Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It'd be possible, but we'd have to be talking about one scary bastard here, a wild-beast-man-of-the-hills with a thousand screaming hairy horsemen at his back. The sort of fellow, in short, who would be rolling siege towers up to the gates of civilization anyway. Anyone from the kingdom of Stormwind, or Gilneas, or Dalaran, or just about any of the known human kingdoms would be right out. Inside information or not.
    I see what you mean, a half human/orc might be able to get a decent Horde Rank but still not Warchief.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if a human were to gain a high position in the Horde they would still be looked down upon by the more patriotic factions similar to the way the Kor'kron in UC speak to undead players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well think about it. If a human was really upset with his own faction, and defected to the horde, and gave his whole soul and allegiance to the horde. And after years of proving himself a worth asset to the horde, you dont think they would accept him as one of their own?

I think we see that sort of thing all the time with neutral races, why not a race that happens to be a part of the opposing faction switch sides and be completely horde friendly. Drinking in with the traditions of the horde, giving in to lasciviousness, idleness, and savagery.

Just think of a big, monstrous, tatted up human with orc tribal markings and possibly a little demonic nature to him. He would fit right in with all those green skinned brutes.
    Wow, completely missing the point of the Horde.
    Twas brillig

Are you asking me to stop punting gnomes?

Same answer different question. NEVER!

If a human were to "defect" to the horde, and became a powerful figure, would the horde ever accept him to be their Warchief?

I think it would be brilliant on the horde's part because the human would know much more about the alliance, and everything about them to give the horde a better advantage over their enemies.
    lol ya b ut u dont make them the freakin warchief

first lieutenant at best.

Only if we kill him/her and they come back as a Forsaken. Other than that nooooooooooooooo!

Humans are too weak. alot less strength than an average orc and they are less honorable.

and their battlecry's are quiet. Only humans that are as powerful in physical mass are such as lothar, varian and people like uther. But even they have alot less strength than an equal ranked orc.
    Lothar wasnt as powerful as Doomhammer. Maybe as good fighter but orcs are all about brutal strength, some are shamans and warlocks but even they are more physically powerful than a human mage or a priest.

And human are bound to fear alot easier than orcs. And they are easier to influence because they dont keep honor as valuable as the orcs.

Besides if a human ever wanted to become a warchief he would have to slay the former one in a honorable duel. This aint necromangi in which they could just kill the leader and own all his belongings and power.

And there are many more moral reasons why a human can never be warchief of the horde. :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lestuniem View Post
    I'm just going to throw this in here:

First of all, no, I don't think they'd accept human as warchief. It's just not realistic in the current state of things.
    If I'd have to think of the best option for Warchief of the Horde it'd have to be Sylvanas.

HOWEVER

It is inevitable, and I bet my (character's) life on it and see it as 100% guaranteed that one day Alliance and Horde will JOIN as a coalition in order to fight something which would otherwise destroy us all. I think we can agree that's pretty much inevitable.

In that situation they'd pretty much have no choice but to sometimes obey orders from human in tide of battle, but that's as far as it goes I imagine.
    Already happened... War of the Shifting Sands/Gates of the Ahn'Qiraj remember? and some others but cant quite remember as much as i remember the War of the Shifting Sand.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Not since Varimathras because we have been betrayed before like this and we would trust a human even less especially since Theramore. I think the Horde is waiting for a strong retaliation from the Alliance so there is paranoia and even if they let a human in he would never see a high rank and never ever warchief.
    Ehm... Well; everyone always knew Varimathras was just biding his time... His betrayal was to be expected.
    To compare a human who's liked be everyone to a demon who's... Well; nót... Would be odd, indeed.

Basically: Would a human warchief be possible? Sure.

But let's follow a few steps of logic, here:
    There's millions of Hordies.
    There's only a very small amount of human hordies. As in: Not enough to appear in-game at all ever. Well; not the living ones, anyway.
    Then there's only a very few amount of people who are exceptional enough to even be part of the 'upper crew.' The mercenaries/adventurers (us) and the major lore characters.
    A live human is not among the upper crew of the Horde.

Ergo: While the idea of a human warchief is not impossible per sé, it is so incredibly unlikely as to be completely negligible.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Already happened... War of the Shifting Sands/Gates of the Ahn'Qiraj remember? and some others but cant quite remember as much as i remember the War of the Shifting Sand.
    Well there was Wrathgate - Putress put a stop to that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post

THAT was the way things should get done, none of this Ashen Verdict or Cenarion Offensive into the firelands crud.

I'm glad they sort of brought it back with the Sunreavers and Kirin Tor both attacking the Thunder Isle here.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh well lets see, humans

- Are the orcs mortal enemy.
    - They held them in slave camps for years.
    - They wouldn't let them leave kalimdor and start a life without pursuing them.
    - Humans regard orcs as filth on a daily basis

So.. no, really, for the same reason you will ever see an orc as part of the alliance.
    Didnt you get banned?... :P

Deleted
    Stormwind was destroyed by the horde in the first war. In fact, it was the horde that provoked the humans to anger. The humans were only trying to defend their home world of Azeroth.

You seem to forget that it was the ORCS who went through the dark portal and started mercilessly butchering the humans in the first place. Get your facts straight.
    A little moot responding now, but I won't dodge a retort to my post if I see it.

That's exactly my point. The orcs value strength, perhaps above all else. After all, sometimes an orc will just grunt, "Stregth.", at you as a farewell. They pwned Stormwind, pwned it with several unfair advantages, but pwned it none the less. I imagine that the orcs could think of nothing worse than to be ruled by a subject of the kingdom they levelled when they first invaded Azeroth. They might show Lothar some respect but considering he's been in the ground for a couple of decades now, that doesn't count for much.

I think the orcs would be less bothered by being ruled over by a human from, say, Lordaeron, seeing as, with aces like the paladins of the Silver Hand, the rangers of Quel'Thalas and the Wildhammer gryphon riders up their sleeve, they beat the Doomhammer's Horde by quite a margin. But, as fate would have it, most of the humans of Lordaeron are Forsaken now and they answer (reluctantly) to the Warchief (for now anyway).

The main population of humans lies in Stormwind now and the orcs would not accept being ruled over by a defeated opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    A little moot responding now, but I won't dodge a retort to my post if I see it.

That's exactly my point. The orcs value strength, perhaps above all else. After all, sometimes an orc will just grunt, "Stregth.", at you as a farewell. They pwned Stormwind, pwned it with several unfair advantages, but pwned it none the less. I imagine that the orcs could think of nothing worse than to be ruled by a subject of the kingdom they levelled when they first invaded Azeroth. They might show Lothar some respect but considering he's been in the ground for a couple of decades now, that doesn't count for much.

I think the orcs would be less bothered by being ruled over by a human from, say, Lordaeron, seeing as, with aces like the paladins of the Silver Hand, the rangers of Quel'Thalas and the Wildhammer gryphon riders up their sleeve, they beat the Doomhammer's Horde by quite a margin. But, as fate would have it, most of the humans of Lordaeron are Forsaken now and they answer (reluctantly) to the Warchief (for now anyway).

The main population of humans lies in Stormwind now and the orcs would not accept being ruled over by a defeated opponent.
    Rather... loaded terminology there regarding the Second War...
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    If a human were to "defect" to the horde, and became a powerful figure, would the horde ever accept him to be their Warchief?

I think it would be brilliant on the horde's part because the human would know much more about the alliance, and everything about them to give the horde a better advantage over their enemies.
    Short answer? No.

Longer answer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I guess from a story perspective it could seem interesting..

BUT there are loads of reasons why it would be ridiculous within the wow setting.

First and foremost, the Human leader, being a breakaway from the Ali, I don't think any Horde would ever trust that he would have their own best interests at heart. The horde would entirely become some human guys tool for revenge against the Alliance? I don't think that would sit well with them.

To be GENUINE in his leadership of the Horde, he'd have to legitamately believe that the Horde are superior, the Ali should be crushed.. which takes a really crazy amount of self loathing and inferiority issues, and bias against an ENTIRE race, that I don't think would appeal to the Horde much either.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-06 at 12:06 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Generic relatable protagonist joins a foreign culture, adopts their ways and becomes a prominent member of their society against all odds...

Where have I seen that before, I wonder ?

Oh yeah, Hollywood. Guess we've found the plot of the Warcraft movie.
    Last edited by Sealed; 2013-03-06 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non alliance humans joining the horde, and one of them becoming warchief somehow? Sure why not. I'd rather have a human than that traitor Vol'jin. Too bad he didn't die when that orc stabbed him in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Non alliance humans joining the horde, and one of them becoming warchief somehow? Sure why not. I'd rather have a human than that traitor Vol'jin. Too bad he didn't die when that orc stabbed him in the neck.
    Vol'jin has been a member of the Horde for much, much longer than Garrosh. But then, this is probably flamebait anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    not until you remove those tumors you call muscles from your body, get less ugly faces, and better hairstyles

VIVA LA RESISTANCE

Technically anyone can become the warchief all they gotta do is issue a Mak'gora http://www.wowpedia.org/Mak%27gora and defeat the incumbent

Kinda weird that cairne was the only one to have the balls to do it while the other so called leaders just stand around plotting

I mean FFS Vol'jin and Theron get into that ring and defeat garrosh or just STFU will you