Leveling lock Middle range dungeons

Right. Have been leveling a lock for the past... Year now Not really been a priority at all. Its the only class i do not have above lvl 80.

However. Now its lvl 67. Mostly doing quests and just cruising through it with chaosbolt of doom.

But the last 2 days. Ive tried doing a dungeon or 2. But im underperforming like hell and you know how the wow poplation is now days. If they can bitch. They bitch.

Here is my problem. I have tried all 3 specs. No matter what i use. Things just die to frikking fast. Dots is totaly out of the question. Before i can dot up 2 mobs. the rest of the group is dead. Dots tick 1-2 times at most.

Spamming bolts is the only thing i can do. and most of the time. mobs get 1-2 shotted by tanks and melee. So i get in perhaps 1 shadowbolt/incinerate per mob in a group of 4-5

Demonology doesnt really work either, since i can never build demonic fury

Bosses is kinda also a problem. Before getting dots up and starting my rotation. Stuff is dead

Seems like just using drain life is just as good as trying anything else

Demo really worked out best for me. Cast Hand of Gul'dan every six seconds for Shadowflame dot which will probably be your #1 damage. Use Hellfire whenever 3 mobs are present. Use Glyph of Imp swarm and pop that on cd or on bosses. Save up fury for bosses. Cast Gul'dan and corruption then demo form, cast doom and spam touch of chaos. Also I used imp for my pet as felguard died frequently. If you have nothing else to do just cast shadow bolt. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Right. Have been leveling a lock for the past... Year now Not really been a priority at all. Its the only class i do not have above lvl 80.

However. Now its lvl 67. Mostly doing quests and just cruising through it with chaosbolt of doom.

But the last 2 days. Ive tried doing a dungeon or 2. But im underperforming like hell and you know how the wow poplation is now days. If they can bitch. They bitch.

Here is my problem. I have tried all 3 specs. No matter what i use. Things just die to frikking fast. Dots is totaly out of the question. Before i can dot up 2 mobs. the rest of the group is dead. Dots tick 1-2 times at most.

Spamming bolts is the only thing i can do. and most of the time. mobs get 1-2 shotted by tanks and melee. So i get in perhaps 1 shadowbolt/incinerate per mob in a group of 4-5

Demonology doesnt really work either, since i can never build demonic fury

Bosses is kinda also a problem. Before getting dots up and starting my rotation. Stuff is dead

Seems like just using drain life is just as good as trying anything else
    Yeah. I've noticed this most about locks. I don't think there is anything you can do till around level 70. I mean Hunters and Melee and tanks have so many instant hits.

The best thing is to use your AOE. Rain of Fire. I've always seen all the locks in my groups use it even for 2-3 mobs. It does really crazy damage and you don't even have to channel it. However, you have to use Life Tap to regen mana and request your healer to heal you.

This is probably the best way to level a lock in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post

The best thing is to use your AOE. Rain of Fire. I've always seen all the locks in my groups use it even for 2-3 mobs. It does really crazy damage and you don't even have to channel it. However, you have to use Life Tap to regen mana and request your healer to heal you.

This is probably the best way to level a lock in dungeons.
    If you're using RoF as non-Destro I don't think you're being very efficient about things. If you're going to be using RoF, be Destro, they get full benefits off of it.

Build up some embers to use on the first few mobs with Rain of Fire and casting Incinerate a bit, then start sniping low health mobs with Shadowburn. You'll be high on embers the whole time after that. With every pull just put down a RoF, cast an incinerate if you have the time before a mob gets low, other wise just snipe sub 20% mobs. Then when you get to a boss, just unleash those embers with Chaosbolts. Then start from step one again after the boss.