Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna leave this here, but I've started working on a PvP guide covering all 3 specs. Currently it's going pretty slowly, since I'm having a lot of work irl and I spend to much time lurking on the forums, but hopefully I can show you guys a nice guide within 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction as I've always been. I have however, since the Grimoire of Sacrifice nerf swapped to Grimoire of Supremacy and Sacrificial Pact from Dark Bargain. I've been running a few battlegrounds with that build using Shivarra (properly glyphed to ensure Mesmerize doesn't break from Immolate) and I've had a decent experience. It feels a little different to play with a pet after being Sac spec'd in the entirity of 5.1, but I must say Shivarra is a HUGE lifesaver against Rogues and Warriors. Too bad Windwalkers are broken and trinket out of Fear only to Diffuse Magic on Mesmerize and make my CC moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    For destro, running with GoSac, dark bargain and kjc makes you pretty much impossible to get 1v1ed. Run the voidwalker against rogues, disarm the shadow blades, sac voidwalker pop bulwark and regen + healthstonr when needed. Oh and blood horror for melee of course.

I've been playing as affliction this patch in BGs and it's been going very well. We have so much health now and with life leech, seems to take a while to take me down. Been using GoSup with observer and rocking it. Will see how this goes in arena when the season starts.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

Deleted

[PvP Affliction] Managing shards

Hi i am bringing back my lock as my 2nd chara for 5.2, going to be focusing on RBG's in our guilds 3rd team so expect to get around 1800 rating.

Not played lock for a while and im struggeling to maintain shards, i seem to be useing DS rather than MG just to gain shards back and this is a DPS loss.

Ant hints and tip to keep my shards rolling in, tabbing corruption is a good way but seems a little slow and Soulburn SoC is only good for mass groups.

Thanks

Your best Shard generation is to be channeling Drain Soul when someone dies, because it fills out all four at once. You don't need to get the KB, just have the channel going. So practice sniping in a Drain Soul at the last moment.

Going to playing Shadowplay this season again; got 2100 last season but couldn't push 2.2k. 2.2k should be pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a heads-up, just finished the "TALENTS" - part of the PvP guide I'm writing, by now it's already longer then any of the PvE guides I think
    I think I'm going a bit too much in detail, however, I think everything is pretty clear and it shouldn't be a problem at all for a new player to understand everything I've written so far.

edit: on second thought, probably not as long, but expect it to be twice as long as any other guide when it's done.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-10 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just as a heads-up, just finished the "TALENTS" - part of the PvP guide I'm writing, by now it's already longer then any of the PvE guides I think
    I think I'm going a bit too much in detail, however, I think everything is pretty clear and it shouldn't be a problem at all for a new player to understand everything I've written so far.

edit: on second thought, probably not as long, but expect it to be twice as long as any other guide when it's done.
    Really looking forward to this.

10+ Year Old Account

Well if it's a guide of all 3 specs then it should rightly be 3 times as long as the other guides

Appreciate the effort though, not many classes have a PvP guide up (especially a GOOD one). When you get it done just post the guide in this thread, and PM me (probably best with a link directly to the post) and I'll copy/paste it to the OP of this thread with full credits to you and post a link back to the post in the thread to show where discussion about the guide began.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well if it's a guide of all 3 specs then it should rightly be 3 times as long as the other guides

Appreciate the effort though, not many classes have a PvP guide up (especially a GOOD one). When you get it done just post the guide in this thread, and PM me (probably best with a link directly to the post) and I'll copy/paste it to the OP of this thread with full credits to you and post a link back to the post in the thread to show where discussion about the guide began.
    Actually I've just opened a new thread for it, didn't see your post yet. Uploaded a pretty big part already
    Also, I don't really think copy pasting the whole guide to the OP is a good idea since I can't make any changes there :/
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-10 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I've just opened a new thread for it, didn't see your post yet. Uploaded a pretty big part already
    Also, I don't really think copy pasting the whole guide to the OP is a good idea since I can't make any changes there :/
    Nope, absolutely true. As I said in the thread you created, I'll most likely sticky that thread instead of this one. Chances of discussion and theorycrafting are bigger when you have a guide to work from. It'll also garner attention throughout the season, and not just when something comes up in PvP. And not being able to change things is a very good point about not having the OP yourself, hadn't thought about that in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright to avoid confusion and spreading discussion across 2 threads I'm just going to close this one and ask you all to join the conversation in the PvP guide thread Niberion made. Thread can be found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lock-PvP-Guide