Thread: Campfire???!

Campfire???!

Can anyone tell me why the cooking profession's campfire gives 4 spirit?
    Last edited by dandex; 2013-03-05 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because sitting next to a warm fire makes you feel content...?

Honestly, this needed a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a nice, toasty campfire will keep up anyone's spirits on a cold and stormy night.

Seriously, thats the idea behind it.

That and back in vanilla, downtime during solo play was an actual thing and 4 spirit was *almost* not negligible.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because sitting next to a warm fire makes you feel content...?

Honestly, this needed a thread?
    I think that's the answer right there, And yes, a rather silly thread

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a relic of old.

Creating campfires was once part of the minor trade skill called "Survival Skills" in the beta of WoW. This profession included the Basic Campfire, that allowed people to cook anywhere and gave a minor spirit buff, and a Bright Campfire that gave a slightly larger spirit buff. It also included torches, that you wielded like a weapon and it would give you a spirit buff aura, and a slightly increased light bonus at night.

The buff has most lightly stayed for the sake of nostalgia.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I'm pretty sure Spirit used to increase HP regen. The campfire was a tool to help recover HP and Mana while adding to the RP aspect of the game.

that buff used to be useful back in the older expansions...Wotlk took it away...or rather we all out grew it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

4 spirit was never worth the effort of building a fire for it, not even during vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    It's a relic of old.

Creating campfires was once part of the minor trade skill called "Survival Skills" in the beta of WoW. This profession included the Basic Campfire, that allowed people to cook anywhere and gave a minor spirit buff, and a Bright Campfire that gave a slightly larger spirit buff. It also included torches, that you wielded like a weapon and it would give you a spirit buff aura, and a slightly increased light bonus at night.

The buff has most lightly stayed for the sake of nostalgia.
    Even simpler than that: The buff simply stayed because it would be more effort to remove it than just leave it be, and there is no practical benefit to removing it.