Thunder forge on low level

Hi. I am planning to do the 1-day cooldown on engineering every day when the thunder forge opens, but my engineering character is only level 89. Will I be able to access this forge without leveling to 90 first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you have to use a portal to get to the island I doubt you can use it unless your level 90 as the island is a daily area for 90's and raids, just like TB you had to be 85 to use the portal to go in unless your were summoned in.....you might be able to get a warlock to summon you to the island maybe....but again you will have to have that everyday to use your CD....

Um, what Engineering daily CD? Thought Lightning Steel was BS only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightning Steel Ingot is BS only.

However, Engineers get a cd also, Lightning Stabilizer? (I forget the name). I believe that's what they were referring to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    Lightning Steel Ingot is BS only.

However, Engineers get a cd also, Lightning Stabilizer? (I forget the name). I believe that's what they were referring to.
    Most, if not all of the engineering stuff were removed from the official 5.2 patchnotes, so chances are high that engineers won't have the Stabilized Lightning Source CD

Also, OP, you'd probably have enough time to lvl to 90 anyway, as the Thunder Forge won't be available until one of the last (or the last) phase of the island.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    They pretty much completely took out the Engineering items from patch 5.2 (for some reason, that is unexplained). So, I think the engineering CD item was removed. However if it is still there, since it is very unclear what we Engineers may be able to do, you easily have enough time to hit 90. You could start a character today and have it 90 by the time the tunder forge opens. You have 14-20 days until it will open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.