Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was unclear from the live patch notes whether Frost would still be stacking x3 Frostbolts for debuff or not. Saddened to see the rampup still in place. Suspecting 'target-switch' fights might favor Fire for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessminda83 View Post
    I was unclear from the live patch notes whether Frost would still be stacking x3 Frostbolts for debuff or not. Saddened to see the rampup still in place. Suspecting 'target-switch' fights might favor Fire for this reason.
    It's not mentioned because it was never implemented in live so, yes, it still stacks x3.

Deleted
    the 10% nerf to pyroblast was not needed mages are real crap
    warlocks still top all the fights ...
    rogues totaly overbuffed.

that is the patch 5.2

you can see all the parses/streams that prof what im saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    * A fully cranked Frost mage will global you in PvP (in a deep no less). Prepare for the QQ storm that is inc.
    My cristal ball have predicted a 20% pvp-nerf to IL since mid-PTR, like Frost Bomb.
    Joke apart, there's go probability that it's end up like this. If it's the case, I wish they remove Frostbolt's debuff at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    My cristal ball have predicted a 20% pvp-nerf to IL since mid-PTR, like Frost Bomb.
    Joke apart, there's go probability that it's end up like this. If it's the case, I wish they remove Frostbolt's debuff at the same time.
    Sounds like I should go do some pvp before the nerfs.

At least pve is better even though the dps isn't great. Doing jin'rokh I was easily the bottom dps despite being the best geared dps on the team. We almost downed horridon and from what I could tell my dps on that wasn't great either. All the target switching and adds dying really hurts your dps.

Getting procs up for alter time doesn't seem to be as hard as I was finding it on the ptr either. I'm just hoping I can manage to do some dps on tortos since rockfall looks like the ultimate anti-mage mechanic.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    fire nerf was totaly not needed,
    LB cleave + 10% pyro totaly broke the spec at start

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...um/damageDone/

cant real understand why blizzard nerfed mages so bad and let warlocks the same or even better.

Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    fire nerf was totaly not needed,
    LB cleave + 10% pyro totaly broke the spec at start

cant real understand why blizzard nerfed mages so bad and let warlocks the same or even better.
    Not surprised to see those numbers at all as I had a similar experience last night. Decent only on Jin'Rokh and Ji-Kun (the attempts we did), not so great on Council or Horridon (only made up for the low damage on adds at the end when you kill the War God/Horridon himself), and bottom-of-the-basement abysmal on Tortos. I foresee no guild using Mages on H-Tortos at the very least, with Rockfall, moving for shells, getting thrown up in the air by shells, and dozens of low damage adds.

Meanwhile, Locks/Hunters/Spriests are walloping.

Deleted
    Any one tried to play Frost in raids already? i seem to get really decent numbers out when i was trying it on dummies.

I really did not enjoy playing fire(ilvl495) on the first 3 bosses today. Had a hard time staying above 100k dps and felt really sloppy and meh compared to others.

So... I'm looking at tooltips and Pyro was nerfed 10%, but CM also says 1.2 instead of 1.3.
    Where they both nerfed?

I don't use twitter, but can someone ask GC about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I explained in the other thread that deals with this - it's a tooltip error. They nerfed Critical Mass, updated the tooltips, but then nerfed it again without rechecking the tooltips.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    <- 500ilvl entering the raid, 25man.
    Specc: Frost
    Was it any good? No, it was not.. I had to fight for the best spot on the damage meter out of the 5 worst.
    I dont think frost is gonna get that much better later into the tier either.. well obviously its gonna get a little better with EQ but not that much.
    I pulled 130k dps when the Horridon fight was over, I came at second last. (its a massive cleave party boss)
    So what did I do? I threw frost out the window, and Im not gonna go back to frost since I know frost aint gonna improve enough much later, everyone else will improve way more than I will in frost AND it wasnt even fun.

Later 2night we are gonna continue, and Ill try it out as fire (I can already taste the RNG) BUT! I still think fire is gonna be the specc u wanna go, the scaling later into the tier is gonna make it better, hopefully enough to compete with the locks, boomkins and spriests (what a shocker that I mention them classes as they were spanking the living #!¤% out of everthing....)

But yes, for all mages, keep calm, we will eventually get better with time! AS FIRE

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost's biggest weakest right now, it's its punishment to switch targets due to the frost debuff requirement for better dps. We need that dps in order to do well. It's an unfortunate one.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Mage class review for 5.2

So basically they have not said anything with this? What a waste of time it does not even compare to the other class reviews which at least have had some nice insights into why they made the changes to the class in the first place. This is just a rant on frost and PVP and trying to justify the changes they made to balance around PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I did quite a bit less damage in ToT tonight compared to 5.1 Arcane/Fire, I must say that overall I enjoyed it more simply because of QoL changes. It felt really good having a 2.5 second Evocation instead of a 5 second one. :-)
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    I went Arcane on the first 2 bosses, But after seeing another mage from guild do waaaay better as frost in ilvl 500(i had ilvl 505 with 10.1k mastery, no armor or raid buff) i changed out most of my heroic gear and went down 3 ilvls (502) and went frost, it increased my dps by roughly 50k... it felt nice enough, though the lack of proper procs before trinkets / pots run out can be a bitch, but then again it did not happen that often.
    Cant wait till i get my fire gear up again so i can go back to what i love.

15+ Year Old Account
    10% pyro nerf.. inferno blast nerf.. it sucks..

being down at the bottom of the pack does not feel like a mage at all.'

They said they didn't nerf CM.. but logs say otherwise. average crit rate was poor as hell. I don't think I had an opener crit.

off topic.. But GG AFFLICTION WARLOCKS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptenn View Post
    But yes, for all mages, keep calm, we will eventually get better with time! AS FIRE
    Alright, I've had enough with this garbage cop-out.

-NO- spec should have to rely on gear to reach a minimum level of viability, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Threads like this attract people with very negative attitudes towards other posters or other people. Please incorporate such information into one of the existing threads.
    There is really no need to start a new thread every time something marginally relevant happens.
    Fair enough.
    The original thread was the reply of Ghostcrawler about the state of Mages in 5.2:
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @MatthewOc @CM_Zarhym Zarhym is being polite. We're happy with mage performance ATM. We'll reevaluate after more than 2 days have passed.
    Disclaimer: I don't want to bash him or something. His post is in his tweeter for everyone to see. I just want everyone to see that in his eyes we are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me be honest here. I've been around the community for long enough to see a reoccurring cycle:

When we're low on DPS then suddenly there's a plethora of qualify of life issues that we miss, buffs we could bring, utility we could have.

When we get buffed into Top1-2-3, suddenly everything's magical and the flowers are blooming in springtime.

As does Ghostcrawler, I want to see how my spec performs when everyone in the raid is around item level 522 before I make a final judgement on how (not) terrible we are. After that when people finish Heroic progression and dps isn't so important, we'll again see "why don't we talk about quality of life things that mages could have in the next patch/expansion".

The cycle is as predictable as it is pathetic.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The cycle is as predictable as it is pathetic.
    And how is that pathetic ?

It's the same cycle for every class and everyone knows it. However, starting debates and discussing about our class isn't pathetic. Everyone knows Mages have always been top 3 DPS. However (like many people say), if we are not top DPS, we are useless. It would be dumb not to agree with mages on that one. I would prefer skyrocketing the DPS charts or doing average DMG and be a little useful to my raid than just being useless. It's not true that ''flowers are blooming in springtime'' when we're first DPS. Most mages can draw the line between DPS utility and CDs/Buffs utility and know that we lack balance overall.

So It's not only QQing about the cycle or nerfs. It's all about the class itself that keeps changing and about our current state in 5.2. Don't mistake dicussions and arguing for QQ and complaints please.
    Last edited by TyralisUH; 2013-03-08 at 04:57 PM.