Poll: Results:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    According to the test I am both a super taster and a non-taster.

Seems legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quiz said I am both a super taster and a non taster. Apart from the quiz's inherent simplicity, such a classification system probably wouldn't work for me anyway since I burned out the inside of my nose with concentrated hydrochloric acid gas (don't ask) about five years ago, and my sense of taste got massively messed up from my sense of smell getting massively messed up.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Apparently I'm a normal taster. Food is my passion though. That's all I ever look forward to each and every day, dinner. xD

Deleted
    so if youre an antisocial fuck youre a supertaster? gr8 test

Those questions were wierd.

Anyway im a "normal taster" according to that, but its not really accurate. Because the questions were "Out with friends in a resturan". So ofc i wouldnt be
    "MMMMM shut up dont talk! this is good! mmmm" I really havent seen anyone being all "orgasmic" over food, atleast not in a resturant.

I think if i had those question as in "You are alone", then i would be "supertaster", because that test was more about "How do you behave at a resturante".
    Im a good cook, not "trained" from school etc, but italian father, french mother i say no more. I can make about anything, and i can eat anything, love to try new things (especially wierd, yet tradisions from other countrys). People are pussys when it comes to food, and its sad. Anyway!
    I have food orgasm all the time... But not in a resturant infornt of a crowd, and ignoreing all so i can eat, that is just rude and not "the way to behave"^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Lol, was this test created and approved by americans?

"I like a cozy restaurant and good tasting food"
    "You sir, are a supertaster!"
    By PHD, Dr. B.Shid

Edit: Makes sense when you think of it. The entire population drives on fastfood, big wallmart like restaurants, and boy do they know how to chow down. That makes everyone enjoying normal food, eating properly and proper portions a "grace kelly of dining".
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2013-03-05 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    super taster.... the test made me chuckle..
    There's a lot more to that than these questions, which are actually all rather unrelated to the tasting ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Test(check list below aswell):
    -NOT REALLY ACCURATE BUT IF YOU'RE CURIOUS-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...s/supertaster/

Apparently I'm a supertaster. Not like it's necessarily a good thing but this may explain why I haven't learned to like coffee and cabbage.

What about you?

Wikipedia:
    I love soda, olives, tonic water, grapefruit juice, coffee, and I like brussel sprouts.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

tonic water,
    With the addition of a certain juniper infused spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    With the addition of a certain juniper infused spirit
    Quite right, bien sur, seguro.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    The test said I was in between a supertaster and a normal taster.

I'm between super and normal it says.
    Do enjoy grapefruit, spinach, and coffee. However, I can't stand raw cheese or too much yellow cheese as it can taste overwhelmingly bitter.

Supertaster, apparently. While the test says I am and I'd like to think that's why I just can't stand so many foods, I'm probably just picky and have a limited pallet due to an unwillingness to broaden my tastes sue to being picky, blah, blah blah, blah blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol 5 questions are supposed to essentially tell you how many taste buds you have?

Yeah.......... no.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like everything on that list.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Apparently I am both a super taster and a normal taster. Honestly I think I'm in between the two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    Apparently I am both a super taster and a normal taster. Honestly I think I'm in between the two.
    What do you think about the foods on the wikipedia list?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    so if youre an antisocial fuck youre a supertaster? gr8 test
    What are you talking about? I gave the most social answers possible and I still ranked as supertaster.

I'd rather spend time in a small, cozy restaurant where you can actually talk to eachother. I also think that when you're out with friends, that's more important than the food itself. And I'd like to keep talking to my friends while eating instead of going into some kind of food frenzy. Yeah, I'm pretty sure these are the most social answers possible.

I guess the remaining two answers made the difference though. Since I don't like dressings and sauce I chose to put them on the side. And while I don't do this at home, when I'm in a restaurant I usually taste a little bit of all the different things first before really digging in.

Apparently this makes me a supertaster. But honestly, 5 questions makes this a laughable test.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Apparently I'm a supertaster. Not like it's necessarily a good thing but this may explain why I haven't learned to like coffee and cabbage.
    To be honest, there's a lot more that I don't like than simply what's on that list. But I'm not sure it's even related.

Sounds like. I've always had a strong negative reaction to even miniscule levels of alcohol, can't stand chili peppers, and I only rarely drink carbonated beverages because of a.) how strong that buzzing sensation is, and b.) being shown how much sugar is in that can.

It rated me as a normal taster for some reason. I don't see how social aspects or preference in decor have anything to do with taste bud sensitivity.

Bah, why can't I get any of the good superpowers? The main ones I've noticed is this and super sensitivity, which makes me a wuss who is traumatized by pain.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-03-06 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That test seems pretty weird. I mean, wtf is all that stuff about the setting of the restaurant? Does it assume I don't care about the food if I stop and have a conversation with the people I'm there with? It rated me between a super-taster and a non-taster, so I guess that makes me a normal-taster or something? Maybe? That hardly seemed like a very scientific test.

Anyway, I dislike many things on that list, but not all. I can't stand coffee, tea, alcohol, cabbage, and brussels sprouts. On the other hand, I love carbonated beverages, grapefruit juice, and many soy products.