5.2, how should mistweavers heal?

Hi guys. I started playing mistweaver about 2 and a half weeks ago so I'm still quite new to the class and I'm honestly kind of overwhelmed by the changes they made. I was just started to get comfortable healing with jab as my primary chi generator now I kind of feel lost so I was hoping someone with more experience could help me figure out how to approach 5.2.

The biggest question is should I be using soothing mist as my primary chi generator now? Should I use enveloping mist often or continue to save chi for uplift? I guess its just dependent on raid vs focused damage?

Obviously chi wave had its healing nerfed so I assume chi burst is now the better option for mistweavers? That said chi wave has half the cd so is it still good?

Would really appreciate any help here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely Soothing Mist then Envelop or Uplift depending on the damage taken. Also I recommend to use healing sphere for burst healing.

Though I am a pvper so it might be different.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Easy way
    Step 1. Run to boss, slap him to ignore ranged mechanics
    Step 3. Channel soothing mists
    Step 2. Keep ReM and your T30 & xuen/torpedo talents on cd or save em for strong healing situation
    Step 4. uplift/Enveloping ( as you see fit)
    Step 5 (situational) stacked up healing spam spinning crane kick/torpedo/surging + uplift & OFC use TFT

Did I miss anything for mist weaving?

I would personally say get chi wave in 10 cause most of the fights stacking in 10 man is sparse.
    Last edited by Apaylo; 2013-03-05 at 11:56 PM.

Deleted
    You didn't miss anything but you did put spam and surging in the same sentence...

How do you get torpedo to work so that you dont have to be facing where it goes? I saw affinichi do it in his stream where he has some other way of telling it the direction to torpedo so he can go forward and back really quickly through a group.

If you have the default movement layout..
    Step 1. Press S+ Chi Torpedo
    Step 2. Press Chi Torpedo...

Thats for backward and forward... figure the rest =p

Quote Originally Posted by Jkaplan View Post
    How do you get torpedo to work so that you dont have to be facing where it goes? I saw affinichi do it in his stream where he has some other way of telling it the direction to torpedo so he can go forward and back really quickly through a group.
    Just hold back and press Chi Torpedo again as if you were jumping backward. It will do it automatically.

chi torpedo is the same as roll.

aka when your backpedaling and use it you go backwards.
    then run forward and chi torpedo again to go back and forth thru the group quickly
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Protip, tap S and space then chi torpedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkaplan View Post
    backpeddle or strafe then click the button while doing it - and as Reg said, jump before pressing chi torpedo if you dont want to travel that far with it.

I didn't have much trouble healing today after the changes, but I'm disappointed that my eminence healing has tanked since I preferred to heal that way over mistweaving. Not optimal, I know, but it was more fun.

Deleted
    the streams of top guilds running new raid atm seem to show MW is the worst and clunkiest heal ever.

That's really scarring

Can't wait to see tomorrow if mw is garbage or if top guild got just stupid monks

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    the streams of top guilds running new raid atm seem to show MW is the worst and clunkiest heal ever.

That's really scarring

Can't wait to see tomorrow if mw is garbage or if top guild got just stupid monks
    My guilds messing around on Jin'rokh right now and honestly I really hate the way MW feels right now. Having to spam soothing is really boring to me it just feels like the class is slower and less enjoyable. I personally really liked fistweaving and maintaining buffs.

went 7/12 tonight... was able to you int food/flask and didnt have any trouble with mana and when times got rough I was still able to jab jab uplfit. Get used to fistweaving and using extra chi from expel harm/renewing mists for your uplifts.