Deleted

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen nerf - boomkins ONLY

- Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD. Proc rate multiplied by 0.00 for non-caster specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.5 for Balance Druids. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.
    So from what I undestand only boomkins have reduced proc rate on this trinket, is it right? Its so fu...... unfair. Just remove this stupid trinket from the game!

probaly just to help balance it out as how much boomies get out of a crit

10+ Year Old Account
    So from what I understand you are upset that blizzard is balancing a trinket to specifically avoid having to nerf a spec? It is far simpler to just nerf the proc rate for the trinket for the spec than go through balancing the spec around this one trinket. I for one would be far more upset having my class nerfed over 1 trinket than having 1 trinket nerfed for my class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

A boomikin would be able to use Starsurge ONLY for at least 20 seconds every 45 (IIRC), without the need of casting anything else but Starfall once or twice.

Come on, let's admit it is a welcome change. I don't want to destroy anyone else on WoL going TBC-destro-lock mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    As TEHPALLYTANK said; without this change we would have needed a nerfed, based around that trinket, and anyone without that trinket would be rock bottom of DPS. My only concern now is in loot council guilds there will be the 'Well boomkins get it last, cause theirs will proc less often' arguement from all the non boomkins who don't understand how this works for boomkins and WHY it needed the 0.5 multiplier.

#guildbreakerinc
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    This trinket is broken for boomkins as much as for affi, fire mages or spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    They've specifically nerfed it for spriests so that they can only get the 100% on the initial duration of the dot.

As for affliction, the 100% crit only counts for the dots, and dot ticks triggered by malefic grasp and drain soul do not 100% crit for the duration.

It was far and away ridiculous for boomkins, which is why they nerfed it specifically for boomkins.

Deleted
    Now it's on the same dps gain level as the other good trinkets...but still incredibly harder to use efficiently. So yeah, not worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    You are wrong. Nobody is able to spam his hardest hitting spell every GCD, leading to a further increase of the buffed dots etc...thats why they fixed it for shadows, because they had a similar issue. I'm happy they nerfed it, it's an awfully designed trinket anyways.

This trinket is more broken for affliclock/firemage than it is for boomkin tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    This trinket is more broken for affliclock/firemage than it is for boomkin tbh
    I don't think so... afaik firemages only get pyro procs from hitting casts, which means only for the casts hitting the boss within those 4 seconds, while Moonkins greatly benefit from the proc long long long after the buff expired. Also Afflis can get ther full crit dot lanes rolling, but again, they won't be shooting Starsurges out of their arse, hitting for shittons :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I don't think so... afaik firemages only get pyro procs from hitting casts, which means only for the casts hitting the boss within those 4 seconds, while Moonkins greatly benefit from the proc long long long after the buff expired. Also Afflis can get ther full crit dot lanes rolling, but again, they won't be shooting Starsurges out of their arse, hitting for shittons :P
    This pretty much, I wondering if the reduced player rate will be enough to make this completely undesirable in PVP. I think in RBG, even with an EFC on 0 stacks of the flag debuff, getting 2-4 dots up with this trinket will be enough to down him solo with the SS that follow, may see boomkins humping FCs to make sure their proc isn't wasted lol
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    This pretty much, I wondering if the reduced player rate will be enough to make this completely undesirable in PVP. I think in RBG, even with an EFC on 0 stacks of the flag debuff, getting 2-4 dots up with this trinket will be enough to down him solo with the SS that follow, may see boomkins humping FCs to make sure their proc isn't wasted lol
    I'm waiting for those nasty moments...UVLS procs, CA, dot 3-4 target and penetrate FC with GCD starsurges...use Incarnation and your other CDs and you will be pretty much unhealable unless CCed :P

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    As TEHPALLYTANK said; without this change we would have needed a nerfed, based around that trinket, and anyone without that trinket would be rock bottom of DPS. My only concern now is in loot council guilds there will be the 'Well boomkins get it last, cause theirs will proc less often' arguement from all the non boomkins who don't understand how this works for boomkins and WHY it needed the 0.5 multiplier.

#guildbreakerinc
    Eh, if slippy's analysis is right, Cha-Ye's and Hydra are better now. Also has the advantage of not having to wait for the last boss of the instance to get a goddamn trinket.

It won't be once every 45 seconds. Based on practice and tests from PTR for every caster spec the average uptime of the trinket was less than 5%, which is lower than Stormlash Totem. The rPPM on it is so low that sometimes players only saw 1-2 occurrences of it over a 10 minute encounter. The core problem with this trinket aside from the sheer randomness and unreliability of its proc is that the window is so small that you can't fit in barely more than 1 cast unless you purely use gcds and have lightning reflexes. Moonkins were also noticing that it would proc a lot when they were between eclipse, forcing them to stop what they were doing to go for a brief DoT spam and un-buffed Starsurge use, which isn't optimal.

Right now I don't believe that any class will use this trinket as their BiS for any situation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Now it's on the same dps gain level as the other good trinkets...but still incredibly harder to use efficiently. So yeah, not worth it anymore.
    ^ Exactly this.

Infracted. Don't post responses with only "this".
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-03-07 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    It won't be once every 45 seconds. Based on practice and tests from PTR for every caster spec the average uptime of the trinket was less than 5%, which is lower than Stormlash Totem. The rPPM on it is so low that sometimes players only saw 1-2 occurrences of it over a 10 minute encounter. The core problem with this trinket aside from the sheer randomness and unreliability of its proc is that the window is so small that you can't fit in barely more than 1 cast unless you purely use gcds and have lightning reflexes. Moonkins were also noticing that it would proc a lot when they were between eclipse, forcing them to stop what they were doing to go for a brief DoT spam and un-buffed Starsurge use, which isn't optimal.

Right now I don't believe that any class will use this trinket as their BiS for any situation.

Thinking about the possibility of the trinket proccing just as Sha submerges, for example, is making me shudder.

itll be a fun trinket to dick around with on farm content, quite possibly pulling off some insane parses. unfortunately, thats about it.