Deleted

What spec for arena/rbg as dk in season 13?

So what spec should my death knight be in season 13 for arena and RBG?

Deleted
    Asked a similar question on the DK forums a little while ago, the consensus was Unholy for Arenas and Frost was best for BGs/RBGs with HB.

Personally I am going to be trying out Unholy first as the buffs to reaping, plague strike diseases and Gary look like they solve a lot of issues.

Both will be good for arena, and frost will be good for rbgs.

Unholy dots do crazy amounts of damage on the ptr, and overall they will become viable once again.

Deleted
    how do I play Unholy in arenas? is there some good guides out there?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you've made no effort to look up any youtube vids or go to arena junkies i can safely say just stay frost.
    There are quite a few guides on youtube an there is Reinhart probly the best unholy dk atm, who has made multiply macro guides gem reforging an ''rotation'' vids.
    Last edited by Grimlair; 2013-03-05 at 06:01 PM.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Deleted
    There's even a thread on this very forum asking pretty much the same thing, it might even still be on the front page... Have a read before posting your questions, with stuff like this it's going to have been answered already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    There's even a thread on this very forum asking pretty much the same thing, it might even still be on the front page... Have a read before posting your questions, with stuff like this it's going to have been answered already.
    After reading the other thread I would say that there wasn't much accomplished there. Minor dissicussion and some people doing the usual "my spec is better then yours" but otherwise all I got from it was unholy for arena and frost for RBGs/Random BGs.

Honestly at this point I'm a battleground guy. I have never really enjoyed pvp. I like large scale battles. I'm just trying to figure out personally whether 2h or DW will be the superior spec for PvP in RBGs and Random BGs.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As long as they don't revert the stupid changes made to DW and 2h (MotFW and ToT) they made in MoP i'm still going to have to use DW for pvp. SUperior vs heavy armor, nno downtime and has a lot more mobility then 2h.

RIP enjoyable 2h frost

I have said in other threads but the basic idea is that Unholy will be better than frost in all comps in arena, but frost will be better in most RBG maps. Unholy's big issue in playing with the cleave teams was the amount of time it took to start putting out pressure, but with the changes you can go balls to the wall straight out of the gate with your hunter/warrior teammates. Unholy previously in arena was taken because they are not as squishy as frost and compliment the old RLS style of arena play. (dot the world, switch often)

RBGs you need to convince people that unholy will be better on certain maps. The spread damage that unholy can do is actually higher than frost, but frost is superior at flag spinning. The reason being howling blast is ranged, high damage (to get through absorbs) and costs one rune that you have a bunch of. Unholy has to blood boil to flag spin which means they have to actually be on the flag which is bad. Now, in the RBG maps with no flags to spin Unholy brings stronger AoE rot and will live much longer than frost. So my advice would be to play them both and get good at both because they will have their place.

As far as sub spec in frost, you can use the same gear if you go 2H and just do mastery for both specs. Nice and easy. Some people will say haste is the way to go, but they don't understand that you will never have 100% uptime like in PvE so haste will get wasted somewhat. Also, mastery is a big boost to both specs boosting howling blast, frost fever, and frost strike for frost and boosting gargoyle, blood plague, death coil and soul reaper for unholy.

If you are having problems with one spec over the other I would suggest practicing unholy in random BGS to get an idea for the class and in 2v2 play. Everyone should be okay with frost as it does not require a whole lot of thought, but unholy is not that much harder just a few extra things to track and keybind. I think if you are currently playing frost well, the switch to unholy should not be too bad. (you will find at low ratings you can safely ignore your pet position and only watch it's health, but the higher you go the more you will have to babysit it's position as well just like a normal player)