Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Dreadlord Noah37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, Georgia
    Posts
    776
    I don't really see where all the problems are. If you look down I obviously have 4 level 90 characters and I enjoyed leveling all of them. I still need to do 2 of them through Townlong and Dread Wastes for Gold. I also have 3 other 85s and 3 classes I'm working on still in Vanilla zones. I don't see the real problem, in Cata I hated it, because the initial quests in Hyjal were hard as crap with bad gear and Vash'jir is the pretties zone they have ever created, but is horrible to do more than twice. I can go from 85-90 in 2 days if I don't have much going on, probably averaging 5-6 hours a level.

  2. #62
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,691
    Mix in BGs, Dungeons, and level all of your alts only in rested.

    I have 11 characters(lol I know) and I haven't found the leveling very redundant because I employ that method.

  3. #63
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,307
    Cataclysm leveling was garbage, I atleast enjoyed the story leveling in MoP.

  4. #64
    1 day for a level? ;x

    If you push it and have your char loaded with full rested xp 85-90 will take max 20 hours total, can be done faster.

    If you play 1-1,5 hour a day like me nowadays it will still take a while, but you could just take a weekend day and level 85-90 in one go really.
    Currently playing MMO's: Wildstar --- Played MMO's before: WoW, Tibia, Meridian59, ultima Online, EQ, Rift, Lotro, GW2, AOC, WHO, EQ2, SW:TOR, ESO
    Proud *n?x geek since 1998

  5. #65
    i feel like the only person in the world that actually enjoyed Cata questing the most. In cata I felt engaged in an epic story...In MoP i felt pulled in 20 different directions doing tedious little tasks for farmers, and never once felt fully immersed and connected to what was happening. I much prefered the linear questing experience over doing minor questing tasks for tiny little hubs.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

    I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

    Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.

    Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

    It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    Level 85-86 can be achieved in a few hours. After that you're looking at a little more than two levels a day. This means that if you are dedicated to leveling a toon you can go from 85-90 in two days.

    If asking you to invest two days for five levels is too much then I'm guessing this isn't the right game for you. I mean I'm all for making the game accessible to people but complaining about leveling, after all the nerfs to required xp, getting your mount sooner, and various leveling bonus's (guild reward, some holidays, ect) is really kind of lame.

  7. #67
    I just finished leveling my 4th 90 last night...
    This one just so happened to be a priest as well...
    Its so ridiculously easy, took me about 3 nights of play, would have been less but I leveled it on a high pop PvP server to play with friends and had to avoid ganking a lot...

    Doesn't need to be faster imo.


    EDIT: P.S. Keep your Cata heirlooms equipped until you hit 86.
    They do still add bonus exp until then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, Europe certainly didn't play any sort of role in destroying the stability of Africa. The United States is literally the source of all evil. The United Satans, mirite?

  8. #68
    so leveling is boring? tell me how much fun you are having being forced to do tons of dailis and valor grinding lol

  9. #69
    be like me wait till they nerf the xp hard then do it

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    i feel like the only person in the world that actually enjoyed Cata questing the most. In cata I felt engaged in an epic story...In MoP i felt pulled in 20 different directions doing tedious little tasks for farmers, and never once felt fully immersed and connected to what was happening. I much prefered the linear questing experience over doing minor questing tasks for tiny little hubs.
    You aren't. I would take cata lvling over this in a hot minute. Far more variety in the quests offered to you. More dungeons available to you. More reward for each lvl.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    I remember when you ran out of quests when hitting 50 and had to grind to 60.
    And getting to 60 in under a month was a big deal.
    And people actually enjoyed the journey instead of just getting to endgame so they can sit in a line to get their pixels.
    Comparing then to now is just silly to be honest.

    I agree i got 7 90s but jesus christ if that grind from 85-90 isn't the worst lvling i've ever seen in any MMO.

  12. #72
    The Patient kallekaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    around 60°N 24°E
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.
    excuse me but wtf are u talking about
    what about these things called heirlooms and eg Elixir of Ancient Knowledge?
    hellooo?!?! basically the same thing as a buff to have heirlooms

  13. #73
    I dont see why they havent added some kind of xp bonus for 85-90. Heirlooms are supposed to be upgradeable to 90 soon right? If not they have a way already in the game to give you bonus xp: as a reward for the 2,3,5 90s achievements. Since it basically means youve already done the content several times, each ach should give an account wide 10% bonus xp in Panadria zones.

    I have 3 90s and want to get a few more so I can get more SoH for my professions but I hate questing on my alts. I leveled them up through 85 doing dungeons since dungeons actually gave a good amount of xp before MoP.

  14. #74
    You get rested xp on your alts. That makes levelling about 25% faster. All my alts are on max rested xp and even if I power level 1 that rested xp is probably going to last till around Level 88.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post

    EDIT: P.S. Keep your Cata heirlooms equipped until you hit 86.
    They do still add bonus exp until then.
    No they don't, heirlooms bonus XP stops working the moment you hit lvl 85. So many have tried this (including me) when mop released
    Currently playing MMO's: Wildstar --- Played MMO's before: WoW, Tibia, Meridian59, ultima Online, EQ, Rift, Lotro, GW2, AOC, WHO, EQ2, SW:TOR, ESO
    Proud *n?x geek since 1998

  16. #76
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    576
    I leveled a shaman on the beta, and my main shaman on live, and i thought the leveling was horrible slow and tedious and I really dreaded leveling my alts, but what really got me going was when i could buy those blue BoE Mop items from the ah, farm the BoA items around the world and use the hc lvl archeology items making my alts gain superpowers. It really helps the leveling when your alts have full rested and are doing 100k dps from 85-87 and once you get to 87 you can buy the 450 engineering trinket and keep your dps relatively high. Once you reach 88 you can start doing Mogu'shan palace and start getting all those 450 items keeping your dps steady for the last push through two last 88-90

    and now i have 11 level 90's. Piece of advice, never level when you don't have rested, why would you do double the work needed?

    Edit: Btw buying the cheap enchants and gems for your gear when leveling will boost your dps with about 2000 stats which really adds up when you are going from 85-90
    Last edited by sisk; 2013-03-05 at 07:04 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    You aren't. I would take cata lvling over this in a hot minute. Far more variety in the quests offered to you. More dungeons available to you. More reward for each lvl.
    I agree. I'd rather do cata questing again. Hyjal is one of the best questing zones they ever made.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I dont see why they havent added some kind of xp bonus for 85-90. Heirlooms are supposed to be upgradeable to 90 soon right? If not they have a way already in the game to give you bonus xp: as a reward for the 2,3,5 90s achievements. Since it basically means youve already done the content several times, each ach should give an account wide 10% bonus xp in Panadria zones.

    I have 3 90s and want to get a few more so I can get more SoH for my professions but I hate questing on my alts. I leveled them up through 85 doing dungeons since dungeons actually gave a good amount of xp before MoP.
    They are not upping heirlooms to 90. They are only upping the old heirlooms to 85.

  18. #78
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,966
    Go grind yetis with the berries in kun-lai. You do crazy damage and can grind out the later levels in less than 2 hours each.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    ...

    Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.
    ...
    Here's my idea: When you hit 90 you unlock a daily similar to the Monk daily. You gain 50% extra XP from Quests and Kills for 1 hour with the duration stacking. For each 90 you have on the server you can do the daily 1 time for an alt, so 3 90s you can do the quest on 3 separate alts.

    Currently I have 3 90s 3 86s and 3 85s so I'm all for speeding up the leveling some but not going overkill.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    You get rested xp on your alts. That makes levelling about 25% faster. All my alts are on max rested xp and even if I power level 1 that rested xp is probably going to last till around Level 88.
    You will run our of rested xp very fast if you power level. I believe you can only bank 2 levels of rested xp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •