Thread: Blood fear

Blood fear

Sine we know blood fear is now the most worthless spell warlocks have.what other talent will you choose for pvp burning rush or unbound will?
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2013-03-05 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Sine we know blood fear is now the most worthless spell warlocks have what other talent will to choos for pvp burning rush or unbound will?
    Well if your human you get EMFH.
    It isn't the most worthless spell we have.

Completely missed the question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Sine we know blood fear is now the most worthless spell warlocks have.what other talent will you choose for pvp burning rush or unbound will?
    Burning Rush is horrible in pvp and unbound will is too expensive hp-wise to be reliable in dangerous situations.
    Blood Fear is still the best talent in that tier by far and if you use it well it can be a pretty good self-peel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Burning Rush is horrible in pvp and unbound will is too expensive hp-wise to be reliable in dangerous situations.
    Blood Fear is still the best talent in that tier by far and if you use it well it can be a pretty good self-peel.
    i agree, blood fear is actually pretty good vs melee. if you're up against a wiz comp might as well switch it out for UW because.. why not, extra tool at least.

Blood Horror vs. most comps imo actually - all double melee, any warrior/DK/Feral + caster, KFC. It's not Blood Fear, but it's semi-reliable way of buying yourself 4 seconds. Not awful at all.

Unbound Will for caster cleaves (which we may fight 1 in 10 matches), and possibly for Rogue/Caster comps depending on how likely you'll be targeted.

No one is ever gonna take Burning Rush for serious pvp. You only need it when you're being attacked and when you're being attacked, you can't afford the HP to use it. Awful design.

Talking about pvp, we have a total crap tier 4 talents:
    1) New Blood fear is horrible if some pet attacks you
    2) burning Rush is ridiculous in pvp, 50% increased speed (150% total) but any imparing efect will put you in 100% again. 10 seconds of BR = 40% of your max HP, lol. It's a joke.
    3) Unbound Will has potential to be good, but the health cost is tooooooooooooooooooo much to use in pvp.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Sadly, the blood fear replacement is still going to be the better option in my opinion too.
    Well, if you´re playing with a healer watching over you, then UW is nice, but otherwise it is just too dangerous.

And like mentioned before, getting hit by pets wasting our horror is going to suck real bad. We def need something better in this Tier...

Unbound Will is extremely good against pretty much anyone, but I still think Warlocks will use Blood Horror against melee teams. Its stronger than Death Coil if you know it is going to go off, and Horror doesn't DR fear or break on damage.

I also think I read somewhere that Blood Horror will not be consumed by pet attacks but I could be imagining that, I didn't test.

Using Unbound Will against a CC you are going to take more than that amount of damage in, or to clear a whole sting of debuffs is very good I would encourage you to try it. It definitely ruins most mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    2) burning Rush is ridiculous in pvp, 50% increased speed (150% total) but any imparing efect will put you in 100% again. 10 seconds of BR = 40% of your max HP, lol. It's a joke.
    3) Unbound Will has potential to be good, but the health cost is tooooooooooooooooooo much to use in pvp.
    When I was testing it Blood Horror didn't work against pets. Could have changed. Anyway it's a decent duel/random BG talent, but it's just very situational in arena. You have to be sure you will be focused, and even then 4 seconds on one target isn't much.

Burning Rush isn't a good solo talent, but I prefer this in 3s when I know I'm going to be focused and it has pretty good synergy with KJC.

I still like UW though for arena. The 20% health cost doesn't mean anything in arena and is worth it against everything but double melee.

Why all the hate against UW? It's a great talent and the only reason people haven't used it much was because blood fear was stupidly OP. It allows you to trinket a sheep, warrior fear, blind, etc. to peel for your partners or stay offensive while saving your regular trinket in case they switch on you. The health cost means nothing if you're not the one being trained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    i thought it didnt but maybe it does fear pets and i've been lucky.. still good. the cd allows you to time it so its not a big detractor.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    When I was testing it Blood Horror didn't work against pets. Could have changed. Anyway it's a decent duel/random BG talent, but it's just very situational in arena. You have to be sure you will be focused, and even then 4 seconds on one target isn't much.

Burning Rush isn't a good solo talent, but I prefer this in 3s when I know I'm going to be focused and it has pretty good synergy with KJC.

I still like UW though for arena. The 20% health cost doesn't mean anything in arena and is worth it against everything but double melee.
    oh yea - thats what i've experienced too. so we're good.. it's a solid talent all around than. 20% means a fk ton in arena btw.. you use that in any situation that you're being trained and it'll be a bad scene.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-03-05 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for arena, you'll typically be using blood horror against melee cleaves and unbound will against everything else.
    Blood horror is only good when you can get the full potential out of it, which in my opinion is only possible against melee cleaves. And aside from that; unbound will is simply too expensive to be used against a melee cleave.

As for burning rush, it has its advantages for RBG/BG, but because of the healthcost, it's something you'll likely never see in the hands of the average player.

Pets dont trigger it.
    Doesnt dr with fear, forsaken raciel and lich borne wont break it.

Melee only gg hunters.
    AMS before hit pops it and fails to immune target.

Its pretty much a howl or death coil only worse except for it being horror not fear.

Blood Horror will be your pick vs melee team (monk-rogue-dk maybe hunters too )are getting buffed a lot so you will face many of them.

Unbound Will will be your pick against caster teams. Mostly because you will be able to get out of many CCs. Unlike PvP trinket, its not so great to use it defencively (because of the hp cost), but mostly to get out of enemy cc .20% health cost to remove a deep freeze aint bad tradeoff anyways regarding the dmg you can get sitting on it.

Blood Rush is more of utility purposes, not for something specific.It is good as you are immune to slows for the time you use it, or some extra movement speed to kite or hunt someone, but its usage has to be limited or it will turn against you.

I think Blood Horror and Unbound Will will be used mostly in arenas for the reasons i mentioned b4, while Blood Rush and Unbound Will will be used for rated bgs mostly, were you can sacrifice some of your hp more freely .

In general is mostly like this

Blood Horror->Against melee classes (mostly arena)

Unbound Will->Vs caster teams for arena, or for Rated BGs to have more uptime dpsing (hp cost becomes less important, while there are many CCs around)

Blood Rush-> Mostly for rated bgs to hunt or kite someone, or simply to avoid some irritating slowing effects (some maps were mobility is more important than dmg, KjC with Blood Rush will be good instead of MF and UW)
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-03-06 at 08:01 PM.