Thread: Is this viable?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraszmyl View Post
    I already addressed that, but if you insist.
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...600M+APU&id=10
    PissMark does not in any way or shape tell anything about IPC which is all that matters for WoW. It's 99% multithreaded/office application test with no relevance whatsoever in gaming.

I already addressed that intel is faster, however without turboboost the i3 and pentium lines are almost worthless in laptops compared to an a8 or a10 because the a8 and a10s are clocked higher and have turbo avalible to them while intel artificialy gimps the i3 and pentium lines.
    Still the clockspeed does not tell anything about actual performance between two different brands. Not with nor without turbo. And FYI i3/i5/i7 CPUs do the exact same turbo thingy as AMDs processors, upping speed and shutting off cores.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-03-05 at 10:57 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    PissMark does not in any way or shape tell anything about IPC which is all that matters for WoW. It's 99% multithreaded/office application test with no relevance whatsoever in gaming.

Still the clockspeed does not tell anything about actual performance between two different brands. Not with nor without turbo. And FYI i3/i5/i7 CPUs do the exact same turbo thingy as AMDs processors, upping speed and shutting off cores.
    i3s and pentiums do not have turboboost. i5 4 series lack vm instructions , i5 5 series have vm instructions , i7 gets you quads and most except the cheapest have vm instructions. The U series do have a few exceptions to this.

everything but pentiums should also have hyperthreading if i recall correctly. Feel free to check intel ARK.

As for ipc, currently sandy is ~20% better than pile driver and ivy is ~30% better to be very genertic. Since you dont think passmark is fair how about this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...w,3328-15.html

basicly a 3.2ghz ivy would be about equal to a 4.1ghz piledriver so your dual core 1.8ghz i3 still unfortunately gets trounced by the base clocked a10 at 2.3 which then can turbo up cores to 3.2 and the i3 would need to hit ~2.4 to 2.5 to match that, however sadly the i3 doesnt have access to turboboost to do so.

@ nocturnal

Most euro computer parts are over priced , but its pretty awesome you could point him at that site. Assuming there isnt a random reason he cant use it, tis a hell of alot better deal.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Wow... That is damn good laptop for cheap gaming. Portability/battery life might be bit iffy though.

Since you dont think passmark is fair how about this.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...w,3328-15.html
    Flight path test is more about GPU than CPU, and WoW can't be benchmarked fairly in raid circumstances. But if you want some hint of the IPC difference, this is probably the fairest benchmark available at the moment. Based on anecdotal evidence matches up fairly well with true 25man raid performance.

basicly a 3.2ghz ivy would be about equal to a 4.1ghz piledriver so your dual core 1.8ghz i3 still unfortunately gets trounced by the base clocked a10 at 2.3 which then can turbo up cores to 3.2 and the i3 would need to hit ~2.4 to 2.5 to match that
    Made up math is the best kind of math. You're still comparing apples and oranges when looking into clock speeds.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.