Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I saw the title and fell out of my chair laughing so hard lol. I understand this completely, I couldn't take leveling through the same zones multiple times on different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    We go from level 85 mobs with 85k HP in Cataclysm to level 85 Mobs with almost 400k that hit like Optimus Prime. Even with buying the greens to keep up with the flow of gear from the vendors stationed in towns in pandaria, I cant stand to level a hunter because my pet will die every two mobs.
    It's obvious someone hasn't leveled through Jade Forest.

Twilight Highlands mob : Bloodeye Brute 85k HP
    Jade Forest mob : Thunder Hold Cannoneer 135k HP

A far cry from the 400k HP you state they have.

I feel your pain. MoP leveling is extremely dull and boring. The uninteresting lore doesn't help either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I wish leveling took longer. The end game is the worst part of WoW, contrary to popular belief. That's the part where you run the same exact content over and over and over and over. At least when you're leveling you're always experiencing new stuff as you advance.
    you'r my god =P
    this is exactly why i keep makeing new toons not for the purpose of going 90 ofc, just for fun and for playing
    max lvl sucks! ^^=P

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    With the grand commendations, I see leveling as a rep bonus at this point. All the questing I do just bumps my reps up on that toon anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone has time for that* There, I fixed it for you.

Deleted
    4 90's now, loremaster with first character, got double agent with the second.

It's now getting extremely tedious and boring to level and yet i have 4 85's left to level and then I'm gonna level a monk which will be my last missing tank class.

I'm not much for repeating stuff. Dungeons are worthless, you do them once for quests and after that they will bring far inferior XP to questing. there are only 4 instances which means you will be hitting less then 1 instance a level. PvP is useless XP and most players there are botting.

When you got Loremaster atleast let you fly @ 85, bring an XP booster for each of leveling character achievement. So if you got Dynamic Duo you get 30% more XP Terrific Trio you could get 45% more Quintessential Quintet 75% more.

This would atleast bring down the tedious parts a bit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    why would I do a dungeon? it doesn't even give you a bar of xp.
    because it is fun? after the first character, getting to 90 ASAP isnt important. if people spent more time doing what they find fun instead of only doing what they need to do on their char there would be much less bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Leveling is easy and not very time consuming. Anybody who thinks otherwise is clueless or doesn't have the mental capacity to figure out how to level quickly.
    Nice Ad Hominem! Hold on, let me try: "Anyone who thinks leveling in MoP is fine must be trolling or has so little brain capacity that clicking "Accept Quest" and "Complete Quest" for 25 hours counts as exciting gaming"
    No? Then use a real argument.
    OT: The whole thing is subjective. I know a couple different people that really enjoy going through the MoP zones, some more that really like Northrend, then a have a few people who hate it ALL until level 90. Personally I think 85-90 could be sped up a bit more, but then again I hate leveling. /shrug

The op doesn't know what they're talking about.

I just got my DK through in like 20hrs not even trying. you don't have to finish all of the quests in a zone and can jump to the next zone and start their quests. just do the quests that lead you to the quest that says "so and so needs you at this place in the next zone". then just jump to there.

And do the quest hubs that have lots of fast respawning mobs in an area. Drop a guild standard and rack up the extra 10 or 15% (i forgot teh amount) extra xp. log off in inns so you get some rested xp. in a week doing only a couple hours a day you'll have your 2nd 90 and it won't even be painful.

Also, don't forget to pick up a 450 weapon, some rings and things that you can equip that have a higher ilvl. It helps your toon blow things up really fast with lesser down time.

last tip skip most of valley and kun lai and do townlong steppes and dread wastes and you'll be honored and revered with shado pan and klaxxi.

yes yes
    Last edited by Caliph; 2013-03-05 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start questing at 85. immediately queue up for the unlocked dungeons specifically, just to get in and do them ONCE to get the dungeon quests done and grab the blues. The items help you progressing quicker through the quest mobs...
    The moment you hit the next level, immediately switch zone. Stay there until you hit the next level. Switch again. If you have a little gambler in you, you can also try and do a Call to Arms BG. But the XP gain from that is rather low and not very efficient. A successful first CtA gives about 5% XP progress on the bar.
    All in all, it goes extremely fast. Especially if you already quested through it before with one toon. No more searching around etc. Certain quest hubs can be elegantly skipped. And maybe on the side, before leaving town to venture out for the Pandaria zones.. Fishing and cooking daily in Org. They go fast and give almost 200k xp each.

And all of that, like others suggested fully rested.. There's no need to rush an alt, they can be progressed once a week for a few hours, to rest again.. Rotating through with several alts, none will ever fall off from fully rested at all.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Most of us play WoW for endgame (pvp, raids, etc.). The leveling process is nothing more than a burden for most people to get to the the 'real' game - especially after the first go round of 85-90.

They need to just start granting BoA XP for lvl 90 activities. Valor/Justice/Honor for alt XP, quests at 90 applying XP to alts, etc.
    That sounds quite good to be honest. Like some account wide commendations (or w/e those are spelled) that grant fixed percentage of the xp bar for alts. You could buy these with these lesser charms of good fortune from dailys for example.

I agree with the OP pretty much. It was interesting once, bearable twice, and awful the 3rd time.

IMO a huge part of it is the 2 available leveling dungeons. Holy hell do ya get sick of them. Then you get them essentially replaces by the next 2. And get sick of those. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    The whole thing is subjective. I know a couple different people that really enjoy going through the MoP zones, some more that really like Northrend, then a have a few people who hate it ALL until level 90.
    Exactly this. The quality of MoP questing is completely subjective. For those who hate it, it's too tedious. For those who enjoy it, it's great.

As with everything, the ones who don't like it want a way to skip it. I can see why, because it is something that everyone has to do (i.e. it's a "hard gate" to raiding without any alternative). It would be neat if Blizz had another alternative to the leveling process (like making older raids relevent as a leveling tool).

Example - you take your lvl 85, and run it through T11, T12, and T13 normals and heroics to make your way to lvl 90. And have this option only available after you get the Dynamic Duo achieve or something like that. Things like that... Imagine being able to raid your way from lvl 60-90

takes like 12hours? 15? is that rly so slow? if ur 85 uve proboly spent at elast 36hours on ur toon.. is 15more so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    I'm sorry, But you are simply leveling wrong.

If it takes you half of an entire day to make one level, You are just questing wrong.

When I leveled from 85-90 I buckled down and focused. Knocked out quest after quest after quest. Boom, 85-86 was like a snap of the fingers, And each level followed. Maybe taking an hour at best if I got sloppy.

Also like Venziir said. You want people to listen to you? DON'T go throwing around the "YOUR ALL BLIZZARD FANBOYS BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THE WAY I LEVEL"

Don't
    85 - 90 took you an hour per level up sure...
    So you made 90 in 5 hours. How exactly???

Yes leveling goes fast and slows down a little at 89-90 but come on 1 hour lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    4 90's now, loremaster with first character, got double agent with the second.

It's now getting extremely tedious and boring to level and yet i have 4 85's left to level and then I'm gonna level a monk which will be my last missing tank class.
    I really have no ideal how, but I have nine 90s. I've tried all kinds of things to make it less boring. I farm rare spawns around, fly aorund on a 2 seater map and soak up the XP for discovering a lump of dirt, go around and collect the lost and found items. After the 2nd toon it's pretty mind numbing. So numbing in fact, I still don't know how I got 9 toons to 90.

I'm part of the group that just wants to do endgame content, I want to see what it's like on a Hunter, a Monk, a DK, a warrior, a shaman. Leveling is just the shitty requirement to do what I want to do. it sucks, it's pointless, it requires so little thought and brings so little enjoyment. Not sure how anyone finds it remotely fun.

The problem isn't the time it takes, it's the fact that, while I love the scenery and adventurous feeling of Pandaria, the quests are just so fucking boring. In Cataclysm we had a bunch of different themes and fun quests, yeah I don't like Uldum or Vashj'ir, and Twilight Highlands was okay at best, but my god Hyjal and Deepholm are by far the best levelling zones in the game, and I had so hoped they would have taken an extra step like they've done with all expansions up 'till this point, and not degrade the levelling experience like they ended up doing. I don't want to kill 15 of these Yaungol, I want fun questlines that lead up to something epic, none of the Pandaria questlines past Jade Forest felt epic when you were done with them.

I'm so glad that I'm not an altoholic, but sadly I decided to get a Shaman to 90 this expansion, and I could really feel that going from Northrend to the Cataclysm zones was such a relief, and that was just quickly taken away from me with Pandaria, which isn't quite as bad as Northrend, but it is still bad, and it takes a lot more time, which makes for a lot longer bore.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-05 at 09:15 PM.

After leveling 10 characters to 90, my opinion on it is, they shouldn't nerf any XP gains for 85-87, especially for dungeons. All the toons that i've leveled so far are tanks and healers, with a majority of them being healers and the que times being around 8mins to get into the dungeon, I found that leveling 85-87 on just dungeons alone very painful. I think they should slightly increase the dungeon XP for those levels or something to that extent. After you hit 87 I find it real easy and not as much as a pain as long as you get into the 87 dungeons. As far as questing I wouldn't know, I rather wait for the que as my attention span can wither while questing. To sum it basically, I don't agree with the XP nerf at this time, I still have about 10 characters to finish leveling, most being DPS so, I will be experimenting with the quest and experiencing the leveling difference. As for now though, I think they should implement some kind of extra XP bonus for alts.

I don't like how Jade Forest is the only zone you can start in once you reach 85. TBC had the same problem, but Zangarmarsh was doable at 60. WotLK had Borean Tundra + Howling Ford, Cata got Hyjal + Vash'Ir.