Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    It is also ridiculous how they keep answering to people complaining about the totem/silence nerf, but never there is any mention of totems being destroyable and that being more a drawback than silences are even now. Against enemies who diligently stomp important totems, a shaman was already in over his head.
    People were simply to lazy to destroy totems, that's what.

Now they keep on going about uncounterable totems that deserved the silence nerf, but what about a hunters' trap? Cant do anything about them, can you? But they cant be destroyed nor (to my knowledge) are hunters unable to place them while silenced.
    100% agree. Blizzard were sick of receiving complaints from incompetent players who don't know how to switch targets to kill totems, so they capitulated, and simply refuse to be honest about this point. Given their "We're doing this, deal with it" attitude, I can't see what they have to lose by simply, honestly addressing this point.

As an aside, and as an Enhancement Shaman player in PvP, I do target switch to kill select totems. Not all of them are economical to destroy in every situation, such as Searing Totem (if you can destroy your opponent before it has the opportunity to do any real damage), but I do aim to take down Earthgrab/Earthbind, Healing Stream/Tide, and if I'm not being actively DPS'd, elemental totems. Capacitor can be troublesome to take down if talented, but you still have at least 3 seconds longer than almost every other stun in the game. There is no excuse for not destroying totems other than sheer incompetence, end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

15+ Year Old Account
    one good survivability cooldown that would let us stay alive throught initial burst in pvp for 6-10 sec its all i want seriously

i wonder how it menaged to stay that some clases have only good sides (frost mages for instance, good burst, good control and even beter survivability) in pvp departement and others have none like enh shaman (2 CCs where one have 45 sec cd and can be dispeled by dps specs Oo, and second 3-5 sec trigering stick that can be destroyed, outranged or dispeled lol, i will not start survivability discus here enough sayed that i need ~6 sec to burn all my defensive cds and im still dying on one stun duration)

ps have you noticed new oomkin tactic with solar beam and ursoc vortex or entangling roots, even they got more control than we do
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-03-18 at 09:51 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    one good survivability cooldown that would let us stay alive throught initial burst in pvp for 6-10 sec its all i want seriously

i wonder how it menaged to stay that some clases have only good sides (frost mages for instance, good burst, good control and even beter survivability) in pvp departement and others have none like enh shaman (2 CCs where one have 45 sec cd and can be dispeled by dps specs Oo, and second 3-5 sec trigering stick that can be destroyed, outranged or dispeled lol, i will not start survivability discus here enough sayed that i need ~6 sec to burn all my defensive cds and im still dying on one stun duration)

ps have you noticed new oomkin tactic with solar beam and ursoc vortex or entangling roots, even they got more control than we do
    DK + Frost Mage + Boomkin is the spine of every rbg team nowdays, their combo is insanely strong. Now then comes the 3 healer, Holy Pala + druid/shaman/priest/monk, thats already 6 slot. You need a hunter/feral/rogue for ninja caps, thats 7 so far. Good luck getting into those 3 spots as enhance
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-03-18 at 12:23 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Enhancement AoE shines on a fight like Horridon, where the adds are up for periods longer than 20 - 30 seconds, however this is only one fight out of an entire tier, we still struggle on Council of Elders, Tortos, Ji-Kun and Lei Shen, where AoE is more bursty orientated.
    I would debate Ji-kun. I was pretty high on add hatchling damage during our attempts. But it's perfectly suited to us. We have to run to the nest and wait for the eggs to hatch which gives our abilities a chance to come off CD. It's also 5 adds that live a decent chunk of time which incidentally is the right number of adds for glyphed CL. So in this case we have minimal ramp and can hit the ground running and we do ok. Agree on the other fights. Out of curiosity, do you stack for Ball Lightning?

Also to go back to target switching for a second, I did find we did exceptionally well on red adds on Durumu. It's logical though as with all the movement and the adds not being hittable until we're on top of them there is often time for our CDs to come back up. I have definitely found that 4pc helps with add burst as well so there's that.

Maybe not as bleak as originally expected but Council, Tortos and Lei Shen (this one worries me) are still sore spots. Council isn't even that bad we have one of the best suited interrupts so that aids with us getting slotted. So that leaves 2 bosses.