Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I don't really care who is at the top as long as they represent the horde's people and it's values.

The horde has progressed far beyond a rampaging rabble driven by demonic fury.

Don't forget that there is no suggestion that this would lead to any kind of deal with the alliance. The leader would still be opposed to the alliance.

I believe that of the 2 factions in WoW the horde is the one more likely to judge a person by the content of their character and nothing else. Sure, there are nutjobs in the horde, but by the end of the expansion there should be a significant reduction in that kind of thing.

As an aside, it's worth noting that the majority of major faction leaders throughout WoW have been pretty moderate with only a few exceptions (during the timeline of WoW, not beforehand during the RTS storylines). This will be quite deliberate, as creating a leader with political views that are too extreme will either alienate players (even disregarding the rest of his character Garrosh's extremism is a huge part of why people dislike him) or potentially attract the types of people that the media has a field day with when they find out that they play WoW. I just feel that as a whole the horde has more progressive politics, whilst the alliance sticks to old values for far longer.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2013-04-05 at 12:54 AM.

I like how people shoot this idea down at first glance. You need to think beyond what you see in game. But in my opinion, you'd need to do some damn fine story writing for this to make sense. And even then people would reject the idea.

Stood in the Fire Number Eighteen's Avatar
    While there have been cases of a Tauren joining the Alliance, and a Human being Horde-alligned, killing said Tauren (this occured in the RPG, and can thus be considered as non-canon, however), and Thrall allowed Human traders into Orgrimmar (think this is mentioned in some books, if not - again RPG)....

No, the Horde would never make a Human their Warchief. While right now, the Alliance and non-Orcish Horde find a common enemy in Garrosh Hellscream - the amounts of mistrust and tension is still there. Keep in mind, the Forsaken despise the living as a whole. The Blood Elves have little care for the Humans because of the acts of Garithos, the tolerance of High Elves and the Purge of Dalaran (Lor'themar's actions, as well as those of Halduron and Rommath do not speak for all of the Blood Elves). Goblins are indifferent, so long as it pays off. Trolls had to deal with Human attacks during the founding of Durotar, however Humans allowed Trolls to live during the 4.1 Rise of the Zandalari storyline to begin the quests at the docks of Stormwind.

Now, if we take it to the Orcs themselves... they are aside from the Forest Trolls, the Human's oldest enemy. First and Second Wars, the Internment Camps & Durnholde. A portion of the Third War. The attack on Durotar during the founding of it, the retaliation on Theramore. Majority of Wrath of the Lich King all the way to Mists. Those are PLENTY of years to be hating and hold grudges. I mean, Blizzard is currently making 'hints' of Lor'themar becoming Warchief and I doubt people like that...considering Blood Elves aren't so tied-in with the Horde like the Trolls or Tauren. Let alone a Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Would the alliance accept an orc as its hero? They couldn't even accept an orc saving the world as the main hero of an expansion, so it speaks for itself.

So, no, the horde has the right to step on every humans grave.
    In what way accept? Has anyone ever denied that Thrall helped saving the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Don't need a human for an ex-alliance warchief.

Lor'themar for warchief. Ex-alliance, knows their workings, and is a strategist who can put the horde's raw strength to better use than Garrosh, who doesn't even see the value in the Trolls' and Forsaken's underhanded tactics and the Blood Elves' magic, doesn't understand the Tauren's and Pandaren's honor, and doesn't understand that brute force isn't always the way to get Goblins to cooperate because he doesn't understand diplomacy.

Now, watch a grand total of only like 5 people agree with my opinion because "Blood Elves look gay" and, as we know, looks are more important than anything ever (and the ones that do agree, agree not because of any merit, but because "Blood Elves are sexy"):
    I'd actually have no problem with Lor'themar as Warchief, he seems like a cool chap ;]

Er... no, don't be silly.

Would the Alliance accept an Orc King of Stormwind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I could potentially see a group of humans betray the Alliance and attempt to join the Horde, or maybe a group not aligned to the Alliance try to join the Horde, but I can't see them gaining any authority within the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er... no, don't be silly.

Would the Alliance accept an Orc King of Stormwind?
    If anduin's Future wife births an orc. Kings are born.

If that would happen I'm going back to the Lichking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If anduin's Future wife births an orc. Kings are born.
    Kings are also assasinated from time to time.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Only if it's Anduin could I see that happen, he already has the respect of the Tauren... and I think the trolls wouldn't mind him either... that leaves the orcs, goblins, undead and belves... out of these I only see the orcs and undead as really hating the humans, heck blood elves even considered coming back to ally side so they can still be persuaded... goblins would go with whoever is bringing them money, and the orcs could eventually be persuaded by thrall, considering the remaining orcs are thrall loyalists...

And anyway after the SoO they will prolly anyone they can depending on how much the Ally helps ... so they might accept a human as Warchief in order to stop the War and help them rebuild... Or it could be just a councilor to the Warchief ... anyway yeah I could see it happen with the right story development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    Never. Not in a Million years.
    This^^ (10 chars)

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well Anduin has turned out to be pretty much a pussy so far. He and all his "we are more than this" rhetoric when you do the white prince quest to get into the vale is just plain retarded. So it wouldn't surprise me if he defected and went to join the coward horde.
    I think you mean "White Tiger quest"

Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Kings have an affection for knives in the neck.

He would die by the hand of Orc and Troll alike, both suffered greatly under the humans.

But of course if Broxigar the red returns, he would be king of all. He already has a statue among the nightelves ;P
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

When this happens it is definitly time to play a new game. Seems the alliance fans are strog this days comming up with weird ideas like this or the occupation in orgrimmar. Still waiting for an stormwind raid in a future patch :P
    Character(s): Oldish, Laverne || Guild(s): Exitus - MM || Sig by ql1max

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Kings are also assasinated from time to time.
    In wow, they very often conveniently Have a son as Backup. I Don't Know what would happen if they Don't. Brother, sister, Cousin. At least you dont take the title of king, its a birthright. The warchiefs title is Not.

@A human becoming Warchief, I doubt it. There seems to be a few requirements, namely that you be a great, honorable military leader to be accepted as a leader of the Horde. A human would probably be seen as a race traitor by the population and that'd probably put him at a severe disadvantage.

@An orc becoming King; impossible. At best, if Varian manages to get the shiggydiggy on with an Orc, she'll spit out a half-orc- But I doubt that he'd actually marry her, making the right to rule incredibly difficult to get. Anduin seems pretty liberal, so he might marry an Orc and pop out a half-orc.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    In wow, they very often conveniently Have a son as Backup. I Don't Know what would happen if they Don't. Brother, sister, Cousin. At least you dont take the title of king, its a birthright. The warchiefs title is Not.
    If there are no relatives left another noble line would step up to take the reins I guess. King is a title as well, it isn't bound to one specific blood line, Lothar for example was not king of Stormwind even though his line ruled all of humanity at one point, but lost most of their power over time.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

I don't see it happening anytime soon...lmao

Varok Saurfang challenges this post and it's creator! Does a human have what it takes to lead the Horde?

I didn't think so! Lok'tar ogar puny human! FOR THE HORDE!!
    Last edited by Budong; 2013-04-05 at 11:42 AM.