Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your Guild's Loot Policy

Just curious what kind of loot policy people used in their guilds.

We are a pretty tight-knit 10m guild so we (successfully) used Need over Greed for the majority of 5.1 raids. However, we noticed that on more than a few occasions, our consistent raiders got screwed over by losing rolls to our less active raiders/alts/pugs/etc.

Loot drama hasn't been an issue yet (/salute for mature guild mates), but we were thinking about having a more robust loot system in order to fairly reward those who deserve loot the most.

So...looking for some ideas!

10+ Year Old Account
    what ur main spec haven't got screwed over my offspec rollers... not mad, seriously not mad...

As a 25m guild leader I've always found loot council to be the fairest way to distribute loot, if you have very trustworthy people in the council. We base ours on attendance, performance, and current item. Also it helps when fellow raiders are okay with passing on a piece of gear because it's a much bigger upgrade for someone else.

loot council unless there is a pug. if the pug doesnt win the roll; then we loot council.
    As of late there seems to be some issues with greedy officers trying to bend the rules; our healer called them out once or twice and no more problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wow guild and my swtor guild I raid with just puts it on need or greed and people just need on something if they need it. Works well for us.

EPGP

There is a lootmaster mod and it is very smooth. EPGP is kind of like DKP, but with a decay (we use 40%) to prevent hoarding. I used to be a loot council nazi, but after seeing the no-drama EPGP at work, it is very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 10M guild uses P2P loot council (MS>OS>alts) with officer override; we keep track of how many pieces people get each month/tier. Everyone links what they would be replacing. Most of the time, the person for whom it's a smaller upgrade will pass. If nobody passes, the officers decide (based on loot history) to award the item or put it to a roll.

Loot Council if your a HM guild. if your a normal mode guild just /roll since loot shouldn't matter for normal modes anyways.

I don't want to start a new thread so I thought this would be the one to ask it. Since a lot of you also use loot council, how do you guys track loot? (Who gets what etc.) We've been using a google doc spreadsheet for a very long time but it definitely has its problems and I've been looking for an easier way.

We go by Need/Greed unless someone speaks up and thinks they need it more. The involved parties talk it over and it's normally over in a couple minutes. Mostly drama free.

Excel is a pretty good spreadsheet.

In our 10M, we use a need (MS)/need if you already won a need (MS)/greed (OS).

If you already won a need roll, you aren't eligible to roll for another one unless no one else needs the item - helps spread loot.

Deleted
    Loot concil with MS>OS>alts is the best to have a good progress.

Deleted
    We roll. Don't have much of an issue with alts or less active players. We did have some last summer, we didn't mind them rolling on it, we would not have progressed at all in Firelands without their help.

10 man normal mode guild. We use Need / Greed, MS over OS but the raid leaders also step in every once in a while and (so far (since Cata)) they've not made a bad call or upset anyone. But we have a nice friendly group of people and our backups understand that mains who've killed it 10 times already have priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long answer:

• One 'need' win a night for reserved raiders.
    • Unlimited 'greed' rolls for anyone.
    • Patterns go to characters in the raid who know that profession, otherwise they go into the raid bank to sell or distribute to crafters in the guild.
    • BoEs go to character in the raid who can use first (bound on the spot), otherwise they go into the raid bank to sell or distribute as needed.
    • Shards go in the raid bank, but can be withdrawn by reserved members or regular subs for enchants for their raiding character(s).
    • Special raid drop crafting items go to the raid bank and are distributed where need is greatest first, then first-come-first-served.
    • General policy of "Don't Be A Dick" to encourage people to pass or hand off loot if they've won 3987545 things and the other guy has lost every roll or not to roll on shit for their fourth spec that people want for their main one, etc.

We raid through a raiding alliance, so we have to have a loot policy that is appealing to subs without fucking the regular team. We've struggled over the years bouncing between policies that rewarded subs too much by gearing them up at the expense of our raid and then never seeing them again, and having trouble getting subs because they know they have pretty much no chance of winning anything.

The one 'need' roll allows for the main team to lock subs out on that one item they've been waiting for for weeks, but stills allow sub a chance at loot. It's not perfect, but it's a decent compromise.

We're also the kinds of people who regularly discuss loot and pass it around to the areas where need is greater, which helps a great deal. For examaple if two people greed, but one is rolling for main spec and one for offspec, it is almost unheard of for the offspec person not to just hand it off to the mainspec player. So in practice, we function much like a loot council amongst ourselves.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Top 10 guild here. Currently the way our loot works is a Tank > DPS > Healer with a big influence on who gets loot based on who gets the biggest upgrade to benefit the raid more. System works pretty well when all 10 people want to pass loot to each other :P So we use this system instead of deciding who gets loot all day and pull more bosses! All of our group has the mentality of raid before raider when it comes to loot so no loot drama and believe in the officers to make the right choice in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Top 10 guild here. Currently the way our loot works is a Tank > DPS > Healer with a big influence on who gets loot based on who gets the biggest upgrade to benefit the raid more. System works pretty well when all 10 people want to pass loot to each other :P So we use this system instead of deciding who gets loot all day and pull more bosses! All of our group has the mentality of raid before raider when it comes to loot so no loot drama and believe in the officers to make the right choice in that regard.
    your a top 10 guild who gives loot to tanks over dps/healers in 10 man? Im assuming that was only for first tier right? maybe I guess till they reach a certain level in tier 1 but every boss this tier was tankable with sub 500 ilvl tanks. dps/healer checks at time were not.

We go loot council DPS/healers depending on fight requirements>tanks is why i'm curious.

10 man, we use epgp. I would use loot council if it were my guild, what I used for Cata when I was GM of my previous guild and I think it was better, and it was more of a casual thing where people that could use it worked out amongst themselves who it was the great improvement for. That is really what needs to happen, it usually does in my guild because people aren't too greedy but I feel loot council would distribute loot the best. Raiding is a team thing, not an individual one. I feel epgp caters to much to individual people and does not improve the raid as a whole unless every single raider can hold back their greed for shiny new shit if someone else needs it more.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-05 at 08:17 PM.

I used to run a HM ToC/ICC guild back in the day on a small server.

I simply sat down our core 10 people, and basically told them don't be dicks. Everything is going to be free roll. Don't roll on something if another person hasn't gotten anything that week. Don't roll against someone if it's that one upgrade they desperately needed forever. And please respect my decision to overrule rolls, and give the item to someone else that I think is more deserving.

Never had a problem.