Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess from a story perspective it could seem interesting..

BUT there are loads of reasons why it would be ridiculous within the wow setting.

First and foremost, the Human leader, being a breakaway from the Ali, I don't think any Horde would ever trust that he would have their own best interests at heart. The horde would entirely become some human guys tool for revenge against the Alliance? I don't think that would sit well with them.

To be GENUINE in his leadership of the Horde, he'd have to legitamately believe that the Horde are superior, the Ali should be crushed.. which takes a really crazy amount of self loathing and inferiority issues, and bias against an ENTIRE race, that I don't think would appeal to the Horde much either.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-06 at 12:06 AM.

Generic relatable protagonist joins a foreign culture, adopts their ways and becomes a prominent member of their society against all odds...

Where have I seen that before, I wonder ?

Oh yeah, Hollywood. Guess we've found the plot of the Warcraft movie.
    Last edited by Sealed; 2013-03-06 at 12:16 AM.

Non alliance humans joining the horde, and one of them becoming warchief somehow? Sure why not. I'd rather have a human than that traitor Vol'jin. Too bad he didn't die when that orc stabbed him in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Non alliance humans joining the horde, and one of them becoming warchief somehow? Sure why not. I'd rather have a human than that traitor Vol'jin. Too bad he didn't die when that orc stabbed him in the neck.
    Vol'jin has been a member of the Horde for much, much longer than Garrosh. But then, this is probably flamebait anyway.

not until you remove those tumors you call muscles from your body, get less ugly faces, and better hairstyles

VIVA LA RESISTANCE
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

Technically anyone can become the warchief all they gotta do is issue a Mak'gora http://www.wowpedia.org/Mak%27gora and defeat the incumbent

Kinda weird that cairne was the only one to have the balls to do it while the other so called leaders just stand around plotting

I mean FFS Vol'jin and Theron get into that ring and defeat garrosh or just STFU will you

Hmmm Varian challenging Garrosh to a Mak'gora and then leading both Stormwind and the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Hmmm Varian challenging Garrosh to a Mak'gora and then leading both Stormwind and the Horde.
    I like the way you think.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

The Horde would accept anyone as their own or even their leader as long as the person is valuable.

Would the alliance accept an orc as its hero? They couldn't even accept an orc saving the world as the main hero of an expansion, so it speaks for itself.

So, no, the horde has the right to step on every humans grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Would the alliance accept an orc as its hero? They couldn't even accept an orc saving the world as the main hero of an expansion, so it speaks for itself.

So, no, the horde has the right to step on every humans grave.
    The op seems to be talking from a lore perspective rather than player perspective.

Either way, it would never work.

I'd prefer if the Alliance in victory over the Horde installed a puppet Warchief in Orgrimmar who is pliable to their will. This could be a human, but perhaps an orc would be more acceptable to the locals.

Also; angry horde burns down Darnassus. Can't stress this enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The op seems to be talking from a lore perspective rather than player perspective.

Either way, it would never work.
    it always come down to player perspective in these debates, nobody can think on a lore characters terms.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    ... where do you even get ideas like this jaylock?
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Don't need a human for an ex-alliance warchief.

Lor'themar for warchief. Ex-alliance, knows their workings, and is a strategist who can put the horde's raw strength to better use than Garrosh, who doesn't even see the value in the Trolls' and Forsaken's underhanded tactics and the Blood Elves' magic, doesn't understand the Tauren's and Pandaren's honor, and doesn't understand that brute force isn't always the way to get Goblins to cooperate because he doesn't understand diplomacy.

Now, watch a grand total of only like 5 people agree with my opinion because "Blood Elves look gay" and, as we know, looks are more important than anything ever (and the ones that do agree, agree not because of any merit, but because "Blood Elves are sexy"):
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Never. Not in a Million years.

Any Orc would cut down a Human that stepped up as Warchief.

No Troll would care for a Human Chief, nor would a Tauren.

Goblins would likely be bitter from the Alliances attack in their starting zone.

Blood Elves would be the ones willing to at least listen...before utterly rejecting.

Forsaken would merely laugh and toss a blight bomb right at them.

AKA Thrall?

It is so freaking remarkable how the lessons taught in pandaria have completely missed so many people. People learned nothing of what was taught there.

Sure, and the Draenei will have Gallywixx to replace Velen.

OP, you argument fails, because you come at it in such a one sided angle i could almost swear you ignore people telling you that people play alliance AND horde. Do you honestly think people on the horde are all npcs and the game is purely from alliance perspective?