Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I hope they update addons before then because there's only like 3 so far on http://www.wowinterface.com/survivalguide.php

I NEED MY OMNICC YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well I hope they update addons before then because there's only like 3 so far on http://www.wowinterface.com/survivalguide.php

I NEED MY OMNICC YOU SON OF A BITCH.
    Weird. That site says WIM is not updated. But on Curse it says WIM was updated 16 hours ago for 5.2

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wim-3

10+ Year Old Account
    screw my eastern time zone ... Good thing im working and if its not up when i come home, i still have GW2

TBH I wouldn't be shocked if its down til midnight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Weird. That site says WIM is not updated. But on Curse it says WIM was updated 16 hours ago for 5.2

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wim-3
    They don't mind linking to curse but they want it on wowinterface before they do. Curse usually has a survival guide too but I don't see one which is lame.

Standard patch day routine. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor americanos, you having delays makes me feel better about having a Wednesday patch day...you are the guinea pigs <3

I still wish Blizzard would learn to underpromise and overdeliver. Nobody is surprised it got extended. Nobody seems to think it's unreasonable that it got extended. So why not just call it up front and say "servers will be down from 5am PST to 3pm PST" or whatever, and if it's done earlier, blue post? They shouldn't even set the expectation that a patch day will go like a normal maintenance window.

Well it's a fairly large patch. I wouldn't expect the servers to be up until around 4-5 PM pacific.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

This was expected, not many people are shocked. Tis always the case

Lol I still find it funny we can go right into MoP @ Midnight, but we can't have patches ready when they say. Oh well guess I can go eat now, lol

Always expected, doesn't make it any less annoying. Like one of the posters above me said, if you are rarely able to deliver on an early patch release just post for it to come back up later. That way if by some miracle you manage to get the patch deployed earlier (and considering it's been a release candidate for a week or two now I'm not sure why there's always this problem) people are actually happy instead of annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    Lol I still find it funny we can go right into MoP @ Midnight, but we can't have patches ready when they say.
    lol @ this, a good point, just hope it up and stable so there is no surprise downtime later.

Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post
    Knew it was going to happen.

Maintenance has been extended until 1:00pm PST. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Most people recognize that Blizzard suggesting that servers will be up by 11AM PST is more of a running joke on patch day. I know my guild spent last night placing bets on when servers will actually be up.

Personally I think that's why they also took down their forums. Because, knowing servers would not be up on time, they didn't want to deal with the flood of "OMG NO GAME YET I WANT A REFUND/DISCOUNT!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    As someone currently living in Kuwait and has to wake up in the morning for PT..

Damn it Blizzard.
    Yeah I'm hoping it doesn't get pushed back any more. 1am my time in the middle of a week is already a bad enough time to be gaming :P

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    Lol I still find it funny we can go right into MoP @ Midnight, but we can't have patches ready when they say. Oh well guess I can go eat now, lol
    Games release at midnight. There is FAR more pressure to have a retail release available at launch time. A patch? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post
    Knew it was going to happen.

Maintenance has been extended until 1:00pm PST. Thank you for your continued patience.

<--My surprised face. My guild has bets on how long it'll be before servers come up and how stable they'll be.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I don't think there has ever been a single major patch that was released without there being multiple maintenance extensions. It's just something everyone should be used to now.

I'm not surprised, but it is weird that for a company that has been doing patches for over 8 years you would think they could implement a patch without extending maintenance. Especially since we downloaded most of the new content weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by buttnut129 View Post
    Games release at midnight. There is FAR more pressure to have a retail release available at launch time. A patch? Not so much.
    Plus, everything needed for Mists was patched into the game with Patch 5.0. Even though it was weeks before Mists launched, all the content was already in the game. We just couldn't access it. So when midnight hit, Blizzard ran the routine that activated the intro quests and BAM expansion is live.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Didn't we go an entire day of downtime before? I want to say patch 3.0 or 3.1
    Right before TBC released, all the realms went through a 48hr maintenance. The only thing that made that slightly less annoying is that they did it in waves so there were always at least some realms up.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.