more gear.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-04-11 at 08:28 AM.
    I am the lucid dream