Thread: PvP fury

PvP fury

Is there a reason why fury warriors don't use a 2h MH and 1h OH for the added pvp power? Does the OH pvp power not stack? Any thoughts...

Deleted
    I've posted about it just yesterday, I can't post links yet but it is titled "Fury warr using the 2h/1h PvP power frig"

I find the extra PvP power very noticable.

Yes it does stack. But the problem with Fury is it is a bursty spec and burst only works well in "some" PvP scenarios. When all those cooldowns are down, and your burst got countered (e.g., vs. defensive cooldowns on your target), you are the weaker spec then arms in arena.

But overall for anyone who isn't aiming for high rank in arena, I would say for fun factor alone (for an unstoppable top damage bladestorm) it's worth the switch, at least until they nerf it.

I'd also argue Fury has great potential in RBG's, sent in at the right time the "extra pvp power" burst damage is certainly going to turn the tide at a standoff.
    Last edited by mmoc5334a47c90; 2013-03-06 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Your off-hand will be doing crap dmg since you dont get that 35% 1h buff from wearing a 2h. Wildstrikes will do crap dmg, off-hand hit for raging blow will be crap, white offhand hits will be crap... you get the point.

What would be better for fury PvP is if you get an HC 2hander for main hand and pvp 2hander in off hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Your off-hand will be doing crap dmg since you dont get that 35% 1h buff from wearing a 2h. Wildstrikes will do crap dmg, off-hand hit for raging blow will be crap, white offhand hits will be crap... you get the point.

What would be better for fury PvP is if you get an HC 2hander for main hand and pvp 2hander in off hand.
    All good points, but it is an extra 10% PvP power - arguably a good option for certain attacks especially those that use mainhand weapon power.

The real thing that makes it fall on it's face is the GCD from weapon swaps. If not for that I'd have the ideal setup, swapping to Shin'ka offhand for RB and WS, and back to 1h PvP offhand for BT and CS (and the occasional HS).

Are there any training dummies which allow us to test PvP power or are they all PvE? I wanna see which setup gives the most bladestorm damage; Shin'ka or 1h Pvp wep.

Isn't pvp power on weapons unique? Am I missing something, I just got up so my brain hasn't finished booting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Isn't pvp power on weapons unique? Am I missing something, I just got so my brain hasn't finished booting up.
    On the 2-handers it's unique otherwise everyone would be Fury..
    But this is about using a 2h and 1h combo, which is allowed and does stack. I get around 59% PvP power doing it (vs 49%), but the question is, is it worth the tradeoff on lower weapon damage. Like I can tell you now, using Shin'ka offhand does a crapload more WS damage than the 1h PvP wep, but that's against a PvE dummy.
    Last edited by mmoc5334a47c90; 2013-03-06 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silkmmo View Post
    On the 2-handers it's unique otherwise everyone would be Fury..
    But this is about using a 2h and 1h combo, which is allowed and does stack. I get around 59% PvP power doing it (vs 49%), but the question is, is it worth the tradeoff on lower weapon damage. Like I can tell you now, using Shin'ka offhand does a crapload more WS damage than the 1h PvP wep, but that's against a PvE dummy.

Could be interesting to get a healer friend to do some dps tests on. To check both burst and overall dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.