Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Eric Holder on decision day: the country will be less safe

Eric Holder on decision day: the country will be less safe
    By Pierre Thomas, Richard Coolidge, and Jordyn Phelps 3/1/2013

Attorney General Eric Holder says the country is less safe because of the across-the-board spending cuts that go into effect today and that those who claim the administration has been fear mongering about the cuts simply don't have the facts straight.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-pl...123204219.html
    The war on terror was invented by the Feds. The purpose is to demand more money and power from people. So when the intelligence and Pentagon are there, the terror will be there too. If there is none, they create one.

Human have hound in their house to protect their family against the wolf. As the hound getting more power, they don't want to be guards any more. They want to be master. So the hound trained some wolf they captured. Let these agent wolf to attack and kill human. Human is frightened. They give hound whatever they demanded -money, power ..... Now hound become master. When they need something, they let the agent wolf have an attack on human, then said, this is a long war, to protect your lives, I need warrantless surveillance, more budget fund, torture prison.... . The hound repeated its demand, "This enemy has struck us, and they will strike again, and we'll give our folks the tools necessary to protect the country," if you don't then the hound "can not protect ourselves".

That's why we saw after 10 years, occasionally a wolf or two were captured. But hundreds of thousands of innocent people died. There is an endless war to control people. A constant blackmail for more power.

What the actual fuck are you muttering about here? Can we get a recap with a bit less dramatic license?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    The war on terror was invented by the Feds. The purpose is to demand more money and power from people. So when the intelligence and Pentagon are there, the terror will be there too. If there is none, they create one.
    Wait, so Al Qaeda is made up? Bin laden wasn't a real person?

I don't even understand how you make the connection. All the quote says is that the budget cuts make us less safe....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

I don't even understand how you make the connection. All the quote says is that the budget cuts make us less safe....
    It's basically what conspiracy theorists do. They bring a story than make up a ton of crap that was never said, nor implied.

I guess you could say that the USA created the Taliban issues in Afghanistan, and the antagonism between Iraq and its neighbours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the US did give the drug cartels, terrorists guns and supplied violent rebellion groups with bombs and guns.

And supplies some unstable countries with guns ammo and bombs too so they could be a larger threat to other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe he can sell some more AR15s to the Mexican drug cartels to help out his budget. No Idea what the OP's ramble is about. My head hurts reading it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Either A:

Al Qaeda and friends were created directly by the US government to give them the opportunity to integrate TSA, etc.

or B:

Al Qaeda and friends were created indirectly by the US government sticking its fingers into everybody's pies, giving the US government the opportunity to integrate TSA, etc.

Does it matter whether or not the Fed created Al Qaeda, if you assume that the US government does not have your best interests at heart? Does anyone genuinely believe that the US government has your interests in mind?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

While the OP is babbling nonsensically, his basic point is essentially correct - Holder's blatantly lying about the sequester making us "less safe".

10+ Year Old Account
    what exactly is going on here? im confused as to what he's trying to say.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what exactly is going on here? im confused as to what he's trying to say.
    You need to put your tinfoil hat on to see it, nice and tight.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah, I feel so unsafe.

I feel more unsafe from not being in complete opposition from a conspiracy theorist than I do from those much needed cuts.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-03-06 at 04:38 AM.

How was the war on terror used to get more money from the people when taxes were cut during it against all good economic sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    How was the war on terror used to get more money from the people when taxes were cut during it against all good economic sense?
    The War on Terror was and is used to discipline uncooperative OPEC nations which were steering away from the Petrodollar, which would result in the collapse of the US dollar.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The War on Terror was and is used to discipline uncooperative OPEC nations which were steering away from the Petrodollar, which would result in the collapse of the US dollar.
    I'm not actually all too torn up about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While the OP is babbling nonsensically, his basic point is essentially correct - Holder's blatantly lying about the sequester making us "less safe".
    If you listen to Obama and his cronies (like Holder) there is no money to be found, anywhere, and no we're all going to suffer. Except that Obama just found 250 million to give to Egypt. In fact Obama finds money all the time when other countries need it. But he's hard up to make us suffer.

EDIT:

I don't fear terrorist. I fear the Government that constantly wants to take more of my money from me, so they can give it to a foreign country, while telling me I have to suffer because they don't have enough money. I fear the Government that constantly redefines terrorism every-time they start to resemble the old definition. I fear a government that wants to ban hunting rifles (Colorado) and handguns (Obamas ban) while putting MRAP's in civilian cities and threatening to "drone" people it deems as "terrorist."
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2013-03-06 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    If you listen to Obama and his cronies (like Holder) there is no money to be found, anywhere, and no we're all going to suffer. Except that Obama just found 250 million to give to Egypt. In fact Obama finds money all the time when other countries need it. But he's hard up to make us suffer.

EDIT:

I don't fear terrorist. I fear the Government that constantly wants to take more of my money from me, so they can give it to a foreign country, while telling me I have to suffer because they don't have enough money. I fear the Government that constantly redefines terrorism every-time they start to resemble the old definition. I fear a government that wants to ban hunting rifles (Colorado) and handguns (Obamas ban) while putting MRAP's in civilian cities and threatening to "drone" people it deems as "terrorist."
    You're afraid of things you really shouldn't be afraid of. This government isn't going to round you up and throw you in a prison camp, you will not be assassinated for dissenting, you will not be classified as a terrorist because Obama said "fuck it why not?"

We are suffering because they couldn't come to a deal, the cuts were written into law and were targeted specifically to things that both parties absolutely hate cutting to force their hand and compromise on a bill that would reduce the deficit as the main goal. They utterly failed at doing that, and so these bizarre and arbitrary cuts went into effect. You aren't being forced to suffer because the President is an evil man or something, and honestly you may not be touched by the Sequester at all. The chances of this stuff being retroactively overturned are pretty high (Republicans are already trying to do it with Defense).

Obama is not banning handguns, Feinstein's bill the last time I looked at it did not aim to ban handguns, and while I'm not going to get drawn into a gun debate I just wanted to say that your fear of that is unnecessary.

Our taxes are lower probably than at most times in American history, even after Obama's small increase. He made the bush era tax cuts permanent, and before this year even gave people a tax holiday to lower them even further. Even in the event that you were being bled absolutely dry by this administration, the money is more often than not going to either waste (in some cases), or to pay for the general deficits run up by running a government. Welfare, Medicare, Medicaid, Defense, Infrastructure, corporate welfare, etc. Your countrymen get FAR MORE from the taxes taken from you than any foreign person or power ever will.

You really don't need to fear the government, you don't need to (and shouldn't) fall in lock step with it but to fear it is sort of extreme. The government, while riddled with corruption in some areas like Congress, is still a representative government of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

If you don't know the connection, ask Karzai. US army is there to combat against Taliban, how could they collaborated? Read Karzai's allegation, then go back to my comment: If there is none, they create one.

Afghan leader alleges US, Taliban are colluding
    By RAHIM FAIEZ and KIMBERLY DOZIER | Associated Press – 3/10/2013

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday accused the Taliban and the U.S. of working in concert to convince Afghans that violence will worsen if most foreign troops leave — an allegation the top American commander in Afghanistan rejected as "categorically false."

Karzai said two suicide bombings that killed 19 people on Saturday — one outside the Afghan Defense Ministry and the other near a police checkpoint in eastern Khost province — show the insurgent group is conducting attacks to demonstrate that international forces will still be needed to keep the peace after their current combat mission ends in 2014.

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-leader-...075031783.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look who's ban has expired. For posting conspiracy theories, for that matter, so how long do you think he'll last this time?
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB Ip ban...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.