Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I looked at stores around where I live and no one carries the XFX 550. I found one thats an Antec 550w but im not sure how to tell if It'll have low voltage like you said. Do I just need to find something higher than +12V becuase the antec one says +12v on the box

No, you want +12V, It is what your CPU, GPU etc. needs to work. If your +12V rail is delivering severly less than +12V, say 11.6V, there can be instability issues. (the 11.6V was just a mumber pulled out of thin air, 11.90 can cause instability as well as 11.60)

Do they have Seasonic or Corsair TX series or better at your store?

If not, the Antec HPG 520 and 620 are Seasonic S/M12ii power supplies with a different sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    No, you want +12V, It is what your CPU, GPU etc. needs to work. If your +12V rail is delivering severly less than +12V, say 11.6V, there can be instability issues. (the 11.6V was just a mumber pulled out of thin air, 11.90 can cause instability as well as 11.60)

Do they have Seasonic or Corsair TX series or better at your store?
    Just don't start to say he has to replace the power supply, I mean 11.9V is just a variation of ~3% which is fine.

@Op I asked before if you are mixing ram. Just use the ones which are exactly identical. Get now an USB stick out and let this tool prepare the stick http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20....installer.zip

Boot from the USB with the button F8 and select the usb stick before Windows. Leave the test running for like 2 hours and report your errors here

all my ram sticks are PC2-5300 DDR2

EDIT: Ill have a to buy a USB stick tomorrow and try that out

Problem solved, bought the Antec 550w and no more crashing. =) thanks for the help