Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    New Resilience Formula (5.2)

    Hmm, any thoughts? Resilience was considered the best to me because it was an exponential increase, now it might be worth gemming some power later on it seems..
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...formula-in-52/

  2. #2
    We have loads of CC, loads of burst and can nearly one shot people. What exactly do you think is going to happen if they nerf the only thing working against this? Because no matter what they try to tell us, this is a nerf and a bad one.

  3. #3
    I don't think there will really be that much change below 70% resilience. Resilience is way above every other stat anyway, so it'd have to diminish pretty bad for power to be better.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Darksoldierr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I don't think there will really be that much change below 70% resilience. Resilience is way above every other stat anyway, so it'd have to diminish pretty bad for power to be better.
    I don't know, im 100% sure some zergish classes go all out on pvp power
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I don't think there will really be that much change below 70% resilience. Resilience is way above every other stat anyway, so it'd have to diminish pretty bad for power to be better.
    Actually the change is quite big, I've seen some number plays that under current circumstances put the damage gain around 7-10% just because of the loss of resilience. Add to that that we're going to get a huge chunk of PvP power and stats with 5.2 with the new elite gear while resilience is hardly going to increase at all and we might possibly look forward to the most bursty season ever.

  6. #6
    I know many MW monks already going Int(rbgs) think it confirms it for me also.

  7. #7
    =(((1/60)+(0.63/(resil/310)))^-1)

    This formula seems to fit really well (save for +-1 in last digit, since numbers are estimates)



    Can people test this formula and give feedbacks?

  8. #8
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,165
    I do not like this, why make it worse? Why not make it scale better lower levels and keep the current ones the same...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  9. #9
    Personally I plan to hold out on doing anything different until we get some hard data. I do however feel this change is aimed at increasing the use of PVP power as currently the reduction in damage from gemming fell resil (or at least predominately) out weighs the gain by gemming full pvp power.

  10. #10
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,165
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Personally I plan to hold out on doing anything different until we get some hard data. I do however feel this change is aimed at increasing the use of PVP power as currently the reduction in damage from gemming fell resil (or at least predominately) out weighs the gain by gemming full pvp power.
    I have heard it differently, resil was all ready hitting drs(?) and pvp power was just getting stronger and stronger.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I have heard it differently, resil was all ready hitting drs(?) and pvp power was just getting stronger and stronger.
    That only becomes an issue at the top tier pvp gear for the most part. Basically it works out that the damage gained from the extra pvp power is less than the actual damage reduction from the resil. Once you get higher gear levels than yes it will start to cap out and pvp power will be a better option.

  12. #12
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,165
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    That only becomes an issue at the top tier pvp gear for the most part. Basically it works out that the damage gained from the extra pvp power is less than the actual damage reduction from the resil. Once you get higher gear levels than yes it will start to cap out and pvp power will be a better option.
    So we will be able to get bursted faster then we do now...great!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  13. #13
    So, as fc's, is there a "soft cap" where we should start gemming stam>resil? Or just keep going resil even though the returns are even less now?

  14. #14
    Here is an early draft interactive graph comparing Resilience and Effective Health in 5.2 vs 5.1. A cleaned up version of this will be in the revised guide.

    http://battlemasters.org/guides/resilvis52.html

    The basic analysis is that Blizzard was dead on with their explanation, effective health returns from resilience in 5.2 are perfectly linear. Anyone with less than 10k Resil should see a slight bump in effective health from the patch, anyone with more should see a slight loss. Going forward Resil will still be a great, lucrative stat, just not the exponentionally valuable super-stat it was before at higher levels.

    P.S. The effective health listed in that graph is a percentage relative to displayed health, so 300 would mean effective health is 300% of displayed health.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Here is an early draft interactive graph comparing Resilience and Effective Health in 5.2 vs 5.1. A cleaned up version of this will be in the revised guide.

    http://battlemasters.org/guides/resilvis52.html

    The basic analysis is that Blizzard was dead on with their explanation, effective health returns from resilience in 5.2 are perfectly linear. Anyone with less than 10k Resil should see a slight bump in effective health from the patch, anyone with more should see a slight loss. Going forward Resil will still be a great, lucrative stat, just not the exponentionally valuable super-stat it was before at higher levels.

    P.S. The effective health listed in that graph is a percentage relative to displayed health, so 300 would mean effective health is 300% of displayed health.
    Great work, thanks alot for this!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Here is an early draft interactive graph comparing Resilience and Effective Health in 5.2 vs 5.1. A cleaned up version of this will be in the revised guide.

    http://battlemasters.org/guides/resilvis52.html

    The basic analysis is that Blizzard was dead on with their explanation, effective health returns from resilience in 5.2 are perfectly linear. Anyone with less than 10k Resil should see a slight bump in effective health from the patch, anyone with more should see a slight loss. Going forward Resil will still be a great, lucrative stat, just not the exponentionally valuable super-stat it was before at higher levels.

    P.S. The effective health listed in that graph is a percentage relative to displayed health, so 300 would mean effective health is 300% of displayed health.
    Thank you for this, so for highest effective health, should fc gem stamina after 10,200 resil, or just keep stafking resil?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Here is an early draft interactive graph comparing Resilience and Effective Health in 5.2 vs 5.1. A cleaned up version of this will be in the revised guide.

    http://battlemasters.org/guides/resilvis52.html

    The basic analysis is that Blizzard was dead on with their explanation, effective health returns from resilience in 5.2 are perfectly linear. Anyone with less than 10k Resil should see a slight bump in effective health from the patch, anyone with more should see a slight loss. Going forward Resil will still be a great, lucrative stat, just not the exponentionally valuable super-stat it was before at higher levels.

    P.S. The effective health listed in that graph is a percentage relative to displayed health, so 300 would mean effective health is 300% of displayed health.
    Explain to me how exactly this is a good thing? We were already able to almost global people in full PvP gear gemmed for resilience and PvP resilience was lagging behind. Burst was insane this season and one of the main issues. Now we will have a massive gain in PvP power and main stats while resilience wont provide as much reduction, so we're looking ahead to a season with even more burst than the last one.

    Well at least it allows for people wearing PvE gear again. Nice for all those heroic raiders who can get the great new trinkets, legendary metagem and heroic weapons from throne of thunder. Massive gain with hardly any loss!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Explain to me how exactly this is a good thing? We were already able to almost global people in full PvP gear gemmed for resilience and PvP resilience was lagging behind. Burst was insane this season and one of the main issues. Now we will have a massive gain in PvP power and main stats while resilience wont provide as much reduction, so we're looking ahead to a season with even more burst than the last one.

    Well at least it allows for people wearing PvE gear again. Nice for all those heroic raiders who can get the great new trinkets, legendary metagem and heroic weapons from throne of thunder. Massive gain with hardly any loss!
    I think you're confused.

    • Resilience is worse than it was, but still the best stat by far.
    • Everyone's damage reduction has gone up, no matter what gear they are in (as of right now)
    • Resilience and PvP Power are still way better than PvE gear
    • The 'rofl' procs from PvE gear have a lesser proc chance vs players, meaning that they will probably proc once every 1 minute or so and it'll be completely RNG. (and thus will be useless probably 95% of times they proc. PvP trinkets are way more reliable).
    • Metagems won't be able to be placed in PvP gear because the iLevel isn't high enough

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Explain to me how exactly this is a good thing? We were already able to almost global people in full PvP gear gemmed for resilience and PvP resilience was lagging behind. Burst was insane this season and one of the main issues. Now we will have a massive gain in PvP power and main stats while resilience wont provide as much reduction, so we're looking ahead to a season with even more burst than the last one.

    Well at least it allows for people wearing PvE gear again. Nice for all those heroic raiders who can get the great new trinkets, legendary metagem and heroic weapons from throne of thunder. Massive gain with hardly any loss!
    Very few players had more than 10k resilience at the release of the patch, so virtually everyone should have seen an immediate increase in their survivability (even if it was only minor). Going forward survivability gains will be more consistent (linear), rather than starting out slow and rising rapidly at the high end. If Blizzard finds that damage is too high in PVP across the board they can always adjust the scaling again, or just increase the amount of it on current gear.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

  20. #20
    Question- the 5.2 honor gear has more pvp resil and pvp power than than the non-upgraded 5.1 version, but has, for example, less agility and less stamina. Which one is better?

    Also, even the upgraded 5.1 malev gear has less pvp power and resil than the 5.2 honor gear. Do pvp power and resil gains make it worth giving up the agility and stam gains of the upgraded 5.1 gear for the 5.2 honor gear?

    It is kind of aggravating since I thought upgraded 5.1 malev was supposed to be better than 5.2 honor gear, but it is not clear to me which is better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •