Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Yeah, not a chance the orcs would be lead by a human. They're only just getting the salty after-taste of losing the Second War and subsequently being imprisoned or hunted by the humans for decades out of their mouths, so being lead by a human now would just open up those old sores again. I think the majority would rather die than follow a human. Especially a Stormwinder.
    Stormwind was destroyed by the horde in the first war. In fact, it was the horde that provoked the humans to anger. The humans were only trying to defend their home world of Azeroth.

You seem to forget that it was the ORCS who went through the dark portal and started mercilessly butchering the humans in the first place. Get your facts straight.

Pfft. I'd rather take a Blood Elf warchief than a Human warchief, and that'll never happen.
    Last edited by Humbugged; 2013-03-05 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    The non-sequitur derp is reaching critical mass...and it's not even page 2 yet.

Talk about peaking early.

If a human did defect from the Alliance and wanted to help the Horde I highly doubt they'd accept him/her as anything more than an ally with inside info and even then I think they wouldn't trust him/her.

So no, a human won't be the Warchief, besides, Warchief is technically an orc title.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

Why not? I don't get the naysayers. Anyone can defect. It might not happen today or even within a century, but it could.
    SUCH INFRACTIONS
    MANY POST
    SO POWERFUL
    WOW

(Armory) | (Twitter)
    Global Moderator of MMO-Champion.com

hahahahahahahahahahahaha *takes breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ~ um..., no.

Nope. It wouldn't happen.

I guess some members of the Horde would be fine with it, but most probably won't accept that. Maybe the human could do something similar Varian did, when he earned the name Lo'gosh in the arena. Something like that could earn acceptance quite fast.

Would you ever see an Orc as the King of Stormwind? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why not? I don't get the naysayers. Anyone can defect. It might not happen today or even within a century, but it could.
    With so much change, would such a body still be the Horde?
    You are now future Jack Noir.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Can a mod take away Jaylocks ability to make threads, i mean seriously troll thread after troll thread. This is the dumbest stuff ever, it's like asking if a racist organization would appoint whoever they hate as their leader.
    How this kid gets away with the constant Jaylock flaming is beyond me.

OT: As i said before, i think it would be a quite interesting twist to have a human join the horde, gain favor in the eyes of the leadership and make his way up the ranks to eventually become warchief of the horde. There would be several avenues that Blizzard could take to make this happen, and to create new story lines and archs that extend well beyond this expansion into next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

OT: As i said before, i think it would be a quite interesting twist to have a human join the horde, gain favor in the eyes of the leadership and make his way up the ranks to eventually become warchief of the horde. There would be several avenues that Blizzard could take to make this happen, and to create new story lines and archs that extend well beyond this expansion into next expansion.
    It'd feel pretty forced in my opinion, and In the current day and age them gaining popular support would be impossible.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

It wasn't flaming it was a response to the idea, its pure insanity it would never happen its like an ex soviet becoming president of the US during the Bay of Pigs scandal, would America be okay with it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Interesting, yes. Accepted, no.

Your point stands, that the orcs started the war that now rages onwards. But on each side, they believe themselves to be the ones who are right in fighting. The orcs are completely against humans. The undead are against humans. Trolls, against humans. Belfs, against humans. That's more than half of the body of the Horde right there. The Warchief is not just leader of the Orcs anymore- He leads the Horde. And no matter how much a human wanted to, they would NEVER be trusted by the body of the Horde. Hell, even trying to get in good with the Orcs might put him on bad terms with others in the Horde for that matter.

Would it be an interesting story, to watch a human gain trust in the Horde? Hell yeah it would. But no, it would never be enough to earn a leadership role, nor should it be. The Horde is too prejudiced against humans. If the Horde changed enough to allow a human leader, it would no longer be the Horde; It would be a neutral faction.

It wasn't flaming it was a response to the idea, its pure insanity it would never happen its like an ex soviet becoming president of the US during the Bay of Pigs scandal, would America be okay with it.
    Actually you advocating for him losing post privileges is pretty flame-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Actually you advocating for him losing post privileges is pretty flame-y.
    Not losing posting but thread creation yeah and it was more of a joke than a serious plea but it was more a response to the idea of humans leading orcs and orcs accepting it, come on its nuts and feels alot like a troll thread.(Not saying it is a troll thread)

Plus you think the Horde hates Garrosh as warchief just think if it was Anduin
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-03-05 at 08:06 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

No, and it wouldnt make sense.

The Warchief needs to be an Orc.

Thrall is the only real choice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I made the exception with Tirion, because of his bromance with Eitrigg.
    I don't think even Tirion would be accepted as Warchief, but I don't think any serious Horde military types, of any race, would be dumb enough to think he couldn't lead them in battle. But, hey, even Varian led a joint army in "Stormrage". I think. I kinda started to skim the Knaakier that book got.

I don't think the Warchief needs to be an Orc, it just needs to be someone the Orcs will respect. Vol'jin or Baine fit that without question. Lor'themar is the toughest sell there, and I think about the only way they could even go there would be for Lor'themar to do what Cairne tried to do -- mak'gora. There would be something poetic, at least from the Thalassian perspective, of Orcs submitting to be led by one of them that way. But since we can probably assume that is not how Garrosh will leave power, that probably is of no help. Sylvanas is someone Orcs or any non-Forsaken would probably only follow out of fear, not loyalty.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2013-03-05 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    No, and it wouldnt make sense.

The Warchief needs to be an Orc.

Thrall is the only real choice right now.
    Thrall would not be a good choice imo. He doesn't want the job anyway.

Not losing posting but thread creation yeah and it was more of a joke than a serious plea but it was more a response to the idea of humans leading orcs and orcs accepting it, come on its nuts and feels alot like a troll thread.(Not saying it is a troll thread)

Plus you think the Horde hates Garrosh as warchief just think if it was Anduin
    Well think about it. If a human was really upset with his own faction, and defected to the horde, and gave his whole soul and allegiance to the horde. And after years of proving himself a worth asset to the horde, you dont think they would accept him as one of their own?

I think we see that sort of thing all the time with neutral races, why not a race that happens to be a part of the opposing faction switch sides and be completely horde friendly. Drinking in with the traditions of the horde, giving in to lasciviousness, idleness, and savagery.

Just think of a big, monstrous, tatted up human with orc tribal markings and possibly a little demonic nature to him. He would fit right in with all those green skinned brutes.

What u think, ofcourse not >_>

Another glorious thread by Jaylock
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3