10+ Year Old Account

"did it make it to live?"

I have "did it make it to live" questions. the sky claw engineering mount which was datamined, there any other info like did a recipe ever show up on the ptr? also it was said that special crops farmed would have increased payout but this site said when they tested it it was the same. did it ever get increased? also like someone else asked ...how might we go about upgrading our heirlooms to 85?

The patch isn't live, so we wouldn't know any more than the information already available to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is Pierre didnt make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    It's a sad, sad day. I was looking forward to him
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Yeah...I don't get why he didn't make it, I had my living steel for the Sky Claw and Pierre too...

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Yeah...I don't get why he didn't make it, I had my living steel for the Sky Claw and Pierre too...
    Probably some sort of bug. Maybe they couldn't get the cooking functionality in or something.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Probably some sort of bug. Maybe they couldn't get the cooking functionality in or something.
    Lil' Ragnaros has been in for a while and is a cooking fire, I'm guessing that they think they added enough pets and they're saving him and that other thing for 5.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I have "did it make it to live" questions. the sky claw engineering mount which was datamined, there any other info like did a recipe ever show up on the ptr? also it was said that special crops farmed would have increased payout but this site said when they tested it it was the same. did it ever get increased? also like someone else asked ...how might we go about upgrading our heirlooms to 85?
    A few things about the Sky Claw:
    -Pierre was removed.
    -The item that dropped from Ikota earlier in the PTR for engineers no longer dropped in the final weeks of beta, since the removal of Pierre. This item lead to the recipes for Sky Claw, Pierre, Adv. Fridge (cooking bag), and the Stabilized lightning source. The same item for Blacksmiths still dropped.
    -Engineers who previously had learned the recipes could no longer craft them on the PTR.
    -The official patch notes mention the lightning forge, and specifies it's capability for blacksmithings. Any mention of engineering is neglected.

It's pretty obvious that it was removed along with Pierre.

In regards to your second question: You need to use Justice points and have the original heirloom to upgrade your heirlooms. The vendor in Stormwind (where you spent JP in cata) sell the new versions. Similarly, according to the official patch notes, you can opt to use Darkmoon Faire tickets when the faire is up to purchase the upgraded versions. You must have the old heirloom already, the same as JP method.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you very much Ryken!