Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Well, I was doing around 80k dps on last 2 bosses of HOF and first 2 of ToES...
    I set my build a mix of haste/mastery...
    WTF?
    Well.. I dont have numbers yet, but I improve haste to improve mana regen and I dont get OOM anytime..
    Was using rune of power and I glyphed Mana Gem to help it.
    I've noticed that Arcane Barrage is stronger than Arcane Missels. So, fish for AM isnt a good choice.. We have to cast only 4 AB now (note that haste help this phase as well) so keep casting FFB or something to proc Arcane Missels sounds stupid. And, Arcane Barrage seems to me, the best spell to proc missels, so I can start a phase of ABx4 with one missel ready to use, and with 4 Arcane Blasts, I may proc another and my dps is a boom..
    Aw, I was using Nether Tempest... I May be wrong but it helps a lot to proc missels when u refresh it.

  2. #82
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Well, I was doing around 80k dps on last 2 bosses of HOF and first 2 of ToES...
    I set my build a mix of haste/mastery...
    Don't. They're very differing playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Well.. I dont have numbers yet, but I improve haste to improve mana regen
    Haste improves your mana regeneration, yes, but it also increases your casting speed, meaning you spend more mana. It offsets itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    I've noticed that Arcane Barrage is stronger than Arcane Missels. So, fish for AM isnt a good choice..
    Can someone verify this? AM should always hit harder than AB at identical mana levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    We have to cast only 4 AB now (note that haste help this phase as well) so keep casting FFB or something to proc Arcane Missels sounds stupid.
    OK. 4xAB and you have an AM proc. You now have about 5 seconds to proc a second AM in order to keep yourself at maximum stacks. With the FFB glyph that's two FFBs, or LB+FB+FFB. Note that FFB is mana positive with IW's passive up, and you'd be bombing anyway, you're trading a part of the mana of Fire Blast for up to three more chances at a second AM (which you'd use instantly). It's possible to stay relatively mana neutral with this set-up, of course you could be unlucky and be lacking on the AM front, in which case you'd AB at 5s remaining on Arcane Charges (which is definitely mana negative, at 35k mana per cast).

    It's the same tactic that Scorch weaving had pre-patch with the exception that you have to stand and cast a spell that's nowhere near as mana positive as Scorch was, but still mana positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    And, Arcane Barrage seems to me, the best spell to proc missels, so I can start a phase of ABx4 with one missel ready to use, and with 4 Arcane Blasts, I may proc another and my dps is a boom..
    I save ABarr for movement, as it's an instant and Arcane is naturally weak during movement phases we'll need as much DPS on the move as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Aw, I was using Nether Tempest... I May be wrong but it helps a lot to proc missels when u refresh it.
    I believe that all the bombs have an identical chance to proc missiles to prevent the whole "You're Arcane and you'd be an idiot to pick any other talent" problem that the old talent trees had.

    I'm running LB because it doesn't have a sound glitch and it has a one second global.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

  3. #83
    Buddy... Arcane Barrage is weak??????
    Just, turn on your recount graphic of DPS and stack 4 arcane charges and barrage... See how boost it is.
    You just disagree of everything without consider anything or, at least, test what I mean.
    No-need to reply if it's not to help

  4. #84
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Buddy... Arcane Barrage is weak?
    I never said that. It does hit like a train, but the idea of Mastery Arcane is to stay at maximum stacks and maximum mana as much as possible to exploit your high Mastery stat.

    Popping ABarr is a DPS gain, restacking Arcane Charges is a DPS loss. They should cancel each other out.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •